football
Latest News:

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Morgan Ferrier
21 July, 2018 14:12
Confirmation from Boreham Wood that we did make an acceptable offer and the player turned us down, BUT an astonishing insight into the behaviour of his agent. Chapter and verse here: [www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk]

Don't know if we still have any interest in signing him but we may have just dodged a bullet here.

mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

Re: Morgan Ferrier
21 July, 2018 14:48
A quick Google search reveals he fell out with Liam Brady whilst in the youth team at Arsenal, then with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at Forest. Now being a pain at Boreham. Yep, stay well clear.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

21 July, 2018 15:43
It’s a definite No for all the baggage he would bring.He has had injuries and letting people send an email on your behalf without vetting it.Frankly if he doesn’t know how unscrupulous his new agents are he may not have the nous to make it anywhere.Would make me think that he wouldn’t be able to comprehend Micky’s team talks either
Fair play to Boreham Wood to tackle the riff raff head on and glad that he won’t set foot at Prenton Park on a permanent basis

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

21 July, 2018 15:52
Quote:
bheadlad
It’s a definite No for all the baggage he would bring.He has had injuries and letting people send an email on your behalf without vetting it.Frankly if he doesn’t know how unscrupulous his new agents are he may not have the nous to make it anywhere.Would make me think that he wouldn’t be able to comprehend Micky’s team talks either
Fair play to Boreham Wood to tackle the riff raff head on and glad that he won’t set foot at Prenton Park on a permanent basis

+1 and fair play to boreham wood for bringing this out in the open and wanting to take it to the high court.. some of these agents/reps are a real cancer on the game..anyway if ferrier doesn't want to play for the mighty TRFC then F*ck him.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

21 July, 2018 15:54
He sounds awful, you'd expect that in the premiership or championship but not non-league!

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

21 July, 2018 20:24
This is absolutely diabolical behaviour.Glad we are not involved with him.I feel really sorry for all at BWFC.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

21 July, 2018 20:52
It shows that you never just sign a player you sign a person and all their baggage..If we really did try to sign him then we escaped a potential bullet. It makes you wonder how much clubs look beyond what happens on the pitch when signing plsyers

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

21 July, 2018 21:35
berahino was being chased by some of the top four, i think spurs got knocked back, he wasnt allowed to leave WBA so he stopped training, went on strike and later failed a drugs test.

he now is lumbering at stoke and its been 3 seasons since his last league goal.

there will be clubs that pretty much have to take a punt and sign a wrongun, but players like that are rarely indulgess by the teams their raw talent might deserve.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

21 July, 2018 22:44
Can’t see their beef, welcome to professional football, nothing new here so much so I made the comment on the other thread his agent is engineering a move, that’s what they do it’s what the player pays them for to earn more money and capitalise on success, Boringwood will be the other end of the table this year and at Christmas instead of Morgan Ferrier the only Morgan we will be hearing about is Captain, January will come and go, strike while the irons hot and that.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

21 July, 2018 23:42
Football agents need to act responsibly and be accountable for their actions.

Agent impropriety has been known down the years I:E Cory Collymore, but this individual should not be behaving the way they have been.

Ferrier was naive to not vet the agent's email and it is clear this new agent represents impropriety of which there can be none in the game.

Good luck to Borehamwood trying to shut down this kind of behaviour. If they win then potentially so many football clubs will win and legislation might be brought in to add more regulation to the way agents and representatives conduct themselves, if such regulation, whatever it might be, is deemed necessary.

Ferrier on the other hand needs to be a little more savvy and professional about how he conducts himself and frankly it would seem Tranmere are better off without him.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

22 July, 2018 09:15
Is it not that the Wood are just a bit put out, because they won’t get as much as they would had he came to us. In there words tranmere offer was considerably more. Sour grapes maybe.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

22 July, 2018 21:39
Getting more money perhaps, but the agent was still trying to bully them into doing what he wanted and his conduct was still poor.

Imagine Tranmere dealing with someone of that mentality and they were getting an offer for a player of £150,000 from an SPL club or one for £130,000 from a League one club and he said he didn't want to play in Scotland, then his agent says to Micky Mellon, my client wants to join league 1 club X, do this, do that Mr Mellon and hop to it and by the way your Chairman worked at the FA, around the time there was a minor scandal involving a now ex-England Manager, so he must be a bit snide in some way and probably being savvy with accounts knows how to fiddle the books.

If that happened how many people would be on here lambasting the player and agent?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

22 July, 2018 21:50
Quote:
– Boreham Wood receive a formal written offer from the buying club
– A transfer fee of no less than £35,000 (thirty-five thousand) will be payable

– Both clubs will agree a sell-on fee and/or additional terms

well they say that this contract is meant to be clear cut so no arguments can arise:

Quote:
the conditions are not tricky, they are all very, very simple and all very, very easy to understand and to comply with.

however this clause:

Quote:
Both clubs will agree a sell-on fee and/or additional terms

opens a massive can of worms

it appears that wimbledon met the transfer fee of £35k, but boreham were asking for sell on fees and other clauses that wimbledon could not meet.

we have no idea how resonable these negotiations were.

boreham are well within their rights to ask for a 65% sell on fee and 35k bonus if wimbledon stay up, 25k if ferrier plays 30 games etc etc.

they can raise the transfer fee to match our offer and beyond.

the agent was merely asking for:

Quote:
release Morgan for £35k plus a 20% sell on,

which doesnt seem excessive at all to me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/07/2018 21:52 by mrGr33n13.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

