football
Latest News:

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

George Waring
09 July, 2018 08:09
Is apparently a trialist at Grimsby, scored at the weekend.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

Re: George Waring
09 July, 2018 08:21
Good luck, good riddance, goodbye

cintraman
cintraman (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 08:50
I sometimes think that our comments regarding players can get too personal. Waring offered what he offered. Perhaps we need to look at whoever chose him. I think the same comments apply to Alabi

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 09:17
Bloody hell mrGr have you ever thought off getting a job as a bereavement counsellor 😀

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 10:44
Quote:
cintraman
I sometimes think that our comments regarding players can get too personal. Waring offered what he offered. Perhaps we need to look at whoever chose him. I think the same comments apply to Alabi
Totally agree especially considering unless his contract has already been terminated by mutual consent he is still a Tranmere player.
Waring after all was previously known to MM - he took him to Shrewsbury on loan for heaven's sake so he must have impressed then plus Waring prior to that played for Barnsley in L1 scoring 6 in 17 games so has played at a higher level than most of the rest of our squad! Much like Alabi's recruitment yes it has been an expensive mistake whoever is most to blame!

pez
pez (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 10:49
I agree about the personal comments made by some.

Let's be honest, the players are scouted and signed by the club, and sometimes it just doesn't work out.

I'm sure Alabi and Waring had every intention of coming here and playing well, but it just wasn't to be.

The club has identified this and is doing something about it.

I wish them both well, along with all the others who were released at the end of last season.

Getting them off the payroll releases revenue to bring in some new talent.

Let's just hope we get our recruitment right this time and don't have another half a dozen missfits draining the budget.

Let's see who arrives over the next month.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 11:15
Most of the player's we signed before the start of last season proved to be no good. You cant blame the player's, you have to look at who signed them.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 11:19
i get the whole Alabi thing, as he was given a chance. Waring just didnt seem to be given the chance.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 12:11
Very odd one with this lad, he has played at a good level and scored goals, I wonder if it’s more he doesn’t wa t to be here than we don’t want him, maybe after the derogatory comments from around the ground when he didn’t score 14 goals in the minutes.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 12:13
I’m hopibg it’s a wage we’ve lost in order to sign McGoldrick

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 12:18
Alabi didn't fail through lack of trying he was lumbered with the limitations of his game being rather exposed by the system we play.

Waring didnt seem to break a sweat when the going got tough and his lack of chances might be a reflection on his attitude out of games.

Certainly alabi was involved in the Wembley celebrations and it was just one of those things where his strengths weren't played to and he will be better of elsewhere.

Waring never seemed to be as part of the club

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 12:32
Good to get off wage bill. Wish him all the best. Hopefully signals we have a Cookie replacement lined up!!

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 12:42
one thing is for sure, mrGr33n13 doesn't wear a waistcoat....

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 16:59
M and S off the peg if we go out you can use it for next year's rosta of funerals and weddings. It's now an essential wardrobe accessory for any Englishman. I'll be writing another open letter if the next bond doesnt wear one.

Be nice to see the burrbery version for the casuals.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 18:37
Quote:
aktrfc
i get the whole Alabi thing, as he was given a chance. Waring just didnt seem to be given the chance.
But he was given a chance at both Halifax and Kidderminster and made little impact.
It will be a good thing to get him off the books but that will be 12 out since the end of last season and just five new signings.Hoefully there there will be a couple more substantial signings or loans including at least one striker

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 18:42
Quote:
DevonExile
Quote:
aktrfc
But he was given a chance at both Halifax and Kidderminster and made little impact.
It will be a good thing to get him off the books but that will be 12 out since the end of last season and just five new signings.Hoefully there there will be a couple more substantial signings or loans including at least one striker

So why did we sign him. I fully appreciate the manager not wanting to give him ago, if he thinks he’s not up to it, but this is the same manager who signed him. So why

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

09 July, 2018 18:59
I doubt we'll miss Alabi or Waring but, in fairness to them, they were unlucky to be given their chances at a time when we were creating nothing for the forwards.

Given Waring's loan spells last season, must be a fear he'll disappear down the leagues - being let go by a big club (in his case Stoke) often seems to knock the stuffing out of a young player and many never really get it back. Hope he makes a go of it at a decent level somewhere though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net