football
Latest News:

EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

Don't cry 4 -3 Argentina
30 June, 2018 21:48
The South American players in particular, but it applies to all teams in the World Cup, seem prone (a subliminal choice of word) to acting as if every little touch of an arm or brush of a boot by an opposing player, demands a paroxysm of demonstrable affected pain. Furthermore, should the actual point of physical contact be anywhere above the sternum, then the "injured party" must then hold his head in anguish and roll around on the pitch. TBH, this is really starting to irritate me. How can officialdom introduce measures to stop this play acting which is a blight upon the so called beautiful game?

Every ball's a white ball

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

Re: Don't cry 4 -3 Argentina
30 June, 2018 21:56
retrospective bans are the only way it will stop.

there's no culture of shame like there is in rugby or combat sports where feigning injury is seen as a reflection on your masculinity and moral fibre. the players arent sorting it themselves. the managers have no interest and even the fans are hypocrites who will support their own players. with no bottom up emergence, it simply has to be retrospective action and bans.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

30 June, 2018 23:52
Quote:
EBAWB
The South American players in particular, but it applies to all teams in the World Cup, seem prone (a subliminal choice of word) to acting as if every little touch of an arm or brush of a boot by an opposing player, demands a paroxysm of demonstrable affected pain. Furthermore, should the actual point of physical contact be anywhere above the sternum, then the "injured party" must then hold his head in anguish and roll around on the pitch. TBH, this is really starting to irritate me. How can officialdom introduce measures to stop this play acting which is a blight upon the so called beautiful game?

This has to be the best strap line for a post that I've seen on the forum.
Made me laugh.
Ps Mini Andy---Could really good subject titles be highlighted somehow ?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 00:33
Alternatively introduce chunky fines.

If a player gets £200,000 a week and bonuses, their pay would be around £11,000,000 a season.

In Britain 45% tax would leave around £6,000,000 of net pay.

Any player wishing to prat about and roll a million times, might eventually get a fine in the future worth £20,000 or something like that, so they would not be put off from cheating.

If the fine was worth 20% of a seasons pay, then a fine of £2,200,000 might deter more of this sort of thing.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 06:38
us fans could put a stop to this virtually overnight if we wanted.

all it would take is scorn and contempt to be shown to our own players. racist chanting was not stopped by fines it was stopped when we collectively decided we would shame people making monkey noises.

how many of us lapped it up when scotty ran down the clock when we were a goal up? how many of the same people later came onto the boards or got irate when visiting teams did the same?

footy fans are hypocrites. to the point where the sport is going to have to rely on fifa for strong moral guidance. that says it all.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 07:46
I just don't get it. They must know they will be found out from the first replay. Have you seen the way they check their hands for blood, it's absolutely comical. Thing is they don't seem to care

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 08:51
Exactly why I am not watching the World Cup ,had a bellyfull of these cheating prima donnas during the football season without inflicting more annoyance on myself .its pathetic I am to busy watching the cricket, England women v New Zealand today 3pm watch and enjoy

EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 12:22
Quote:
Matt34
Alternatively introduce chunky fines.
If a player gets £200,000 a week and bonuses, their pay would be around £11,000,000 a season.

In Britain 45% tax would leave around £6,000,000 of net pay.

Any player wishing to prat about and roll a million times, might eventually get a fine in the future worth £20,000 or something like that, so they would not be put off from cheating.

If the fine was worth 20% of a seasons pay, then a fine of £2,200,000 might deter more of this sort of thing.

Chunky fines eh! Might cost a couple of our players a bob or two.....

Every ball's a white ball

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 12:22
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Exactly why I am not watching the World Cup ,had a bellyfull of these cheating prima donnas during the football season without inflicting more annoyance on myself .its pathetic I am to busy watching the cricket, England women v New Zealand today 3pm watch and enjoy

Give it a go fifty, I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Yesterday was a highlight with our old foes the frogs beating the Argies.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 12:42
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

Give it a go fifty, I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Yesterday was a highlight with our old foes the frogs beating the Argies.

+1 Its been a good World Cup so far.

Fiftyyearsarover

01 July, 2018 19:28
Ok watched cricket today another win for England Ladies .so missed Russia game ,so I took your advice chaps and I am watching Croatia vDenmark not a bad game ,very little diving etc so far it’s 1-1 32 mins gone

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 19:57
Cesc Fabregas saying he was ''speechless'' was funny. Also Ramos blubbing.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

01 July, 2018 20:41
Ramos crying was one of the highlights of the tournament

Fiftyyearsarover

02 July, 2018 08:09
Quite enjoyed Croatia vDenmark mainly for the lack of diving etc they all just got on with the game which was good to see ,it could be all the cheats have had to go home .good stadiums ,good crowds, no trouble it looks a success for Russia

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 08:29
haha it seems the only enjoyment you get from games is from players not diving.

football must drive you mad.

its been an amazing world cup so far, jump right in 50.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net