22 July, 2018 23:06
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Quote:
– Boreham Wood receive a formal written offer from the buying club
– A transfer fee of no less than £35,000 (thirty-five thousand) will be payable

– Both clubs will agree a sell-on fee and/or additional terms

well they say that this contract is meant to be clear cut so no arguments can arise:

Quote:
the conditions are not tricky, they are all very, very simple and all very, very easy to understand and to comply with.

however this clause:

Quote:
Both clubs will agree a sell-on fee and/or additional terms

opens a massive can of worms

it appears that wimbledon met the transfer fee of £35k, but boreham were asking for sell on fees and other clauses that wimbledon could not meet.

we have no idea how resonable these negotiations were.

boreham are well within their rights to ask for a 65% sell on fee and 35k bonus if wimbledon stay up, 25k if ferrier plays 30 games etc etc.

they can raise the transfer fee to match our offer and beyond.

the agent was merely asking for:

Quote:
release Morgan for £35k plus a 20% sell on,

which doesnt seem excessive at all to me

I dont think BWFC are that concerned about the contract details, its the unfounded comments made about their Chairman and Manager that they are seeking legal retribution over.

This new agent / adviser made threats concerning their conduct and reputations which is very unacceptable.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

22 July, 2018 23:37
Yah but if BW are using the lack of clarity in their contract to break he spirit of the clause (ie making unreasonable add-on demands in order to effectively raise the 35k release fee) then there might be reason why they are resorting to being dicks.

As it is they are waving their contract around as though terrier is being unreaonable in asking to be released for 35k +20%

His agent's behaviour is poor, but I wouldnt be quick to see it as clear black and white.

23 July, 2018 10:24
and you wonder why Managers sign players they have worked with before!! Better the Devil you know.

misterecoli
misterecoli (IP Logged)

23 July, 2018 16:33
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Yah but if BW are using the lack of clarity in their contract to break he spirit of the clause (ie making unreasonable add-on demands in order to effectively raise the 35k release fee) then there might be reason why they are resorting to being dicks.
As it is they are waving their contract around as though terrier is being unreaonable in asking to be released for 35k +20%

His agent's behaviour is poor, but I wouldnt be quick to see it as clear black and white.

I can't imagine the non specified 'add on fees' were that problematic seeing as we had managed to meet their expectations on them and are a league below AFC Wimbledon. Seems like if it was going to be a sticking point he should have mentioned it when he signed the contract in the first place.

Tho unless we see the contract details then we'll never know...

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

23 July, 2018 17:25
sounds to me that his previous agent was a bit too pliant and allowed BW to draw up a vague contract with clauses that allowed them to effectively raise the transfer fee to where they wanted it.

a release clause is surely there so that when conditions 'x' are met a player is allowed to leave. there is literally zero point in having a release clause whereby the club can raise the fee on a whim. ' conditions 'x' clearly need to be defined in the contract. here they are not and BW can cleary bin off a bid by raising the addons. barmy that his orignal agent allowed such a thing.

noticed BW big'd him up for how respectful he had been. little wonder

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

23 July, 2018 18:17
Always 2 sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in the middle, don’t be so naive as to think the club won’t play the same games as the agent, why do you think they’ve made it public, it’s not because they have suddenly developed a set of morals, it’s because they know Ferriers off and couldn’t agree terms here in what was clearly a good deal for them, they want to maximise their profit or maybe even put other clubs off by making them think he’s a bell and punish him for not coming here so they can cash in, leave him to sulk in the youth team where he’s not making bonuses.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

27 July, 2018 13:10
All resolved - the player has withdrawn the allegation, binned his agent and apologised to all concerned: [www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk]

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

27 July, 2018 14:12
The article leaves open the prospect of him leaving if the right move comes along.
What chance that we make another approach 30k would not be an unreasonable price

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

27 July, 2018 17:30
Quote:
DevonExile
The article leaves open the prospect of him leaving if the right move comes along.
What chance that we make another approach 30k would not be an unreasonable price

I would guess none, BorehamWood accepted Tranmeres offer of 35k the player doesn’t want to come here.

cobas
cobas (IP Logged)

28 July, 2018 12:43
+1

pez
pez (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 12:20
Apparently hes signed for Walsall today.

Not a bad forward line tbh.

Maybe we were too far north for him?

#b3llend

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 12:38
Basically, Keates saw that we made an offer and because he loves anything to do with us thought 'why not'.

Hopefully (for him and them) all that nonsense is behind him with the former agent and he knuckles down as Walsall need to climb from what seems to be their usual bottom third finish in L1 in recent times.

May get to see him up top with Cook in less than 2 weeks!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 13:16
If there’s anywhere worse than Birkenhead then it’s Walsall.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 14:36
Quote:
rossb07
Basically, Keates saw that we made an offer and because he loves anything to do with us thought 'why not'.
Hopefully (for him and them) all that nonsense is behind him with the former agent and he knuckles down as Walsall need to climb from what seems to be their usual bottom third finish in L1 in recent times.

May get to see him up top with Cook in less than 2 weeks!

I doubt that Cook will be too enamoured at his arrival.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 14:43
Get cook on loan as cook wont like morgan ferrier there as its cost walsall alot of money he will be first choice now and cook benched every game u watch and see

pez
pez (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 15:48
I wonder if Ferrier is on more money than Cookie? Something has made him do a U turn?

This could be an interesting turn of events at Walsall.

My bet is Cookie will be out on loan by Christmas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net