football
Latest News:
 

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 18:49
Reports in Scotland say he's been in talks: [stv.tv]

If he's out of contract you can't blame him for looking at it. Just hope he decides we're a better bet.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 18:57 by Aldo'smuzzy.

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 19:29
Well SPL and a massive step up if true. Good luck. Sorry to see you go

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 19:32
Disaster if it’s true and happens, last thin*we need is to be looking for a manager now, MM is proven at this level, constant manager changes was one of the factors in our downfall. Although accordin* to this he isn’t shortlisted.

[www.belfastlive.co.uk]



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 20:02 by Higgosboots.

 
MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 19:50
Hmmmm. Patrick Kluivert also in the mix for St. Mirren.

tbf have always had a soft spot for the Paisley boys having watched them play at Ibrox in the 70s.

I don't know what can be achieved there considering the make-up of the SPL. Virtually no chance of anything worthwhile for the "make up the numbers" clubs and they don't get as many fans as we do unless the big 4 come to visit or local rivals like Motherwell and Kilmarnock.

Micky... if you can retire on what they might be offering then good luck to you but you have created something here at TRFC so please don't walk away from a work in progress.

 
trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 20:58
Clubs will always want managers who get success, if true, no harm to be a contender, weigh up options, Rovers better option....

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 21:04
Say it ain’t so Jock.

 
Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 21:10
Quote:
trfc-boi
Clubs will always want managers who get success, if true, no harm to be a contender, weigh up options, Rovers better option....

Agreed..But according to reports in the Press ..Mellon traveled up to St Mirren for talks about the position..Would he have done that if he wanted to stay with us ..Looks as though he is unlikely to get the the job but it is a good indicator that he wants out ..??

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 21:14
Quote:
Johnos Hackers
Quote:
trfc-boi
Clubs will always want managers who get success, if true, no harm to be a contender, weigh up options, Rovers better option....

Agreed..But according to reports in the Press ..Mellon traveled up to St Mirren for talks about the position..Would he have done that if he wanted to stay with us ..Looks as though he is unlikely to get the the job but it is a good indicator that he wants out ..??

If you ask me, it’s evident we only have a kitty full of peanuts. We’ve lost Cook and Clarke and probs Ginnelly to the promise of more peanuts and looks like Mellon is likely wanting more too. I guess we need to stay within our budget to survive so that’s just that.

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 22:02
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Johnos Hackers
Quote:
trfc-boi
Clubs will always want managers who get success, if true, no harm to be a contender, weigh up options, Rovers better option....

Agreed..But according to reports in the Press ..Mellon traveled up to St Mirren for talks about the position..Would he have done that if he wanted to stay with us ..Looks as though he is unlikely to get the the job but it is a good indicator that he wants out ..??

If you ask me, it’s evident we only have a kitty full of peanuts. We’ve lost Cook and Clarke and probs Ginnelly to the promise of more peanuts and looks like
Mellon is likely wanting more too. I guess we need to stay within our budget to survive so that’s just that.

Tell you what. watch I posted re Palios. Anyone who has a clue about running a business will understand the realities. At the moment, all I see are gossip threads. Let us see what happens.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 22:13
Quote:
Johnos Hackers
Quote:
trfc-boi
Clubs will always want managers who get success, if true, no harm to be a contender, weigh up options, Rovers better option....

Agreed..But according to reports in the Press ..Mellon traveled up to St Mirren for talks about the position..Would he have done that if he wanted to stay with us ..Looks as though he is unlikely to get the the job but it is a good indicator that he wants out ..??

How many ''reports in the Press'' are remotely true?

It's not a ''good indicator that he wants out'' at all.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 22:14
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Johnos Hackers
Quote:
trfc-boi
Clubs will always want managers who get success, if true, no harm to be a contender, weigh up options, Rovers better option....

Agreed..But according to reports in the Press ..Mellon traveled up to St Mirren for talks about the position..Would he have done that if he wanted to stay with us ..Looks as though he is unlikely to get the the job but it is a good indicator that he wants out ..??

