football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

A replacement for Andy Cook
07 June, 2018 16:41
Defo think we need to find a striker to replace Cook, but who's out there we could get? AFAIK John Akinde has yet to find a new club since leaving Barnet at the end of the season, would he be worth looking at? he scored a helluva lot of goals at Barnet, close to 90 goals scored during the 4 seasons he was with them. big powerful striker in the same mould as cookie.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

Re: A replacement for Andy Cook
07 June, 2018 17:27
That's a good call, wish club would come out and least say looking at players, hate the silence , I know they prob away on holiday but that doesn't ease the worry .

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 17:31
Quote:
ming05
That's a good call, wish club would come out and least say looking at players, hate the silence , I know they prob away on holiday but that doesn't ease the worry .

I agree ming05

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 19:46
You want the club to come out and provide a statement saying that they're looking for players?

Might just be me but that seems a little weird as all clubs are always on the lookout for players to fill out squads or better their first 11. Why would this summer be any different?

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 19:53
Think it's just you smiling smiley

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 19:59
I'd like the club to provide a daily spreadsheet of who they're scouting so we all know but put a password of tranmere1 so no other clubs can guess it.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 20:05
Quote:
Hardly Irons
I'd like the club to provide a daily spreadsheet of who they're scouting so we all know but put a password of tranmere1 so no other clubs can guess it.

Lol

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 20:11
Quote:
Hardly Irons

Made me laugh this, nice one (Sm1)

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 20:30
Hold on to your seats they’ve made it public, the search is on to replace the Cookie Monster, seems as though the vacancy has been advertised on Twitter...

[mobile.twitter.com]

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 21:29
No one is irreplaceable!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 23:45
The chef's position could be a "juicy" appointment, but it would have to pay enough "dough" so someone could earn a decent "crust" and make enough "bread", but at least the individual would be working for people who don't "cook" the books, so there wouldn't be "egg" on their face after a few months, making them look like a right "lemon", so it won't belong before they are employed and making "bacon", which could be the "icing on the cake".

Will the Palios' interview all applicants on the same day or have many "dates" for interviews and also to comply with equal opportunities policy they must "cater" for most types of people in their "hundreds and thousands"; even people who are "fat".

This sort of position could "spice" things up, but hopefully the Palios' would not "turn up the heat" on applicants and give them a "roasting", or "grill" or "skewer" them too much, as they tried to decide which could "cut" it and be full of "beans" and "zest" for the position and who would "crumble" under pressure and come across as "half baked" and a silly "sausage".

A good appointment though could help "beef" up the staffing rosters, especially if they appointed someone seen as the "creme de la creme" of chefs, but if the chef tried to "milk" the situation and failed to "deliver", then they might be told they had had their "chips", because they thought they could have their "cake" and eat it, meaning their ability to remain in the job had become "toast".

Hopefully the Palios' would not be seen as scary people causing some applicants to "chicken" out of attending and "bottle" it.

I wonder if they will appoint someone called "Olive" and would some applicants be prepared to "knife" other candidates in the back to secure the position?

I'm guessing the Palios' would not "fork" out for applicant's travel costs to interview, but if someone got the job, imagine the stories they could "dine out on" for weeks and how many failed applicants would feel "cheesed" off and believe it was a "rum" do, before being "whisked" off into the corridor on their way home feeling "gutted"?

Hopefully they will all dress smartly and not wear anything that is "orange".

However applicants must remember to be frank in their responses and not "water" down responses, give "fishy" answers, "duck" questions, "carp" on, "gas" too much, "ham" it up, engage in "saucy" chat, or come across as "crabby", as they "perch" on their chair trying not to "burn" bridges with the interviewers, but remember that they "can" do the job and they should not go for the job purely because their mates "egged" them on as it could mean they were not serious.

Also best for applicants not to "cup" their intimate parts during an interview as it could look bad.

Applicants would also need "current" qualifications and experience and "buttering" up the interviewers to try and "sweeten" the deal and "grease" the wheels of progress probably won't help and if they're in a "mix" up about when they're supposed to be there, or get caught in a traffic "jam", they could end up in a "pickle".

They would need to manage tasks adequately and not "spread" themselves thinly and find the position to "hot" to handle and doing some research on the club to glean vital "nuggets" of information could prove useful.

Perhaps in time the relationship between employers and employee would "mushroom".

