football
Latest News:

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Scumbag B'head boys locked up for tarnishing our name in Chester
05 June, 2018 20:31
[www.liverpoolecho.co.uk]

Notice they didn't try to bash up a pub in Blacon, but chose the night out spot in Northgate Street instead where ther would have been tourists, students and locals trying to enjoy a night out.

We don't want to sink back to the sh1tty and puerile "Awaydays" days, if they ever even existed.

We rose above that as a crowd of travelling fans and no interest in going back.

Good riddance to scumbag sh1te imo.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Scumbag B'head boys locked up for tarnishing our name in Chester
05 June, 2018 20:40
Quote:
Yiggsy
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gang-tranmere-rovers-fans-jailed-14747643
Notice they didn't try to bash up a pub in Blacon, but chose the night out spot in Northgate Street instead where ther would have been tourists, students and locals trying to enjoy a night out.

We don't want to sink back to the sh1tty and puerile "Awaydays" days, if they ever even existed.

Wouldn’t believe all you read in the press. What facts other than you read in the press do you have. Unless you know all the facts, what right do you have to call them scumbag shite unless you know things we don’t. You must have been waiting for a chance to start fan bashing again. Didn’t it start on the cole Stockton thread. You are not doing anyone any favours posting this.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 20:43
sentencing for football fans is way out of whack.

jailed for being threatening? damage to property?

dawn raids?

proper waste of time, and simply the police and justice system picking soft targets to make themselves feel important.

i bet they had full riot gear on to pull some overweight dad out of bed in the early hours simply because he threw an ashtray at a pub window.

lol.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 20:55
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Yiggsy
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gang-tranmere-rovers-fans-jailed-14747643

Wouldn’t believe all you read in the press. What facts other than you read in the press do you have. Unless you know all the facts, what right do you have to call them scumbag shite unless you know things we don’t. You must have been waiting for a chance to start fan bashing again. Didn’t it start on the cole Stockton thread. You are not doing anyone any favours posting this.

So you are happy for people affiliating themselves to our club to throw chairs at the windows of a Chester tourist area pub?

I didn't report it. it went through the courts and the scumbags got jailed and sullied our name.

I haven't got all the facts but neither do you.

the judge did and he sent them down for what they did.

What was your point?

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 21:01
That is not acceptable behaviour any where

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 21:06
the point is only football fans get sent down for throwing things at pub windows.

they weren't even at the game.

decent bunch of lads in my book. who knows what the provocation was.

full riot gear at dawn white-knighting heroics from the police. bravely tackling an average middle-aged bloke from his bed for the heinous crime of throwing an ashtray on the same day as a football game took place.

3-2-1 POLICE POLICE, STAY DOWN. PUT THOSE SLIPPERS DOWN NOW, STEP AWAY FROM THE DRESSING GOWN, I REPEAT STEP AWAY FROM THE DRESSING GOWN.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 21:10
On what planet is throwing an ash tray ok. If it or splinters from the window hit an eye that eye is left blind

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 21:14
Is it 18months in prison bad?

If the same people had thrown the same ashtray on a non match day then there's zero chance they do any bird

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 21:27
In my book they’re not Tranmere fans especially considering they weren’t even in attendance of the game...

The title should just read ‘Idiots on annual day out cause a stir’

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 21:37
To all who have posted above i would just like to say that I know Northgate Street because i volunteer there for a charity.

It is a tourist spot with the Cathedral on one side, lovely restaurants.independent shops and pubs on both sides and the big library there.

Any aggressive behaviour is abhorrent, especially if it tries to affiliate itself wioutside a boozer th the name of TRFC. If they want to be big boys causing trouble they should try that down in Blacon and see what happens.

They picked an easy target because they were cowards an got tried with all the facts and they got sent down. Good riddance imo.

i have travelled away with the SWA on many occasions. I hate those who come along and use the fact that they are in a big crowd to start something and hide in the crowd.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 21:41
I am absolutely amazed and disgusted that anyone can condone this sought of behaviour which, according to the CCTV evidence alone, is a bit more than throwing an ash tray.