If you ask me, it’s evident we only have a kitty full of peanuts. We’ve lost Cook and Clarke and probs Ginnelly to the promise of more peanuts and looks like Mellon is likely wanting more too. I guess we need to stay within our budget to survive so that’s just that.

Cook and Clarke were out of contract. Ginnelly is from Coventry which is not far from Walsall.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 22:27
Yes the whole thing smacks of lack of money to get a decent squad together .early days I know but the signs don’t look good .i was hoping we would keep the best players with 3/4 decent signings but it’s not happening .i have not always been a fan of MM and still think the way he was treated led to Cook Leaving and possibly Clark who obviously wanted to do more than sit on the sidelines .i was thinking that Mellon was starting to get to grips with the job in hand and now maybe he is off .so what about the Exeter manager .just left after 12years or Ebbsfleet boss as long as we don’t go for the usual no hopers ,the decent available players are getting snapped up .so if MM is Leaving who will do the signings it could be a while before we get a new manager if indeed we need one .i thought MM would have signed by now if he was sure of staying ,all conjecture but interesting days ahead

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 22:34
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
all conjecture but interesting days ahead

I think you meant months smiling smiley

There isn't much activity going on at many clubs, let them have a holiday for a few weeks as everyone at the club deserves it and we'll see what happens when pre-season actually starts...

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 22:46
It's been quite a while since we've had a manager and players who are coveted by clubs at a higher level - we must be doing something right.

Don't think you can slate Mellon or Tranmere for his interest in talking to his home town club, who I see are preparing for a season back in the top flight. And I agree with Hoots that it's not, in itself, an indicator he wants out. I doubt very much he's looking to leave but, when these kind of opportunities come around, it's an itch that needs scratching. Far better for MM and for us that he scratches that itch by at least having a chat with St Mirren, then everyone can move forward with no regrets either way,

If the shortlist posted earlier is correct then I wouldn't be surprised if MM signed another contract with us soon, probably this week.

As a side note, wonder if this is linked with the lack of news about McNulty's future?

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 23:10
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
As a side note, wonder if this is linked with the lack of news about McNulty's future?

Are you suggesting McNulty might re-sign if Mellon stays, as for family reasons I doubt McNulty would go to St Mirren and I doubt they would look at him.

This at the moment sounds like a bit of conjecture from some press boys, but it might have a whiff of truth about it, but personally, apart from a half decent shout of some European football 12 months from now, Mellon is at a club with a better stadium, possibly better training facilities and the long-term possibility of a championship club in 5 years perhaps.

They inevitably however will have more money because the SPL has exceed the championship in the past for TV monies, but I feel he'd be better staying where he is.

Why upset the balance right now, when things are going well?



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
05 June, 2018 23:39
Wondered whether McNulty might be a possible replacement if MM left. Or might just be waiting to see if MM stays before committing himself to us for next season. Just idle speculation really, the guy might be on a beach somewhere for all I know.

 
ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 06:46
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Yes the whole thing smacks of lack of money to get a decent squad together .early days I know but the signs don’t look good .i was hoping we would keep the best players with 3/4 decent signings but it’s not happening .i have not always been a fan of MM and still think the way he was treated led to Cook Leaving and possibly Clark who obviously wanted to do more than sit on the sidelines .i was thinking that Mellon was starting to get to grips with the job in hand and now maybe he is off .so what about the Exeter manager .just left after 12years or Ebbsfleet boss as long as we don’t go for the usual no hopers ,the decent available players are getting snapped up .so if MM is Leaving who will do the signings it could be a while before we get a new manager if indeed we need one .i thought MM would have signed by now if he was sure of staying ,all conjecture but interesting days ahead
If MM were to go I never having been his greatest fan either as also think his handling of Cookie and Clarke was poor and so was his recruitment last season and so would not be devastated. I would however be very concerned we would then be potentially in limbo whilst we recruit another manager and so lose out on new signings.

