Obviously too late to say in league/cup games 😁

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Kasper Shmeichel
01 July, 2018 19:17
Quote:
kennyspint
Tim Cahill when he was at Millwall?

Yep, knocked us out the cup in the QF replay.
And Gary at Bolton.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 20:10
Jordan Pickford was in goal for Carlisle in a 0-0 draw at Prenton about 4 years ago. he was on loan at the time. March 2014 it was in league one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 20:28 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

01 July, 2018 20:47
So the Danes won't be enjoying their bacon in the morning then, lol.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 22:06
I think Emre Can played a part in one of the Liverpool Pre-season games as a sub didn't he? It was the first one with Klopp in charge.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author

02 July, 2018 05:50
I am 99% sure that England manager Gareth Southgate played at Prenton for Crystal Palace in the 1993/1994 season. Palace won 1-0. I think the game was live on TV.

MESSAGES->author

02 July, 2018 06:09
On the subject of England managers, which England managers have played at Prenton….. pretty sure Southgate did, I think Terry Venables did, Glen Hoddle defo did, Graham Taylor ?

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 07:14
I did not realise how big Shmeichel is,a chip off the old block ,his dad to me was the best keeper I have seen .Kasper not as good but a brilliant keeper

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 07:57
Talking of coaches, Martinez played at Prenton Park when he was at Swansea (maybe when he was at Wigan too?) and Senegal coach Cisse played at Prenton Park when he was at Pompey.

Emre Can, though, wasn't in the Germany squad at this World Cup.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 09:21
Quote:
hong kong rover
On the subject of England managers, which England managers have played at Prenton….. pretty sure Southgate did, I think Terry Venables did, Glen Hoddle defo did, Graham Taylor ?
good 1 this hkr . .Howard Wilkinson Graham Taylor alf ramsey . . . .There will be a lot more

Fiftyyearsarover

02 July, 2018 09:28
Cisse lived by me in Frodsham in a big house he bought a title of some sort and was known mockingly as the Lord of Frodsham ,his ex wife still Lives there and drives a 5-8 Litre Chevy 4x4 about 6mpg she runs a beauty salon not sure she was on the “Housewife’s of Cheshire show “ Jesus you would not like to be married to that bunch it’s a wonder the plastic does not melt in this weather ,boobs done Lip suction they look like a meeting of the duck billed platypus fan club

cintraman
cintraman (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 10:56
Does anyone remember in the early sixties us signing a Morrocan international called ( I think) Abdellatis Lemsatef. Not sure whether he played in the World Cup but I am almost sure that before he appeared for us he wa done for drug dealing and went to Walton for a long sentence

TRFC18
TRFC18 (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 11:13
Harry Maguire during his Sheff Utd League One days.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 11:52
If you are going to delve into past World Cups I can't believe no one has yet mentioned Colin Clarke. Played all 3 games in Mexico 86 for NI, scoring one goal against Spain. All the year after he got 20 odd for us.

MESSAGES->author

02 July, 2018 12:07
Q. Which former Rovers player scored in the 1982 World Cup Tournament ( in Spain ), which country was he representing and which country did he score against?

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 12:50
Quote:
hong kong rover
Q. Which former Rovers player scored in the 1982 World Cup Tournament ( in Spain ), which country was he representing and which country did he score against?

Nice one HKR. Had to do some name checking on this but I did have a vague recollection of it. I won't answer just yet to see if anyone gets it.

Steve Coppell was there as well, which I had forgotten, but didn't score.

Housemartins
Housemartins (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 14:02
Steve wood I think was his name played for New Zealand and scored against Scotland I believe

MESSAGES->author

02 July, 2018 14:31
Quote:
Housemartins
Steve wood I think was his name played for New Zealand and scored against Scotland I believe

Pretty much correct, it was Steve Wooddin, he scored for NZ vs Scotland. He only played about half a dozen games for the Rovers back in the mid 70s.

MESSAGES->author

02 July, 2018 14:31
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
hong kong rover

Nice one HKR. Had to do some name checking on this but I did have a vague recollection of it. I won't answer just yet to see if anyone gets it.

Steve Coppell was there as well, which I had forgotten, but didn't score.

that's right Doogie, Coppell was there.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 20:57
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Cisse lived by me in Frodsham in a big house he bought a title of some sort and was known mockingly as the Lord of Frodsham

I think if you're referring to Djibril Cisse, his title was Lord Sefton.

03 July, 2018 08:58
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Cisse lived by me in Frodsham in a big house he bought a title of some sort and was known mockingly as the Lord of Frodsham

No definately Frodsham.... He presented the kids football prizes at the Frodsham JFC a few years back. and yes his wife is still in the vicinity

belmont63
belmont63 (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 11:16
Jose Fonte

pez
pez (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 14:18
Quote:
Itsalldownhillfromhere
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

No definately Frodsham.... He presented the kids football prizes at the Frodsham JFC a few years back. and yes his wife is still in the vicinity

Cisse's correct title was The Earl Of Frodsham , which came with the deeds on his property.

Fiftyyearsarover

03 July, 2018 14:58
Your right Pez ,Earl of Frodsham he was called ,he actually bought the title ,it’s a Bona Fida title bought off some obscure site .i am looking for Lord 50 of Helsby ,has a certain ring to it 🤴😀

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

03 July, 2018 22:25
You might find your only option would be Sir Toxteth Esq. The sort of titular accolade almost nobody would want, because it wouldn't sound that great and you could buy it for £1.

When asked about the benefits of said title, you would be told there are virtually none, except that if you live in Toxteth you would be allowed to keep a goose on your property.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2018 22:27 by Matt34.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net