football
Latest News:

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

Waring
02 August, 2018 15:59
In his post-match interview, MM said that all available players had played. Is Waring available? If not, why? Is he injured? It's bizarre. He was at Stoke who were then a mid-table Premier League side so he can't be a really bad player. Why hasn't he played? He was given a two-year contract so he must have been rated. Last season, he had hardly any time on the pitch and was then loaned out. This season, no word about him at all.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Waring
02 August, 2018 16:53
Being at a premier league club does not signify any great merit.Many players get released and end up with quite obscure non league clubs.He was never a first team contender at Stoke

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 22:00
So why a two-year contract?

jim rockford
jim rockford (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 23:07
Quote:
HardlyYardley
So why a two-year contract?
Just a poor decision by MM it happens.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 07:11
Was it Mellons decision? I believe last summer's signings were palios picks. Signings from October onwards were Mellons after he threatened to quit

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 10:08
There is absolutely no evidence for that and if it were so than Mellon would be a lesser manager for accepting the situation and Palois would n
be a lesser chairman for exceeding his role.
I would not demean either with such speculation

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 10:18
I'd normally be inclined to agree with Devon's point but then there was the signing of Louis Almond - a transfer completed when we didn't have a manager and, of course, a player who didn't feature in the new manager's plans. I had my doubts before that too, for example I can't believe Hume was a Micky Adams signing.

We'll probably never know and, even if it was happening, it seems to have stopped. So onwards and upwards.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 14:39
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
I'd normally be inclined to agree with Devon's point but then there was the signing of Louis Almond - a transfer completed when we didn't have a manager and, of course, a player who didn't feature in the new manager's plans. I had my doubts before that too, for example I can't believe Hume was a Micky Adams signing.
We'll probably never know and, even if it was happening, it seems to have stopped. So onwards and upwards.

Speak to Louis Almonds' dad and you'll get a few choice words on that saga.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 14:49
Quote:
DevonExile
Being at a premier league club does not signify any great merit.Many players get released and end up with quite obscure non league clubs.He was never a first team contender at Stoke
Jack Dunn springs to mind

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 09:32
Tranmere have always signed players and never played them its a tradition

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 22:07
Name a club that hasn't done that even in the last 20 years.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net