 
MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 07:27
Now 2nd favourite behind Oran Kearney.
If this happens you can't dress it up, an absolute mess and the worst start to our return to league football.
That's being said the club is still in a much better place than it was a few years back and in a good position to move on quickly.

 
MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 08:39
I don't think you can read too much into this. A successful manager (3 promotions on his CV now) will always be mentioned when opportunities like this come up. It's his home town club, they are top flight. It is easy to see why he would be interested.

 
Steve-Coll
Steve-Coll (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 08:45
If it’s going to happen hopefully it’ll be done soon as ideally we’ll want a replacment in before the players are back in pre season training.

 
jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 08:55
Wow didn’t see this coming. Would be very concerning to see him go as he’s got the wind in our sails now and should easily consolidate our position in League 2 next season

But good luck to him. A great opportunity with stiff competition.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 09:19
Just checked the list of candidates for the St Mirren job ,some serious contenders .the club have said it will be done and dusted this week .we will soon know

 
EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 09:48
Now the favourite with Sky Bet 😱



Every ball's a white ball

 
dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 09:49
Now installed as 3/1 fav for the job on Skybet

 
dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 09:50
You beat me to it EBAWB

 
stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 09:56
Micky is 46, ambitious, and like everyone else wants the best for himself and his family.
Don't think the fact that its his hometown club will have an influence as if he went there he would have to move from Blackpool, or commute.
Can't see St Mirren offering much more money as financially they can't be much better off than us, gates less than ours, they may though offer him a longer contract than us.
Managing in the Scottish Prem is clearly a higher profile than League 2, good for his CV if he does well, on the other hand if he does well with us better teams with deeper pockets will be knocking on his door.
Would like Micky to stay just to see how we progress in league 2, but I don't think he will be too pleased with losing Cook and Clarke, and maybe the money isn't there to get some of the targets he would like to bring to PP.
If Micky goes elsewhere good luck to him and thank you for the last 18 months, there will be a queue of candidates to take over the reins at PP but like others have suggested sooner rather than later.

 
Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 09:57
Let’s hope if he goes he doesn’t take Norwood with him ..

 
dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 10:26
I was just thinking that myself but is Norwood as good for the SPL

 
Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 11:11
Just taken from St Mirren fans forum ..Interesting reading ..Not one positive post about him ..


Alan Stubbs and Gary Caldwell interviewed yesterday. Oran Kearney and Jim McIntyre interviewed today and one of those four will be appointed by the end of the week according to an ITK’er friend of mine.


So looks like Micky is out of the running..🤞🤞



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 11:12 by Johnos Hackers.

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 12:07
sorry, but even if he doesn't go there, Im sure he will go elsewhere. his intent now appears to be shown. We have no idea what his relationship with MP is, but reading between the lines it wouldn't appear that strong. There hasn't been any talk of new contracts. what Rob Edwards upto?

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 12:14
Jesus ,what next, mentioned of Ronnie Moore?

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 12:19
Quote:
aktrfc
sorry, but even if he doesn't go there, Im sure he will go elsewhere. his intent now appears to be shown. We have no idea what his relationship with MP is, but reading between the lines it wouldn't appear s that strong. There hasn't been any talk of new contracts. what Rob Edwards upto?

We have no idea of a lot of things so I don't see how you can make any of your deductions about what he may think and his relationship with the chairman.

