football
Latest News:

theonewiththeflask
theonewiththeflask (IP Logged)

Get off Cole's back
02 August, 2018 11:01
So he signs back for a year and people already on his case. Some of our fans are fickle beyond belief...absolute keyboard warriors. Stockton scored quite a lot in his last season between Morecambe and us....so much so a Scottish Premier League side signed him. It hasn't worked out but he holds it up well and could build a partnership with Norwood. Mo Salah wasn't prolific when he was young...now look at him. For once,rather than moan and complain can't we get behind the team and players. No doubt if we aren't top by end of September some of you will be calling for Mickey's head. SWA

pez
pez (IP Logged)

Re: Get off Cole's back
02 August, 2018 11:10
To be fair , most posters on here have been OK about this signing.

Most of us have said give him a chance to show what he can do.

Its only a minority that have slated him, and hopefully they will have to eat their words if he manages to rekindle his form.

A one year deal on a free is great for the club and Micky has already indicated that he is trying to bring in another forward player.

Too soon to be getting on anyone's backs yet.

Let's hope Micky's faith in Stockton is repaid on the field of play?

Welcome home Cole, I'm sure the majority of fans wish you well!

shankstheman
shankstheman (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 11:12
Just signed in to make a similar comment you beat me to it, Cole did us proud at the end of 2016/17 season and I believe with the right service he could do it again. If I remember a lot of the goals he scored were supplied by Nors, so why cant this be done again. Further more with the show I've seen from Zoom, Caprice and Gilmour, along with the performances from our usual suspects I feel that there will be other avenues for service and hopefully assists for Cole and Nors to convert. Negativity breeds negativity, lets be positive about our return and climb the table to success.

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 11:12
theonewiththeflask- I agree completely about cole Stockton. if everyone remembers - gary brabin did not rate cole Stockton and sent him out on a half season loan to Morecambe fc were he scored approx. 11 goals. then with half a season to go , brabin got sacked - micky mellon came in he recalled Stockton from his loan, and he scored another 11 or so goals for us in the 2nd half of that season. so approx. 22 goals in one season is not bad at all. if he can get anywere near that this season- that should be ok.

cintraman
cintraman (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 11:13
Please , please everyone. Give Cole a fair chance. He is not , and never will be, Andy Cook but showed the season before last that he can be quite a handful when given the right service . Keep the faith!!

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 11:28
Quote:
theonewiththeflask
So he signs back for a year and people already on his case. Some of our fans are fickle beyond belief...absolute keyboard warriors. Stockton scored quite a lot in his last season between Morecambe and us....so much so a Scottish Premier League side signed him. It hasn't worked out but he holds it up well and could build a partnership with Norwood. Mo Salah wasn't prolific when he was young...now look at him. For once,rather than moan and complain can't we get behind the team and players. No doubt if we aren't top by end of September some of you will be calling for Mickey's head. SWA

plus 1

Stewsydney
Stewsydney (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 11:58
Some absolute throbbers on facebook today , we arent rich so who do we think we can attract ? At least its another striker so give the lad a break ffs

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 12:08
Agree give the Lad a chance ,I was disappointed he Left. so welcome back .he should feel more confident he knows the club and most of the staff ,I thought Hearts was not a good move for him .so come on Cole shut the doubters up ,(who are entitled to their opinion by the way) and show what you can do )

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 12:08
How emotive to use terms like get off his back or give him a chance. Expressing doubts about his qualities on this board is very different to barracking him at a game.Read what the Carlisle supporters thought some described him as the worst player they had seen in a Carlisle shirt.
I very much doubt that any player is much influenced by postings for if they were that sensitive they would never cope with football.
As someone has observed Stockton is a marmite player. In the early years I thought that he would develop but this didn't really happen and a succession of managers may have missed opportunities to aid his formative years.
As with all players I want him to do well but surely it is not compulsory that we must speak in glowing terms about any signing

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 12:13
Agree Devon ,but let’s all wait and see how it pans out .its going to go one way or the other ,but it won’t help if he is booed from the first ball

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 12:25
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Agree Devon ,but let’s all wait and see how it pans out .its going to go one way or the other ,but it won’t help if he is booed from the first ball

It's up to him. The first thing he's got to do is give 100% . If he doesn't he's got no chance.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 13:32
What say you Dai Kwando......Oh sorry, we're NOT in your league anymore (well somebody had to say it....).

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 13:43
To be fair to Dai Kwando - The above article should have read - You're NOT in OUR League anymore....

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 14:26
Dai hasn't been well recently,since May actually...his mates say he's been as sick as a parrot...merrrrr.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 14:31
On the subject of Dai Kwondo and his team, I see that Wrexham have signed Jordan Maguire-Drew on a full one season loan from Brighton. I remember seeing him a couple of times on live bt sports games when he played for the Daggers, a good exciting attacking player I thought. I also see that Daggers striker Michael cheek has signed for Ebbsfleet.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 17:28
I quite agree give the lad a chance l would hope he has a bit of devil in him this time around and not just a one trick pony good luck to him.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 19:54
Quote:
theonewiththeflask
o
You posted this at 1201. Read the posts about cole before this time. I can’t find much dissing him at all. Like you say us fans can be fickle, EFC when Rooney went to mufc was the anti christ, the king again when he returned. Myself and from what I read, the majority of us are more than happy to give him another go with us. Your post appears to want to fan bash, more than defend Cole against what doesn’t appear to be a witch hunt at this time.

theonewiththeflask
theonewiththeflask (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 08:13
I think to suggest I'm fan bashing is the sound of a defensive fan. Well done for trawling through the 20 odd comments on Cole and selecting the positive ones out. I've been in Wembley after Forest Green when fans were slating Mickey for starting Cole. Those fans who celebrated his departure...who said he was a failure when released. It is well known that a selection of Tranmere fans get on teams back over nothing. So much so it was well accepted our home form was poor for several years due to the poisonous attitude at Prenton Park. So call me a fan basher all you want mate but everything I say is truth.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 09:04
There were not many fans on here that that I recall we're happy to see him go.There were some and I was among them that we're sorry that after the first bit of sustained form for us that he choose to depart and via a route that brought nothing to the club to compensate for the investment in his development.
Most posters now are not being anti Cole more taking the view that the jury remains out on whether he can reproduce the few months of sustained performance shown in his last season

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 07:52 by DevonExile.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 23:30
I think he's really handsome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net