Reading both reports they were charged with affray not causing criminal damage, hence the severity of the sentence.

mrGr33n13, do you know them personally, as you state "decent bunch of lads in my book"

I would doubt anyone shares that viewpoint.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 21:43
The pub in question is a known 'chester pub" not condoning bad behaviour but unfortunately provocation was the start of trouble.wasn't it a nite match correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't be tourists around there

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 22:10
Annoying that they didn’t even go the game, but all been painted with the Tranmere supporter football thug brush?... so if a random group of lads happen to have a night out in Liverpool and have a fight, there’s a 80% chance they will all support Liverpool, yet you don’t read LFC fans had a fight do you??

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 22:35
exactly and they wouldn't be getting charged with affray and have glory-hole two bit bobbies knocking down doors and raiding blokes as though they were a part of a hardened criminal gang.

unless they were footy fans.

we get a raw deal, and this is an example of that.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 22:41
Echo tarnishing the club's good name. These people are not fans just hooligans looking for trouble.If they didn't go to the match how can they be described as Tranmere fans. If the Sun can be banned from the region then why not ban the Echo on Wirral ?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 22:57
They can be described as Tranmere fans, because if you read a report in the Chester Chronicle, they were targeted in a 5 month operation and outed as so-called Tranmere fans by a police Superintendant of Merseyside Police, who was cooperating with Cheshire police on the joint operation.

I would hazard a guess that Merseyside police offers are shrewd enough, that over a 5 month period they could find out if these thuggish types supported Tranmere Rovers or not.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 23:09
What Tranmere fan would go to Chester but not bother going to the match ?
Answer Hooligans!!!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 23:10
And a player gets hit with a bottle in front of a tv audience by someone who can be clearly identified . . . . . . ..I know there's a different thread but I did expect action

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 23:12
let's just agree that high jinks is a part of football culture.

have a few bevvies, sing a few songs and a bit of a skirmish with like minded people.

dawn raids for something if it happened away from a football match wouldnt even make the wirral globe [last night youths threw an ashtray in a pub and acted aggressively]

joke

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 23:16
Quote:
TranmereFan
Annoying that they didn’t even go the game, but all been painted with the Tranmere supporter football thug brush?... so if a random group of lads happen to have a night out in Liverpool and have a fight, there’s a 80% chance they will all support Liverpool, yet you don’t read LFC fans had a fight do you??

80%? How do you work that out?

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 23:23
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
TranmereFan

Pretty much a guestimation but probably pretty accurate.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 23:38
Quote:
mrGr33n13
have a few bevvies, sing a few songs and a bit of a skirmish with like minded people.

dawn raids for something if it happened away from a football match wouldnt even make the wirral globe [last night youths threw an ashtray in a pub and acted aggressively]

joke

I agree with the top line, the reason there were dawn raids wasn't because they were football fans as it says that they didn't even go the game so were hardly fans of anyone on that day.
Just a group of lads out on the lash who had one too many shandies and obviously couldn't handle the excitement.

And some say the judicial system doesn't work...

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 00:15
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
TranmereFan

Pretty much a guestimation but probably pretty accurate.

I very much doubt it.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 09:45
Quote:
mrGr33n13

joke

“A bit of a skirmish “ Nah mate, you’re on a different wavelength to me. Exactly the thing that needs to be stamped out.

A bit of a skirmish can lead to much worse. You just need to pick the local paper to see that

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 10:03
What amazes me is that some where aged 30/40+ Not young lads who you would normally see lnvolved .its not high jinks at all or having a Laugh it’s intimidation and looking to provoke a fight were some one could get hurt maybe by a thrown glass . These were not guys who fancied a fight on a whim .they went looking for trouble the police had already targeted them and knew all about them .they got exactly what they deserved for once well done the police

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 13:44
Quote:
jonesy792
Quote:
mrGr33n13

joke

“A bit of a skirmish “ Nah mate, you’re on a different wavelength to me. Exactly the thing that needs to be stamped out.

A bit of a skirmish can lead to much worse. You just need to pick the local paper to see that

+100

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 14:06
It's no secret there's been a crackdown on such behaviour associated with Tranmere. Some will say it's a bit of a witch hunt, some will say it's good policing.
This story did originally say there was no damage to the pub and by the time the 5 month investigation was complete this had turned into 1000s.

