Caprice
28 June, 2018 15:05
Defender Caprice signs for Rovers!

[c.newsnow.co.uk]

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Caprice
28 June, 2018 15:26
Seems to better as a wing back than a conventional full back and some Orient fans seem glad to be shut of him....so all very similar to when we signed Lee Vaughan. If he turns out as successful as that move I'll be happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2018 15:26 by Aldo'smuzzy.

EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

28 June, 2018 15:34
Maybe part of the Alabi deal....

Every ball's a white ball

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

28 June, 2018 15:42
Welcome to the club, even tho your not the Caprice I remember fondly.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

28 June, 2018 16:09
Gives us an option on the right, as good as bucko is, he’s not the fastest!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

28 June, 2018 16:27
Definition of 'Caprice' in the English language dictionary..

Caprice ( Noun )

1. A sudden and unaccountable change of mood or behaviour.

2. ( the quality of often having ) a sudden and usually silly wish to do something, or a sudden and silly change of mind or behaviour.

* Not something you would want in a reliable, solid and unwavering full back. lol.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

28 June, 2018 17:03
Welcome to Tranmere. Hope you’re treated better than the player going in the opposite direction

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

28 June, 2018 19:57
Looks like we are going 5-3-2 then!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

28 June, 2018 21:56
Seems an odd signing.Is this instead of the fee for Alabi.Nothing wrong with recruiting from the national but he does not seem to have set the world alight at Orient

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

28 June, 2018 22:04
He’s cover for bucko. Bucko get injured quiet often, and is partial to a booking!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

28 June, 2018 23:28
With a name like Jake Caprice he sounds like someone who should be a Hollywood actor, or someone modelling jumpers in a Matalan catalogue.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Durban Super White
Durban Super White (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 07:04
I see that Morgan Ferrier is on the radar. A bit of a hot head but definitely a target man. Apparently he is not keen to move North though.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 08:58
it seems as if the summer recruitment is going reasonably well, and better than 12 months ago., good news about Banks and Monthe and hoping Ellis can fit in with the defence. Dont know a great deal about Mullin but reports seem to say he is a decent enough player so hoping he can really get scoring for the Rovers. Defo need another striker though and hoping one will soon be on the books as our big summer signing..Have no idea about Jake Caprice, it seems that a lot of the clubs he has been at have released him, so will he be sticking around for long? Micky seems to rate him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2018 09:00 by hong kong rover.

Victor_Meldrew
Victor_Meldrew (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 10:14
Looks like other youth team hopeful Josh Soloman-Davis has turned down a pro contract also. Looked promising too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2018 10:15 by Victor_Meldrew.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 14:31
Should really have given him a one year deal with only the option of another year with Mellon’s recent transfer dealings

pez
pez (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 14:40
I'd rather we signed another left back tbh.

We lost Eddie Clark to Fleetwood and he hasn't been replaced as of yet.

Were a bit thin on the ground in that specific role imo, we have been for a few seasons.

If anything happens to Rides, then we'll get found out pretty quickly without a proper left back at this level.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 17:27
Isn't Manny a full back, and given how one footed he is, I can only assume it's LB rather than RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2018 17:28 by AndyMase.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 18:54
I see that bucko has had an operation today. So another reason for this addition is he may not be fit for the start of the season.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 21:32
The Orient supporters generally see him as poor and the manager seems to have written him out in the last couple of months of the season.The closer you look the odder it seems.Did the two clubs each agree to swop for each other's major misfit? It is hard to see a better explanation,especially I ally as we have Monthe and Sutton that can both cover at right back

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 21:54
People weren't expecting much from Vaughan until they saw him play in a white shirt. Look what happened after that. From what i've seen, he just looks like a younger, quicker version of Lee.

I'd take what Orient fans say with a pinch of salt, some fans (more than others) have a little dig when someone leaves the club.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

29 June, 2018 23:04
Most Orient fans agree he’s good going forward, but suspect defensively. I think he’s a good addition in giving us some zip out wide. Let’s give him a chance

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

30 June, 2018 00:20
Might need time to settle in and get his confidence back but sounds like he has the ingredients to be a useful wing back. Playing alongside Macca should improve his defensive play and playing for Mellon should improve him as a player - did Vaughan the world of good even though Cheltenham fans didn't think of much of him when we signed him.

Apparently Caprice did well for Woking against us in a couple of games before he went to Orient.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

30 June, 2018 13:39
Sounds more to me like our first peculiar signing of the summer.I do not see the comparison with Vaughan who had substantial league experience before he came to us. This is a player who has been very ordinary at conference level.It is the oddness of the signing and the timing that makes me feel it had more to do with finding a way to get rid of Alabi

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

30 June, 2018 14:36
Quote:
DevonExile
I do not see the comparison with Vaughan who had substantial league experience before he came to us.

The only FL experience Vaughan had before he signed for us was from whatever games he played for Cheltenham in 2014/15, the year they went down. The rest of his career was in non-league, mainly Telford and Kiddy (first time round).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2018 14:44 by Aldo'smuzzy.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

30 June, 2018 15:26
When i compare the two (Caprice & Vaughan) it's not based on where and who they played for but more their play style.

They're both good at getting forward but Caprice has more pace about him and from what it seems, a little ropey at worst going back.

If that's all Orient fans can muster, that he's not good at defending at NL/L2 level in the WB role then it's fine by me.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 08:50
Just spoken to my Orient mate .Apparently when they brought in the new director of football he brought his son along with him who plays in Caprices position .Needless to say Caprice was dropped and therefore wasnt to much love lost between him and the club

02 July, 2018 11:04
Quote:
dicko111
Just spoken to my Orient mate .Apparently when they brought in the new director of football he brought his son along with him who plays in Caprices position .Needless to say Caprice was dropped and therefore wasnt to much love lost between him and the club

and there are people here complaining of the manager bringing in his mates!! I will only be worried when Mickey plays his Mum up front and his uncle as goalkeeper. Better the footballers you know and have worked with.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

02 July, 2018 13:37
Depends if his mum could score 30 odd goals .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net