football
Latest News:

oxf77
oxf77 (IP Logged)

2000 W0rthington League Cup final match ball
03 June, 2018 18:23
Afternoon, I am after the match ball produced for the 2000 W0rthington/League Cup final against Leicester. There are usually (allegedly!) 100 of each produced, given to all sorts of individuals connected with the matches.

I have attached photo of the match ball below.

Could anybody who has one of these, or knows somebody who has one (I can provide finder's fees) please send me a private message? I am willing to offer very good money.

If you have any other Ult1max footballs please feel free to message too.

Thanks in advance,

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeyINY4W4AAqhky.jpg:large

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 13:46 by oxf77.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: 2000 Worthington League Cup final match ball
03 June, 2018 19:53
if u are a sly FOX in disguise then u can swivel pal, if not, then maybe someone will be able to oblige.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 19:58 by hong kong rover.

oxf77
oxf77 (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 23:09
Quote:
hong kong rover
if u are a sly FOX in disguise then u can swivel pal, if not, then maybe someone will be able to oblige.

I don't support Leicester

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 00:30
Good luck with this.

Go you collect match balls from games? Seems a random game to be collecting

Maybe hit some of the players up on twitter. Theeres prob a few who drank their wages away in the swan and might want the money more than the match ball.

oxf77
oxf77 (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 00:55
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Good luck with this.
Go you collect match balls from games? Seems a random game to be collecting

Maybe hit some of the players up on twitter. Theeres prob a few who drank their wages away in the swan and might want the money more than the match ball.

Mitre apparently produced 100 of these balls for the League Cup Final, of which around 10 were taken to the game. I'm not bothered whether I find one used during the game or not (in fact I'd prefer it was unused) I just collect those type of Mitre footballs.

If you know anybody who could help find one, I am happy to provide a reward.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 12:36
Quote:
oxf77
Quote:
hong kong rover

Apologies for my bad text, i shouldnt have said that. i had had a late night and plenty to drink , but thats no excuse, sorry.

Johnny_kings_cake
Johnny_kings_cake (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 13:10
Hi ofx77,

I've got good and bad news for you I'm afraid.

I do have one of these balls as I won a competition to win one signed by the Tranmere squad. It's never been kicked and so is in mint condition.

However, this is my little memento of what is likely to be the pinnacle of Tranmere's history for a long time to come so it's value to me is far greater than you I'm almost certain.

oxf77
oxf77 (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 13:37
Hi Johnny, I think I sent you a private message but my "sent items" is empty. Could you let me know if you got it?

Johnny_kings_cake
Johnny_kings_cake (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 15:58
Hi oxf77, I got it OK, just replied

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: 2000 W0rthington League Cup final match ball
04 June, 2018 16:39
I am amazed anyone has one ,it’s been 28 years since that day ,but for those that have them ,well done for keeping them .i suppose their only worth what some one will pay for them

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 20:13
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I am amazed anyone has one ,it’s been 28 years since that day ,but for those that have them ,well done for keeping them .i suppose their only worth what some one will pay for them

Fifty, put your thinking cap on son. It’s not 28 years since the year 2000 old pal. 😂

EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 20:44
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

Nice one "Forty!"

Every ball's a white ball

oxf77
oxf77 (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 21:19
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
oxf77
Quote:
hong kong rover

Apologies for my bad text, i shouldnt have said that. i had had a late night and plenty to drink , but thats no excuse, sorry.

No worries mate. It did seem a bit intense but I thought it was just some bad memory from the match.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 08:00
Jesus it does not pay to slip up on here 😀 18 years it is ,just testing to see who is awake at this boring time

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net