football
Latest News:

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

Trialist's A, B, C & D
03 July, 2018 14:09
Usually several 'un-named trialists' turn out for appraisal in Rovers pre-season games. Has ANYONE any idea just who might be lined up for such such run outs? It should be interesting to note just who is given a run and who makes it through, noting (my opinion), Rovers are a 'little light' up front & on the wings (if Tollitt is not back to full fitness that position could require a new face too). An obvious question I feel that should be answered over the next month or so.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Trialist's A, B, C & D
03 July, 2018 14:19
A midfielder from Walsall called Reece Flanagan is supposedly on trial this week, according to one of the journos who covers us. I expect we'll be looking at several players this week.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 14:41
Acquaintance who works in footballing circles says we’ve made an offer for Fat Rhead, hope not.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 15:15
Ha Ha I Like it[:wor kid:]

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 15:42
Not too sure how many we’ll see this Saturday if any but I imagine there’ll be a couple of run outs next week.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 15:59
Trialists add a bit of interest to pre season games but such games are very misleading Every summer we have Trialists who look fine against modest opposition and or in games which are not truly competitive.
It is such a rarity when any go on to make a real sustained impact once signed

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 17:20
Quote:
DevonExile
Trialists add a bit of interest to pre season games but such games are very misleading Every summer we have Trialists who look fine against modest opposition and or in games which are not truly competitive.
It is such a rarity when any go on to make a real sustained impact once signed
Indeed and we all remember how even Alabi started against Laird's and how that turned out...

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 17:29
Just heard jay fulton being mentioned

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 22:21
Flanagan's history tells that between April 2016 and February 2017, he had a knee injury and one or two other occasions he's had one too.

Hopefully he isn't someone who would break down with a knee problem within the first 10 games if he signed and started.

However if him and Fulton may be used, then it would be interesting if they get signed.

right now gut instinct says both might be, but Fulton would be more likely, as he's had some games at a higher level than Flanagan.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

04 July, 2018 12:33
Quote:
Higgosboots
Acquaintance who works in footballing circles says we’ve made an offer for Fat Rhead, hope not.

I actually think he could be half decent under the right manager and a bit lighter. Certainly knows where the goal is as has a half decent touch

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

04 July, 2018 13:53
usually, we have then taken on E

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

04 July, 2018 21:36
Quote:
AndyMase
Quote:
Higgosboots

I actually think he could be half decent under the right manager and a bit lighter. Certainly knows where the goal is as has a half decent touch

Apparently he's returned to training at Lincoln a stone lighter.

borowhite
borowhite (IP Logged)

05 July, 2018 06:12
Rhead, McNulty and Buxton - that would be some queue for the lunchtime buffet....

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

05 July, 2018 08:23
Lincoln fans are amazed at how much weight he’s lost coming back for pre season.

I’m surprised some people are turning their noses up at Rhead. He’s the kind of player we lack and would IMO be better than Waring.

I’m sure opposition fans would be saying the same kind of dismissive things about McNulty.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

06 July, 2018 14:49
Nors just acknowledged trialist B in his insta story but I didn’t recognise him. French though.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

06 July, 2018 18:03
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
AndyMase
Quote:
Higgosboots

Apparently he's returned to training at Lincoln a stone lighter.

Has he just lost a bit of the left Kankle then or maybe the right falf?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2018 18:04 by Higgosboots.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

06 July, 2018 18:21
Quote:
TimmySoft
Nors just acknowledged trialist B in his insta story but I didn’t recognise him. French though.

Got a link?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

06 July, 2018 22:09
Norwood acknowledged him? Did he say bonjour Monsieur?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

07 July, 2018 09:03
[quote Matt34]Norwood acknowledged him? Did he say bonjour Monsieur?[/quote

You missed a bit of the text , Monsieur Thierry Henry would have completed this line.

It's his look alike on the telly just to throw off the opposition.😁

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

07 July, 2018 19:00
Quote:
TimmySoft
his name is Amadou Soukouna and he scored today against Dunfermline

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net