football
Latest News:

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Just supposin'
12 June, 2018 19:07
Just suppose MM has his eyes on another job it may explain the McNulty situation.
Supposedly he's been offered a 12 month deal to stay and play.He's also supposed to have been offered 2 year deals at other clubs but nothing seems to have happened.
Is he hanging on in the hope that if MM goes he might get the job ?
Just supposin'... !!!!!
What would the reaction be if he was appointed ?
Just supposin'.......

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Just supposin'
12 June, 2018 19:12
Probably more like he is considering his life after football in the next decision he makes. Reckon the odds would be pretty small on MM going elsewhere. I certainly wouldn’t want someone with no experience managing us.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 20:09
Doubt it, couldn’t see the Pali taking such a risk with our first year back in league football. Probs just these people are having a holiday and will decide when back.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 21:00
Just supposing it is the holiday period....

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 21:31
Take a look at the supporters club Twitter feed. They had a Q&A tonight with the owners and manager. MM said McNulty is currently on holiday but has verbally agreed a new deal.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 22:02
Why would anyone in their right mind offer mcnulty a mangers job in the football league. Possibly a national league north but nothing more . Would be a massive step back for us in my opinion

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 22:04
Quote:
Tranmere69
Just suppose MM has his eyes on another job it may explain the McNulty situation.
Supposedly he's been offered a 12 month deal to stay and play.He's also supposed to have been offered 2 year deals at other clubs but nothing seems to have happened.
Is he hanging on in the hope that if MM goes he might get the job ?
Just supposin'... !!!!!
What would the reaction be if he was appointed ?
Just supposin'.......

So from that can we assume that MM is staying?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 00:16
Quote:
AndyMase
Why would anyone in their right mind offer mcnulty a mangers job in the football league. Possibly a national league north but nothing more . Would be a massive step back for us in my opinion

Why?

I bet some people said that about Jose Mourinho when he got his first job at a bigger club then Tranmere or Villas Boas when he got his first job with no playing experience to call upon and they did well in more demanding circumstances at bigger high stakes clubs.

Look what Karl Robinson started achieving with MK Dons in a higher league, when he was younger than McNulty is now and had no playing experience in the league at all.

I respectfully feel your comments are a tad unfair to McNulty, because you have no more way of knowing if he would be good bad or indifferent as the likes of I, as only time would tell; however weren't there a few people when Tranmere were still in league 1, putting forward the notion of backing Goodison if he had ever been given the job?

Some managers like Martin O'Neill achieve a lot starting out from modest managerial beginnings, but others do well from big managerial beginnings such as Kenny Dalgleish in his first spell at Liverpool.

Mellon is probably likely to stay, but if someone offered his position to McNulty as player manager, something Dalgleish did amicably at in tougher circumstances, at least the players would know McNulty and he would know the club and that could be a real boon, as he would not need time to settle in, he could try to hit the ground running.

However I still think Mellon will stay, so McNulty is not likely to get offered it anyway.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 00:31
MM isn't going anywhere judging by tonight's Q&A.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 01:07 by Aldo'smuzzy.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 06:34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
MM isn't going anywhere judging by tonight's Q&A.

Really hope so. You only have to look at the Mac town forum to see what not having a manager at this time means.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 06:42
Fair enough Matt, but Murinho before his 1st big appointment, did study sports science, do some coaching jobs and an assistant managers job he didn't go from playing straight into a managers job.

Understand the sentiment of dalglish etc. But I still don't think we should be taking that sort of chance, give him a managers job in the lower leagues and he can come back later. The last thing we need right now is to be taking any more chances than we need to

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net