football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

2026 A Trio of Nations
13 June, 2018 11:49
USA, Canada and Mexico to host the 2026 World Cup... What about Trumps Mexican Wall????? With yesterdays historic handshake in Singapore maybe all the Americans will be eating North Korean style cold noodles by then and 2026 will also see the completion of Pyongyangs very own Disneyland..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 12:49 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

Re: 2026 A Trio of Nations
13 June, 2018 11:56
Bit mad that Mexico will have hosted 3 tournaments and the US 2, when there has only been 1 in the UK. I guess cash talks. Does that mean 3 automatic qualifiers that don't have a realistic chance of winning the tournament? I know that the tournament is expanded but that also seems overkill.

spralos baldini
spralos baldini (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 12:36
Two of these haven't even qualified for this tournament but get a bye for the next one! Are all of these countries in the same qualifying area? if so does that exclude any other nation from that area qualifying?

MESSAGES->author

13 June, 2018 12:37
CONCACAF appear to be the new darlings of FIFA. 2026 will see their federation stage the World Cup and it will also be the year that will see 48 teams competing in the tournament with the possibility of up to 7 berths going to CONCACAF nations. 7 berths is ridiculously high when more places could be going to Africa and Asia. Those 2 have constantly complained to FIFA about not getting enough places...ive always considered the Brazilians as FIFAs darlings. they get treated well, always seem to get an easy group at world cup tournaments and their path/route to the latter stages of the competition never appears to be too difficult. At every World Cup there is always a 'group of death' yet you never see the Brazilians in it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 12:39 by hong kong rover.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 13:12
Prefer it there than in places like Russia and Qatar. It's the first one in the future that makes me think I'd be interested in going. But then I remember I can't stand the English football team.

If Eire get there I'll go for the USA game and take Aldridge with me!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 13:18
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Does that mean 3 automatic qualifiers that don't have a realistic chance of winning the tournament? I know that the tournament is expanded but that also seems overkill.

Infantino has said this is yet to be decided and will be discussed in the coming weeks.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 13:27
If a team qualifies in the USA and the next round is in Mexico and Mr.Trump builds a wall .???

MESSAGES->author

13 June, 2018 13:28
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Prefer it there than in places like Russia and Qatar. It's the first one in the future that makes me think I'd be interested in going. But then I remember I can't stand the English football team.
If Eire get there I'll go for the USA game and take Aldridge with me!

still luv Aldo's infamous touchline spat with the officials at World Cup '94. classic lol. Aldo gets quite embarrassed when talking about it lol.

' Hey you , you f*cking d*ckhead.' Aldos tone was something like that if i remember correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 13:38 by hong kong rover.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 13:29
Guess they just fly over it

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 19:05
USA 94 was one of the great world cups

Hagi's Romania, trfc having a player score, the beauty and tradegy of baggio, bergkamps goal and baresi turning out the one of the great defensive performances against bebeto and romario. Dunga turning the cdm role into an art.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 23:22
Quote:
hong kong rover
Hey you , you f*cking d*ckhead.' Aldos tone was something like that if i remember correctly.

He actually called the official a f*ckin' tw*t.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author

14 June, 2018 00:16
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
hong kong rover
Hey you , you f*cking d*ckhead.' Aldos tone was something like that if i remember correctly.

He actually called the official a f*ckin' tw*t.

lol, thks for the correction Matt.

bumhobo33
bumhobo33 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 02:10
60 games in the States, 10 each in Canada and Mexico. As I understand not all 3 qualify automatically. As for Trump, I apologize on behalf of my country...

MESSAGES->author

14 June, 2018 15:21
Quote:
bumhobo33
60 games in the States, 10 each in Canada and Mexico. As I understand not all 3 qualify automatically. As for Trump, I apologize on behalf of my country...

hi bumhobo, I see that there will be 17 venues in the states for 2026 tournament and 3 in Canada and 3 in mexico.

bumhobo33
bumhobo33 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 23:47
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
bumhobo33

hi bumhobo, I see that there will be 17 venues in the states for 2026 tournament and 3 in Canada and 3 in mexico.

Hi hkr. The US will host all games from the quarters on as well. Looks a US tournament with a gimmick thrown in.

ShaunCH45
ShaunCH45 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 08:16
Aldo did have a valid point. Player leaves the pitch yet substitution not allowed. The officials were tolerant as poor Andy Robbo got a straight red for Stockport when he came on as a sub muttering expletives after the liner asked to check his boots.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net