 
MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 12:27
Quote:
aktrfc
sorry, but even if he doesn't go there, Im sure he will go elsewhere. his intent now appears to be shown. We have no idea what his relationship with MP is, but reading between the lines it wouldn't appear that strong. There hasn't been any talk of new contracts. what Rob Edwards upto?
How the hell do you draw that conclusion? I take if you were offered a higher profile job with, presumably, more money in a different part of the country you wouldn't even talk to them and consider it? Especially if your existing job was for a specific length that is coming to an end and you have achieved your primary objective in that role. I sure as hell would, even if I had a sentimental attachment to my current role and didn't really think I would get the other one. It wouldn't mean I was definitely looking to move on though.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 12:35
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
aktrfc
sorry, but even if he doesn't go there, Im sure he will go elsewhere. his intent now appears to be shown. We have no idea what his relationship with MP is, but reading between the lines it wouldn't appear that strong. There hasn't been any talk of new contracts. what Rob Edwards upto?
How the hell do you draw that conclusion? I take if you were offered a higher profile job with, presumably, more money in a different part of the country you wouldn't even talk to them and consider it? Especially if your existing job was for a specific length that is coming to an end and you have achieved your primary objective in that role. I sure as hell would, even if I had a sentimental attachment to my current role and didn't really think I would get the other one. It wouldn't mean I was definitely looking to move on though.

+1

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 12:37
It could be as there all on holiday so not able to discuss contracts?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 12:38 by TranmereFan.

 
MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 12:38
Without facts any talk of tbe relationship between manager and owners is pure speculation.
We don't know who approached who, was it an interview ?, was he merely on a shortlist and invited to go for talks ? Or did he contact st Mirren and inform them he's interested.
If it was the latter I'd start drawing up our own shortlist irrespective of him getting the job or not



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 00:29 by 2 the moon.

 
MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 12:43
Quote:
2 the moon
Without facts any talk of tbe relationship between manager and owners is pure speculation.
We don't know who aporoached who, was it an interview ?, was he merely on a shortlist and invited to go for talks ? Or did he contact st Mirren and inform them he's interested.
If it was the latter I'd start drawing up our own shortlist introspective of him getting the job or not

In the current managerial climate, where five years at one club represents an extremely long tenure, I'd rather hope we were constantly updating a shortlist of prospective candidates for just such an eventuality.

 
jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 12:58
Quote:
aktrfc
sorry, but even if he doesn't go there, Im sure he will go elsewhere. his intent now appears to be shown. We have no idea what his relationship with MP is, but reading between the lines it wouldn't appear that strong. There hasn't been any talk of new contracts. what Rob Edwards upto?

Sorry, this is a ridiculous post

 
MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 13:13
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
2 the moon
Without facts any talk of tbe relationship between manager and owners is pure speculation.
We don't know who aporoached who, was it an interview ?, was he merely on a shortlist and invited to go for talks ? Or did he contact st Mirren and inform them he's interested.
If it was the latter I'd start drawing up our own shortlist introspective of him getting the job or not

In the current managerial climate, where five years at one club represents an extremely long tenure, I'd rather hope we were constantly updating a shortlist of prospective candidates for just such an eventuality.
Absolutely. I just think if he's actively pursued the job we may be better looking elswhere. There's every chance the successful candidate could be out by xmas in the current climate and that would mean Mellon would be back in the frame for a job he's chasing.

 
nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 13:25
Well since getting promoted back into League things aren't panning out as I hoped.

We've lost our "Player Of Season" and "Young Player Of Season" plus the manager has been interviewed for at least one other job elsewhere. Even if he doesn't get it he has shown that he's willing to leave Tranmere if desirable opportunities arise. That may make it difficult for squad to take him seriously next season if he asks for passion and commitment for the club.

Also, how committed will be to getting new players in if he's potentially keeping an eye out for openings at other clubs.

If he goes, he needs to go ASAP and new manager installed quickly so he can get his preferred new players in.

Oh, and message to Nors. It's bloody cold in St Mirren.

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 13:44
There have been no reports that MM has approached or been interviewed by any club. He has apparently held talks with St Mirren, at whose behest we don't know, but that's all.

He is out of contract and is perfectly entitled to explore whatever avenues he feels are necessary before committing himself to a new contract. It's normal.

There's no reason at all that I can see to question his professionalism or his commitment to Tranmere and, if he signs a new deal with us, there's no reason to doubt he'd honour it in full.