It could be a "brush" with fate for someone, but any failed applicants must remember not to "stove" an interviewers head in, kick them in the "nuts", or "pepper" them with insults if they don't get the job, as they could end up doing some "porridge" and "stir" and their life will have gone to "pot" and not "pan" out as they'd hoped.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 23:49 by Matt34.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 23:55
Blimey Matt follow that. I was just going to say Lord Norwood and Connor up front with scintillating midfield play to feet would do me but what do I know. smiling smiley

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 10:55
I think they looking for a 'scouse'chef

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 19:14
Quote:
Matt34
The chef's position could be a "juicy" appointment, but it would have to pay enough "dough" so someone could earn a decent "crust" and make enough "bread", but at least the individual would be working for people who don't "cook" the books, so there wouldn't be "egg" on their face after a few months, making them look like a right "lemon", so it won't belong before they are employed and making "bacon", which could be the "icing on the cake".
Will the Palios' interview all applicants on the same day or have many "dates" for interviews and also to comply with equal opportunities policy they must "cater" for most types of people in their "hundreds and thousands"; even people who are "fat".

This sort of position could "spice" things up, but hopefully the Palios' would not "turn up the heat" on applicants and give them a "roasting", or "grill" or "skewer" them too much, as they tried to decide which could "cut" it and be full of "beans" and "zest" for the position and who would "crumble" under pressure and come across as "half baked" and a silly "sausage".

A good appointment though could help "beef" up the staffing rosters, especially if they appointed someone seen as the "creme de la creme" of chefs, but if the chef tried to "milk" the situation and failed to "deliver", then they might be told they had had their "chips", because they thought they could have their "cake" and eat it, meaning their ability to remain in the job had become "toast".

Hopefully the Palios' would not be seen as scary people causing some applicants to "chicken" out of attending and "bottle" it.

I wonder if they will appoint someone called "Olive" and would some applicants be prepared to "knife" other candidates in the back to secure the position?

I'm guessing the Palios' would not "fork" out for applicant's travel costs to interview, but if someone got the job, imagine the stories they could "dine out on" for weeks and how many failed applicants would feel "cheesed" off and believe it was a "rum" do, before being "whisked" off into the corridor on their way home feeling "gutted"?

Hopefully they will all dress smartly and not wear anything that is "orange".

However applicants must remember to be frank in their responses and not "water" down responses, give "fishy" answers, "duck" questions, "carp" on, "gas" too much, "ham" it up, engage in "saucy" chat, or come across as "crabby", as they "perch" on their chair trying not to "burn" bridges with the interviewers, but remember that they "can" do the job and they should not go for the job purely because their mates "egged" them on as it could mean they were not serious.

Also best for applicants not to "cup" their intimate parts during an interview as it could look bad.

Applicants would also need "current" qualifications and experience and "buttering" up the interviewers to try and "sweeten" the deal and "grease" the wheels of progress probably won't help and if they're in a "mix" up about when they're supposed to be there, or get caught in a traffic "jam", they could end up in a "pickle".

They would need to manage tasks adequately and not "spread" themselves thinly and find the position to "hot" to handle and doing some research on the club to glean vital "nuggets" of information could prove useful.

Perhaps in time the relationship between employers and employee would "mushroom".

It could be a "brush" with fate for someone, but any failed applicants must remember not to "stove" an interviewers head in, kick them in the "nuts", or "pepper" them with insults if they don't get the job, as they could end up doing some "porridge" and "stir" and their life will have gone to "pot" and not "pan" out as they'd hoped.

Bloody hell Matt, don't you sleep! smiling smiley
Either that or the"mushroom" or "pot" that you quote come into play! smoking smiley
I admire your committment and creativity (Sm108)

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 23:00
What's sleep?

Sleep is for puss!es (Sm7)

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

09 June, 2018 13:01
We've got to have a target man the way we play no question Norwood Jennings will not work it is in hand I believe to replace Cook.

Chris28SWA
Chris28SWA (IP Logged)

09 June, 2018 14:25
I’m sure somebody on this forum said ‘Alabi’ has been told it’s his time to shine’
I’m now worrying this could be true.

09 June, 2018 16:49
A LIABILITY = anagram of ALABI and....

...er

....ility

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

09 June, 2018 23:34
Larnell Cole might work up front, but a direct replacement for Cook would arguably be ideal.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

10 June, 2018 08:26
I’m sure Micky as a plan, wether that be to utilise players already on our books or bring in new players, he is an experienced successful manager, I’m sure the Palios’ are keen to avoid another relegation it’s their money tied up in the club. The fixtures aren’t out yet and the World Cup hasn’t started. This time next season we shall be regailing our mid table mediocrity.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

10 June, 2018 09:02
So many if's and maybe's right now - it's far too early yet, 'Deals' will be on the table (who knew anything about the events before Cook came to us from Barrow), or perhaps it's Mr Challinor at the helm with one of Fylde's front boys joining too ???? - or is a 'Gorgeous Gus' and a 'Roy of the Rovers' coming out of the comic books (anyone remember the story 'There Once Was A Game called Football' c 1962 issues but set in the future ?..... Let's all take a deep breath and WAIT, I'm sure being patient will have it's rewards. Enjoy the sun and watch that Wembley game again - it really was that good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net