football
Latest News:

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Pre_season games
03 June, 2018 23:56
Had someone moaning in my local that Rovers aren't playing heswall vauxhall and lairds doing them out of a couple of grand.instead goin to Scotland .any thoughts ?

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Pre_season games
04 June, 2018 00:10
If we are not playing them it’s a first after god knows how long ,but we need tougher games now .must be ready to start well .i always thought those games a bit irrelevant.more of a habit

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 01:41
It's a difficult one as for sure one of the reasons we started last season so poorly is we were undercooked having as I recall only 3 pre season games and one of those liverpool when we hardly got a kick. It also meant there was insufficent time to work out our best 11 as we eneded starting with Alabi at torquay maybe because he walked through lairds for 4 goals!
On the other hand in the same way Liverpool learn not a lot playing against us but use it as a fitness run out surely we can do the same for the local teams?

cobas
cobas (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 12:56
who are we playing in scotland, and what dates. must admit, i do like the games at heswall,lairds and vauxhalls

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 16:09
Dunfermline 3pm KO Sat 7th of July.

May see if i'm allowed to go for a trip up North.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 16:32
The Dunfermline game will be at the end of a 6 day training camp for the Rovers, north of the border. Should be enough time for Micky to pop into the odd one or two Whisky distilleries back in his homeland for the occasional snifter, lol.

Fiftyyearsarover

05 June, 2018 16:38
Have we had the game v Liverpool confirmed,can’t see it anywhere

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 16:47
They are playing in USA and it's a world cup year. I can't see it happening this year

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 16:47
They are playing in USA and it's a world cup year. I can't see it happening this year

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Fiftyyearsarover

05 June, 2018 18:40
😢👍

Fiftyyearsarover

05 June, 2018 18:51
Yes I think HKR is right ,MM fixed the Scottish tour to replenish his drinks cabinet after promotion if I remember from my trucking days I used to take a tanker load of whisky to Germany from near Kilmarnock so watch out for Kilmarnock on the list of fixtures 😀

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 22:15
I read somewhere months back that the LFC game will happen and the USA tour was mentioned in the same article.

Fiftyyearsarover

05 June, 2018 22:57
Yes I read the same article that’s why I mentioned I have not seen it mentioned since

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 23:17
11th July is the date quoted by those allegedly in the know.

Fiftyyearsarover

05 June, 2018 23:28
Thank hoots

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 11:25
Club and the OSC are running coaches to Dunfermline if anyone is interested.

I'm being coaxed into making a weekend of it with the missus as she wants to see the Pandas in Edinburgh (Sm164)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 12:29 by rossb07.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 12:04
📅 DATE FOR THE DIARY | #TRFC will play host to Premier League side @LFC in a pre-season friendly at Prenton Park on Wednesday 11 July. Ticket information for this game will be announced in due course

Fiftyyearsarover

06 June, 2018 13:11
Well Rossbo7 panda to her wishes and it’s a win win 🐼🐼

MESSAGES->author

06 June, 2018 14:32
Quote:
rossb07
I'm being coaxed into making a weekend of it with the missus as she wants to see the Pandas in Edinburgh (Sm164)

you've dropped yourself right in it there Ross, if you don't take her to Edinburgh now then there will Pandamonium.

MESSAGES->author

06 June, 2018 15:08
Quote:
trfc-boi
📅 DATE FOR THE DIARY | #TRFC will play host to Premier League side @LFC in a pre-season friendly at Prenton Park on Wednesday 11 July. Ticket information for this game will be announced in due course

that's the 3rd summer on the bounce that Liverpool will be playing a pre season friendly at Prenton. 2016 attracted an attendance of over 13,000 and 2017 again over 13,000. hopefully a good turnout again this time around and maybe I will be able to see the game on a computer stream via that LFC channel, I was able to see the 2016 and 2017 games.

PS. the 11th july is also the date for the second semi final at the Russia world cup..think the prenton kick off time is about the same time as the world cup semi.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 15:25 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

06 June, 2018 15:36
its highly unlikely but what if England got through to the semis at the world cup and it was the 2nd semi on the same day, and pretty much the same kick off time, as the prenton Liverpool friendly?

Steve-Coll
Steve-Coll (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 16:27
Quote:
rossb07

Snap , she’s going to have to come and get me after the game though as I’m not taking her to the match....... makes me shiver every time I think about it.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

06 June, 2018 21:04
Booked coach up to our European game

MESSAGES->author

10 June, 2018 10:55
Quote:
ming05
Booked coach up to our European game

nice one, dont forget your passport lol.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

10 June, 2018 11:05
Aye and I'm looking forward to iron bru and deep fried mars bar at half time .

MESSAGES->author

10 June, 2018 11:09
might need more than your passport Ming05! you will be entering hostile foreign territory up there. behind enemy lines and up against our old jock foes. lol..u might need some back up from the SWA so that if anyone is to fall , help will be by their side. never leave a wounded soldier out in the field, eg if an SWA soldier has too much scotch and collapses on the streets of Dunfermline then he will need help from one of his own.hope the mission is a success and you return safely to Wirral HQ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2018 12:52 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

10 June, 2018 13:04
Dont be fooled into thinking its just a pre season friendly. Aint nothing amicable between us and the jocks lol..Micky being the exception of course.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

11 June, 2018 09:45
Will be like a scene from braveheart , just hope they keep their kilts down . Must sting a bit when going in for a sliding tackle.

MESSAGES->author

11 June, 2018 11:34
On the subject of Scotland, they beat England yesterday in the one day cricket. English cricket sinking to even lower depths now.

MESSAGES->author

11 June, 2018 12:07
All we need now is Panama to beat England at the World Cup and that would be it for me..I would renounce my British citizenship, set fire to my passport , toss it into HK harbour and apply to become a Chinese citizen.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

11 June, 2018 22:45
To be honest if you were hypothetically going to do something so questionable, I'd keep the British passport until you're guaranteed the Chinese one, because if you got rid of the British one and the Chinese one was not granted you'd find it more difficult to prove you exist.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net