football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Who is going to win this World Cup?
01 July, 2018 16:48
No Italians in the tournament and Germany, Argentina, Spain and Portugal all out before the quarter final stage, this is why its a great World Cup so far.. Brazil haven't lit the tournament alight as yet, France were superb last night, Belgium n Croatia look dangerous, Uruguay could still surprise a few, do England have a chance ? Russia were drained in extra time and were playing so deep that if Spain had been more dangerous in attack they would have done it, penalties was Russias only hope and they did it.. really enjoying this World Cup.

MESSAGES->author

Re: Who is going to win this World Cup?
01 July, 2018 16:57
The English tabloid press will be telling us tomorrow that we are destined to win it,, that's the last thing we need!

MESSAGES->author

01 July, 2018 17:15
Not forgetting, if England reach the semis then it will be the same date and time as Rovers v Liverpool friendly.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 17:32
Quote:
hong kong rover
Not forgetting, if England reach the semis then it will be the same date and time as Rovers v Liverpool friendly.
let's hope the scousers have bought there tickets already

MESSAGES->author

01 July, 2018 17:33
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
hong kong rover
let's hope the scousers have bought there tickets already

yes exactly Loyden lol

MESSAGES->author

02 July, 2018 11:50
World Cup triv quiz...

Q. Uruguay have won the World Cup twice, yet they have 4 gold stars on their team shirt, why is this? ( no cheating guys )

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 11:57
Quote:
hong kong rover
World Cup triv quiz...
Q. Uruguay have won the World Cup twice, yet they have 4 gold stars on their team shirt, why is this? ( no cheating guys )

I noticed this the other day and was wondering. Is it one star for each tooth imprint Suarez left on Chiellini?

Seriously, no idea - something to do with Cola America wins as well?

MESSAGES->author

02 July, 2018 12:08
lol, but its not the right answer Doogie.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 12:12
I hope you didn't see this in the same article as me.

It's because of the 2 Olympic golds they won before the outbreak of WW2. Apparently it was coverted more than the world cup back then.

MESSAGES->author

02 July, 2018 12:17
Quote:
rossb07
I hope you didn't see this in the same article as me.
It's because of the 2 Olympic golds they won before the outbreak of WW2. Apparently it was coverted more than the world cup back then.

correct Ross, they won the very first world cup in 1930 and again in 1950, prior to the first world cup the most prestigious footy tournament was the Olympics and it was considered the precursor to the world cup, Uruguay won the Olympic tournament in 1924 and 1928... I still don't agree that they should have 4 stars on their shirt though, cheating south American g*ts lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 12:18 by hong kong rover.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 12:20
I agree that it should only be 2 stars but I doubt FIFA have any say we th what can be on your strip unless it’s offensive.

Saying that, maybe get a petition going about how offensive it is and get the 2 stars revoked? 😁

Edit: For the record, yes I did read about this in the @#$%&. It was just lying there on a train and it’s considered illegal to burn things on public transport...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 12:21 by rossb07.

MESSAGES->author

02 July, 2018 14:04
Quote:
rossb07
I agree that it should only be 2 stars but I doubt FIFA have any say we th what can be on your strip unless it’s offensive.
Saying that, maybe get a petition going about how offensive it is and get the 2 stars revoked? 😁

Edit: For the record, yes I did read about this in the @#$%&. It was just lying there on a train and it’s considered illegal to burn things on public transport...

lol, i didnt get this poser from that despicable rag,a pal of mine told me about it a few days ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net