Incidentally, St Mirren's chairman was on Sky earlier being asked about the likes of Kluivert, Guti and so on who've been linked with the job. He didn't comment directly on them but did say that an in-depth knowledge of Scottish football would be needed for the job. That in itself tends to lend some credibility to the apparent shortlist of four, on which MM's name doesn't appear.

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 14:17
Crikey. I have heard of rats deserting a sinking ship but not deserting a resurfacing submarine....

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 14:18
Quote:
853OKG
Crikey. I have heard of rats deserting a sinking ship but not deserting a resurfacing submarine....

lol

 
ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 14:29
Are we sure MM has definitively been offered a new contract? We may all assume he has but surely there would be some time frame attached to it?

 
Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 14:33
I must admit, I thought he was under contract to the end of June 2018?

As suggested, you would have thought at least an offer would have been tabled to prompt discussions?

We are all assuming MM want's to stay.

 
AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 17:09
Maybe he went to talk to some mirren players who won't be needed in the SPL. Or possibly he just visited friends and family from his home city

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 17:17
Barnsley were checking him out just before final ,but have gone for some one else .if he goes we won’t be short of candidates .Life goes on

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 17:46
Jesus Operation Melt Down or what. I would think if Micky had rejected a contract at PP that would have been made public by now. Managers are approached or linked with jobs all the time, I would suggest there has been some kind of approach as no one has denied it however this only seems to have legs on here. The fact he has commented on all our signings for the next year and Contract extensions, as a player I would never sign for a club at our level who had no manger. For anyone who questions his commitment to the club just put you tube on and watch his reaction to the final whistle, and says it all to me.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 17:58
Quote:
NickNotTheGreek
Well since getting promoted back into League things aren't panning out as I hoped.
We've lost our "Player Of Season" and "Young Player Of Season" plus the manager has been interviewed for at least one other job elsewhere. Even if he doesn't get it he has shown that he's willing to leave Tranmere if desirable opportunities arise. That may make it difficult for squad to take him seriously next season if he asks for passion and commitment for the club.

Also, how committed will be to getting new players in if he's potentially keeping an eye out for openings at other clubs.

If he goes, he needs to go ASAP and new manager installed quickly so he can get his preferred new players in.

Oh, and message to Nors. It's bloody cold in St Mirren.

Oh ye of little faith. The two players were out of contract and always almost certain to go. We don't know whether he's been interviewed or just had a casual chat.

He's allowed to progress himself in life like the rest of us-doesn't mean he doesn't remain as committed to his current job-that's a slur on his professionalism and dedication

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 18:00
Even it his contract runs to end of June then, to all intents and purposes, he's still essentially a free agent, though any talks would have presumably taken place only with the club's blessing.

Anyway, one of the local press men tweeted that they've "heard from a close source that it is unlikely that Tranmere Rovers manager Micky Mellon will leave the club for the @saintmirrenfc managerial job. Leaving Alan Stubbs favourite for the vacant post."

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 18:01
Quote:
Higgosboots
Jesus Operation Melt Down or what. I would think if Micky had rejected a contract at PP that would have been made public by now. Managers are approached or linked with jobs all the time, I would suggest there has been some kind of approach as no one has denied it however this only seems to have legs on here. The fact he has commented on all our signings for the next year and Contract extensions, as a player I would never sign for a club at our level who had no manger. For anyone who questions his commitment to the club just put you tube on and watch his reaction to the final whistle, and says it all to me.


+1

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 18:09
+1 higgo and hoots . . . .mad this forum sometimes

 
jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 18:28
These are the betting Odds for Micky Mellon to be the next St Mirren manager

[www.oddschecker.com]

 
tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 19:02
Maybe he has been in Scotland arranging the details of the friendly and training camp



Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

 
Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 20:54
Lots of rumour and speculation.
I don't want MM to leave, it is a rare manager who has won promotion with Tranmere, but if he does....he does. One way or another we will have a manager next season IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE! To quote MP, it doesn't matter what happens to you in life, it is how you react to it.