The problem these lads seem to have had is the judge has accepted they headed into Chester to intentionally cause trouble and that's were the sentencing starts getting heavier

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 17:05
Five months joint investigation and dawn raids to deal with some drunken aggression from a group of normal lads. Nothing that doesn't happen every night up and down the country.

Only when it's on a match day does it become an event worthy of anti terror style policing.

What a carry on by the police.

Embarrassing

EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 20:59
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
What amazes me is that some where aged 30/40+ Not young lads who you would normally see lnvolved .its not high jinks at all or having a Laugh it’s intimidation and looking to provoke a fight were some one could get hurt maybe by a thrown glass . These were not guys who fancied a fight on a whim .they went looking for trouble the police had already targeted them and knew all about them .they got exactly what they deserved for once well done the police

Don't always agree with your points of view 50, but in this case, you are spot on. There are 3 relevant words in this subject title. Scumbags locked up. Good! And yes, well done the Police.

Every ball's a white ball

Dupak
Dupak (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 09:48
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Five months joint investigation and dawn raids to deal with some drunken aggression from a group of normal lads. Nothing that doesn't happen every night up and down the country.
Only when it's on a match day does it become an event worthy of anti terror style policing.

What a carry on by the police.

Embarrassing

I find it slightly concerning that you use the word "normal" to describe these lads, as though drunken aggression was perfectly acceptable. If it is, then is it ok for them to be aggressive to anyone, the elderly, young mums, young children, the disabled. If not, then who can they be aggressive to (without any provocation) and for you to consider them still to be normal? Also, when should the police investigate? They don't make the laws, they just try to uphold them in ever more difficult circumstances. If a pack of "normal" lads go around feeling they are free to be aggressive (read bully) to whoever they like, do you not think there is even the remotest of chances that they will then decide they can "up the ante" and start mugging people, burgling property or even knifing someone they don't like? Let's face it, this seems a regular pastime of some lads these days as well. Maybe you think the police shouldn't get involved then as well.

This brings me round to my question earlier: what do you think is the lowest level of crime the police should get involved in and when should they not bother?

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 10:54
Do you think that there should be joint force investigations, dawn raids, charges of affray and custodial sentences everytime lads act aggressively.

When police have finite resources, and prisons finite space priorities need to be made.

They only did this as the lads were footy fans. We get treatment that would be seen as disproportionate otherwise

So let me turn your question on its head. What other crimes should be deprioritised so that you can have 2 police forces coordinating investigations against lads throwing ashtrays and being aggressive?

And yes, I do think aggression is a normal form of male expression. Especially when lads get drunk in groups

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 11:00 by mrGr33n13.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 12:01
So it’s a normal form of aggression to punch someone for nothing ,tell that to a mans wife / mother who gets punched .head hits kerb or whatever and he died just because some idiot thinks it’s ok to punch him ..the police knew these guys ,it was the Merseyside police who identified them because they were being watched after similar attacks and the CCTV pictures gave them away .if you look at there photographs they look a scary bunch ,faces only a mother could love ,no sorry if you do the crime ,do the time .at their age they should know better

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 12:42
If you had to guess how many men have thrown a punch in their lifetime what would be your guess? 90% would be mine.

It's not right, but it is normal.

Most men have been in a fight or thrown a punch.

Here no one threw any punches at anyone.

They were being aggressive. That's even more common than throwing punches. It's normal in men. Especially when drunk.

Again if you want to start investigating and prosecuting all male aggression then what other crimes would you ignore?

If they weren't footy fans no one would be assed. Lads being aggressive and drunk isn't worthy of bird. It's something 90% of men have done at some point.

Complete masochism on here. Footy fans asking to be treated worse by the state than none footy fans

What a load of pony, lol

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 12:53
Doubt you'll find much sympathy anywhere for these toe rags. That's what's normal.

Dupak
Dupak (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 13:16
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Doubt you'll find much sympathy anywhere for these toe rags. That's what's normal.

+1

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

07 June, 2018 13:39
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

I do actually have a tiny spot of sympathy for those who use aggression as a form of expression, it just clarifies their inability to process a situation and go for the first thing that comes into their head.

Brain cells lives matter!

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net