football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

The Carabao Cup
12 June, 2018 06:21
The draw for the first round takes place this Friday in Vietnam. Is it really necessary to have Steve McManaman, Dennis Wise and Louis Saha fly out over there to take part in the draw? What a waste of money sending them out. If i were asked to name a bunch of overrated ex players then that trio would be high up on my list. I suppose crappy sponsors attracts crappy ex players. Last seasons draw took place in Thailand and was a complete fiasco with some teams being drawn out of the hat twice and confusion over which teams were home and away. ( how the hell can u screw up something as easy as a football cup draw? Have it take place in Asia.) Anyway, i wonder who Rovers will get in the draw? its a good feeling to be back in the EFL Cup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 06:43 by hong kong rover.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

Re: The Carabao Cup
12 June, 2018 06:42
Haha what a motley crew of explayers.

Imagine what their back up list looked like.

Ruel fox, Eddie mcgoldrick and papa bouba diop would give them a run for their money

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 07:24
Tranmere are ball number #34. I wonder if anyone in Vietnam knows who we are?

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 07:32
Given James Norwood didn't know who we were before signing for us, I'd say very few in nam know us

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 08:12
It’s interesting that Norwood had never heard of us, especially as we’ve had Wembley expierences and FA cup runs in his life time, when he was around 7- 16 years old we were pretty famous. Think as a football fan even in school I would of heard of most teams in the football league, even through playing FIFA soccer and football manager computer games you learn then. So I’m assuming hes not a big football fan just enjoys to play rather than to follow.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 08:14 by TranmereFan.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 08:16
Most players aren't fans in the same way as we are. We watch football on a sat. From an early age they are playing football. When they watch football it's likely with a 'what can I learn' mindset rather than a sit back and enjoy mindset.

And maybe they'd rather get away from football in their spare time

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 08:18
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Most players aren't fans in the same way as we are. We watch football on a sat. From an early age they are playing football. When they watch football it's likely with a 'what can I learn' mindset rather than a sit back and enjoy mindset.
And maybe they'd rather get away from football in their spare time

Still, you would of thought you would of heard of us? he must really really not watch football. League cup final? Tranmere v Southampton game? Everton v Tranmere, John Aldridge? pretty high profile coverage we got back then.

MESSAGES->author

12 June, 2018 08:45
Carabao is the name of a Thai sports energy drinks company. Why the need to feel energized by supping a sports drink in Thailand? For most Western blokes visiting the Kingdom, a couple of beers then a stroll down to any of Bangkoks red light areas is enough to raise the spirits and get the old pecker up! just watch out for those katoy's! Too many of them about preying on the unwary farang.. A Katoy is a Ladyboy and a Farang is a foreigner.. An intoxicated Dennis Wise arriving back late to his hotel in Bangkok or Saigon and unaware of the gender of the individual that he pulled in the bar a few hours earlier,, now that would be a laugh to see how the irksome little cockney sh*t would react.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 23:01
I think they are also the shirt sponsors of Reading, so every time Reading sign a new player there's usually a photo of the player sitting at a table with 3-4 cans of Carabao around them.

Such a gratuitous and potentially cheap move by the sponsors (Sm7)

However if it sells them more drinks then I suppose cheap moves then work as a marketing strategy.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 06:23
Quote:
Matt34
I think they are also the shirt sponsors of Reading, so every time Reading sign a new player there's usually a photo of the player sitting at a table with 3-4 cans of Carabao around them.
Such a gratuitous and potentially cheap move by the sponsors (Sm7)

However if it sells them more drinks then I suppose cheap moves then work as a marketing strategy.

Wonder why we aren’t doing that with large bins? 😄

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 11:13
There's a Japanese sports drink in the Far East called Pocari Sweat. I'd love to see that take over and would go to every game if it meant Tranmere could be holders of the Pocari Sweat Cup!

andyc209
andyc209 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 09:52
ha ha Walsall - should have guessed!!!
What reception does Cookie get?

omd white
OMD WHITE (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 10:13
Cook deserves a standing ovation did his job for Tranmere and has moved on let's show him what a mistake he made Mark him out of the game and beat Walsall.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 10:21
Dont forget Ginnelly went there as well

MESSAGES->author

15 June, 2018 10:47
wow! i wonder what cookie makes of that draw?

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 11:30
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Given James Norwood didn't know who we were before signing for us, I'd say very few in nam know us
i think the claim is wrong.It was Cooke that it was supposed to apply to.At the time of signing a posting on the Barrow forum claimed he was none too bright and would neither know where Tranmere was or that they were no longer in the league

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/06/2018 11:34 by DevonExile.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 11:34
Quote:
DevonExile
Quote:
mrGr33n13
i think the claim is wrong.It was Cooke that there was supposed to apply to.At that time a posting on the Barrow forum claimed he was none to bright and would neither know where Tranmere where or that they were no longer in the league

Norwood said it in a filmed interview.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 22:59
Quote:
DevonExile
i think the claim is wrong.It was Cooke that it was supposed to apply to.At the time of signing a posting on the Barrow forum claimed he was none too bright and would neither know where Tranmere was or that they were no longer in the league

Why would "Cook" not know that Tranmere were not in the league before signing for them? He played against Tranmere for Barrow in the NL bot a cup match. So he would have known that the NL was not part of the football league, so if there were people posting that on a Barrow forum, then maybe they were the ones who were not too bright.

Although whether "Cook" was aware of the geographical location of Tranmere is a hypothesis with more legs.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net