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 20:59
Oddly several days ago on the Askey thread I raised the fact that we have heard nothing about MM contract and that from his position,as with Askey this was a prime time to move.
The same post observed that on the assumption that MM was staying then we had the advantage over those clubs in D2 that have to appoint a new manager.
Whilst I agree with generality of 50 Years post the fact is that promotion means we have a major squad restructuring and that needs speedy cecisions to acquire the best available.
If MM is going we have a major logistical problem.
Without a manager we are going to be becalmed. It is then catch 22 do you appoint rapidly going for quickly available rather than long term best.
Hopefully MM is staying but the absence of a contract agreement and our relatively slow response to covering key losses suggests it could be true,
If true then it feels as if we have been caught flat footed to be in this situation

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 21:05
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Yes the whole thing smacks of lack of money to get a decent squad together .early days I know but the signs don’t look good .i was hoping we would keep the best players with 3/4 decent signings but it’s not happening .i have not always been a fan of MM and still think the way he was treated led to Cook Leaving and possibly Clark who obviously wanted to do more than sit on the sidelines .i was thinking that Mellon was starting to get to grips with the job in hand and now maybe he is off .so what about the Exeter manager .just left after 12years or Ebbsfleet boss as long as we don’t go for the usual no hopers ,the decent available players are getting snapped up .so if MM is Leaving who will do the signings it could be a while before we get a new manager if indeed we need one .i thought MM would have signed by now if he was sure of staying ,all conjecture but interesting days ahead
Tisdale is supposed to be on his way to MK Dons.
If we really need a new manager and we lack funds then Coleman and Bentley have shown that they can manage on next to nothing

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 21:26
It’s like musical chairs without the music 😀

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 22:04
Everyone’s on holiday, give it a week or so😃

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
06 June, 2018 22:28
Quote:
Loyden1
+1 higgo and hoots . . . .mad this forum sometimes

And it keeps on getting madder since your post!!

 
prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 11:27
Keith Curle would be available.

 
borowhite
borowhite (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 15:21
Looking like Alan Stubbs based on the way his price has come in so quickly today

 
dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 15:26
Yep .Stubbs is 1/10 on and MM gone out to 8/1

 
Brenk
Brenk (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 16:26
Alan Stubbs got the job according to the Glasgow Evening Times.

 
Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 19:50

 
Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 19:58
MM needs to come out now and formally commit to Tranmere ..If he is out of contract he needs to sign a new one..If still in contract..extend it .As a club we need to know we’re we stand ..



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 19:59 by Johnos Hackers.

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 20:10
The people behind the scenes will know exactly what is going on.

That alone should be enough for people to be content with.

 
Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 20:38
Quote:
rossb07
The people behind the scenes will know exactly what is going on.
That alone should be enough for people to be content with.

You have spoken to Mark Palios then ..If so what did he say ??

 
ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 20:39
It's Alan Stubbs

 
CosterD
CosterD (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 22:00
Yes - both the Daily Record and the Scottish Sun confirm Alan Stubbs will be appointed Manager within the next 48 hours. A more sensible move for them. Can we relax now?

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 22:39
Quote:
Johnos Hackers
Quote:
rossb07
The people behind the scenes will know exactly what is going on.
That alone should be enough for people to be content with.

You have spoken to Mark Palios then ..If so what did he say ??

What has me stating that the people who's job it is to do those jobs got to do with talking to MP?

I'm seeing panic stations 3 weeks after a season is over with a lot of things still to happen and change.

We've just had an amazing end to the past season and all i'm seeing is 'we're doomed now we're in the FL'. Did someone say silly season...

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
07 June, 2018 22:52
Quote:
CosterD
Can we relax now?

If Mellon signs a new deal, because until he does some people will still be worried he will run off to another club, at the first whiff of 20% more salary and another £100,000 a season for wages.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
08 June, 2018 00:33
Assuming there is a contract still to sign...
I doubt MP has been doing nothing during this time....

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
08 June, 2018 07:35
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Managers, managers everywhere but not a Mellon in sight at St Mirren

 
chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
08 June, 2018 11:00
I think MM is staying as we have alrteady signed some players if there was any doubt that he was staying I don't think that would be happening. Relax have a good summer.

 
Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
08 June, 2018 12:22
Don't forget that the summer is always the silly season for news. The media will speculate again and again to retain readers. Agents will drop rumours all over the place thinking it will strengthen their bargaining position? An agent will be on a percentage of whatever new contract is signed. I think we should just wait on and trust.

 
dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
08 June, 2018 12:30
Sky Sports confirm Mr. Stubbs as manager

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
08 June, 2018 21:50
I think Micky might not have gotten it, because he said if he signed they would have to change the name of the club to St Mellon and they didn't like that.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
09 June, 2018 07:49
Surely Matt he is known as ST Mellon at Tranmere .perhaps a Yeats type day .Mellon day doesn’t have the same ring to it somehow

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
09 June, 2018 13:51
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Surely Matt he is known as ST Mellon at Tranmere .perhaps a Yeats type day .Mellon day doesn’t have the same ring to it somehow

I agree fifty, he should be known as St Mellon or how about Sir Mellon. Dalglish has just been knighted, so how does this sound - Micky Mellon MBE.. MBE also standing for 'Managing Beyond Expectation.' He certainly did that at Wembley with having to deal with the very early sending off, having to make the 3 substitutions before half time, the tactical changes, forced to play players out of position, Borehamwood levelling at a great time to equalize and his assistant Mike Jackson being sent to the stands for the entire second half and giving the players the belief that they can do it,,, Arise Sir Micky.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2018 13:57 by hong kong rover.

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
09 June, 2018 15:15
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Surely Matt he is known as ST Mellon at Tranmere .perhaps a Yeats type day .Mellon day doesn’t have the same ring to it somehow

I agree fifty, he should be known as St Mellon or how about Sir Mellon. Dalglish has just been knighted, so how does this sound - Micky Mellon MBE.. MBE also standing for 'Managing Beyond Expectation.' He certainly did that at Wembley with having to deal with the very early sending off, having to make the 3 substitutions before half time, the tactical changes, forced to play players out of position, Borehamwood levelling at a great time to equalize and his assistant Mike Jackson being sent to the stands for the entire second half and giving the players the belief that they can do it,,, Arise Sir Micky.

+1

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
09 June, 2018 22:31
Right now he has probably earned a changing room locker with his name put on it, but if he presided over a return to the championship and consolidation, he'd arguably deserve a King style statue.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
12 June, 2018 19:08
Micky didn't go for an interview he said he had far too much respect for people here . . His ma rang him to ask why he didn't call in . . .he was on hol in Mexico .so much for rumormongers

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
12 June, 2018 20:39
Quote:
Loyden1
Micky didn't go for an interview he said he had far too much respect for people here . . His ma rang him to ask why he didn't call in . . .he was on hol in Mexico .so much for rumormongers

Scottish TV reported it as fact, wish somebody would've corrected them at the time!

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
12 June, 2018 21:40
People were too busy dooms-daying instead of allowing them a chance to breath and get back off their hols.

Always going to happen in silly season, if you keep to the philosophy of it's not fact until the horse says it then we'll all have a good summer.

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
13 June, 2018 11:32
A number of people just like to gossip and start rumours. I never believe any of it until TRFC publish the facts

 
Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
13 June, 2018 12:41
Alternatively, some of us just like to share with others what's being reported in the national media about our club and its personnel. No apologies from me for the opening post.

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
13 June, 2018 13:21
I love a bit of football gossip true or otherwise

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
13 June, 2018 14:20
How could he be being interviewed by St Mirren when he was being interviewed by Santos Laguna?

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
13 June, 2018 16:04
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Alternatively, some of us just like to share with others what's being reported in the national media about our club and its personnel. No apologies from me for the opening post.

I personally don't think your OP was anything to go by and quite rightly you shouldn't even consider an apology.

It's more when people see it reported, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 then start slating the man and accusing him and the club of things that when come out just haven't happened.

Luckily it doesn't happen on here (that much), gave up on the Facebook page and the other forum due to these reasons.

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
14 June, 2018 12:33
Quote:
rossb07
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Alternatively, some of us just like to share with others what's being reported in the national media about our club and its personnel. No apologies from me for the opening post.

I personally don't think your OP was anything to go by and quite rightly you shouldn't even consider an apology.

It's more when people see it reported, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 then start slating the man and accusing him and the club of things that when come out just haven't happened.

Luckily it doesn't happen on here (that much), gave up on the Facebook page and the other forum due to these reasons.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
15 June, 2018 05:48
I wonder if Micky was checking out on any players during his holiday in Mexico? A replacement for Cookie maybe? Don't think we have ever had a Mexican player at the Rovers, have we? Plenty of managers will be out on scouting missions and checking out on players during the summer and there will be many of them at the World Cup too. Mickys holiday might not just have been 100% relaxation, a managers job is 24-7, 365 days a year.

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
15 June, 2018 16:12
Quote:
hong kong rover
I wonder if Micky was checking out on any players during his holiday in Mexico? A replacement for Cookie maybe? Don't think we have ever had a Mexican player at the Rovers, have we? Plenty of managers will be out on scouting missions and checking out on players during the summer and there will be many of them at the World Cup too. Mickys holiday might not just have been 100% relaxation, a managers job is 24-7, 365 days a year.
maybe a fast winger he was looking at gonzalez I think his name was !

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
15 June, 2018 16:27
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
hong kong rover
I wonder if Micky was checking out on any players during his holiday in Mexico? A replacement for Cookie maybe? Don't think we have ever had a Mexican player at the Rovers, have we? Plenty of managers will be out on scouting missions and checking out on players during the summer and there will be many of them at the World Cup too. Mickys holiday might not just have been 100% relaxation, a managers job is 24-7, 365 days a year.
maybe a fast winger he was looking at gonzalez I think his name was !

lol

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
15 June, 2018 19:12
Quote:
hong kong rover
I wonder if Micky was checking out on any players during his holiday in Mexico? A replacement for Cookie maybe? Don't think we have ever had a Mexican player at the Rovers, have we? Plenty of managers will be out on scouting missions and checking out on players during the summer and there will be many of them at the World Cup too. Mickys holiday might not just have been 100% relaxation, a managers job is 24-7, 365 days a year.

Due to us being based in Merseyside, i am hopeful MM went to Mexico to secure untold funding arrangements (cough) to PP.

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon to St Mirren?
15 June, 2018 23:34
Grass roots football initiatives in the Yucatan region?

Mexican kids coached by Tranmere coaches and sometimes being taught some futbal de salade on the beach near red rocks?

If that's the case £1,000,000 a season in financing for Tranmere, at roughly 27,500,000 Mexican Peso's a season would be welcome.

I also noticed doing some research, that a 500 Mexican Peso appears to have Craig Charles on it.

Smeggin' hell Kryton, I think the Mexican's think I'm their president or somethin' like that.

I highly doubt that sir, considering the person is not on the front of the bank notes and appears only once on the back of one denomination of bank note, not on the back of all their bank notes (Sm7).

Maybe he could get this guy on loan from the Atlante FC team who play near Cancun. I'm presuming it was Cancun he went to.

Cristian Tarragona; an Argentinian player since 2017 who has scored 6 in 17 for Atlante. Looking at their squad they've loaned in so many strikers I'm not sure he's in right now. Have to admit though a tongue in cheek suggestion, as it's 99.9% certain Micky wasn't looking for players; but he could have made a few contacts if he'd had the savvy.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?