football
Latest News:

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Josh Ginnelly
02 June, 2018 22:36
Rumour has it that we’ve made an offer to him and are waiting for his response. Fingers crossed, he looks a decent prospect!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Josh Ginnelly
02 June, 2018 22:55
A good signing if so, as are all the ones so far I feel, but I would still like to see 2 or 3 players who could be mid table league 1 or top 3 SCC quality and have no history of playing in the NL, so it looks like Tranmere are attracting players that could be too good for NL, otherwise the whole recruitment could look like what Micky would have done if Tranmere lost the final.

However so far Banks, Ellis and if Ginnelly signs, will all be fine by me.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

02 June, 2018 22:57
I would love to have Gino back

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 09:40
Grimsby after him made him an offer .mickey has to be like the mafia .make him an offer he can’t refuse

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 10:46
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Grimsby after him made him an offer .mickey has to be like the mafia .make him an offer he can’t refuse

You mean like that film that had Al Pacino in? What was it called again ? Mellonface? ... “say hello to my little friend” (Ginnelly)

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 11:29
DMH has been waxing lyrical about his time here..and how he loved the fans and went on to praise MM saying he was a really good manager ..I know he is at Burnley but will he get many games for them ..My own views about his comments was that he was sending a “ come and get me message “ to the club .. He would be a fantastic addition to the squad..likewise Ginnelly is class and we must do all we can to sign him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 11:31 by Johnos Hackers.

Fiftyyearsarover

03 June, 2018 12:47
Sorry a bit ambiguous that post DMH is at Barnsley ,Ginnelly is at Burnley .DMH praises MM for helping him because he is now in the Barnsley first team squad ,

Johnos Hackers

03 June, 2018 13:06
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Sorry a bit ambiguous that post DMH is at Barnsley ,Ginnelly is at Burnley .DMH praises MM for helping him because he is now in the Barnsley first team squad ,

Fifty you spotted my mistake but you got the gist of what I was “ trying” to say ..I’m in Portugal on holiday..Too many beers and a fuzzy head ...what I was trying to say DMH would be a good addition to the squad ..🍺🍺🍺

Johnos Hackers

03 June, 2018 13:06
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

Fifty you spotted my mistake but you got the gist of what I was “ trying” to say ..I’m in Portugal on holiday..Too many beers and a fuzzy head ...what I was trying to say DMH would be a good addition to the squad ..🍺🍺🍺

Fiftyyearsarover

04 June, 2018 00:05
Happy holiday .dont post unless sober 😀👍

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 18:16
Is there a danger of overstating the worth of Ginnelly.Until the last couple of games the general view of posters seemed to waver to being unconvinced and he was not an auto select.He does provide cover for the uncertainty around Tollit but was no were near as good as Tollit at his best.His best game was the semi but even then I did not notice him getting around the back of defenders but tended to drift inside.
I am not suggesting that he isn't worth considering but it is too easy to make judgements on just a few recent games

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 19:14
I think he's unnecessary at the moment, could do with cementing a lineup from the off. He'd be a good backup.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 21:23
Happy if this does indeed happen.

He definitely has talent and reckon MM can channel that out of him.

If not, reckon Lincoln may have another look at him as he was well liked there by all parties but just didn't get the game time that Burnley wanted him to be getting.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 07:42
[twitter.com]

Walsall bound.

Fiftyyearsarover

05 June, 2018 10:02
Confirmed ,signed for Walsall

ShaunCH45
ShaunCH45 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 10:06
Signed 1 year deal at Walsall, previously on loan there 16/17 season

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 10:34
Mildly disappointing but that's all.
Might be a long hard season for Walsall, mind.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 10:43
Quote:
ShaunCH45
Signed 1 year deal at Walsall, previously on loan there 16/17 season

A few of their fans remember this with little excitement. Hope they sign Mceverley and alabi

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 10:57
Quote:
DevonExile
Is there a danger of overstating the worth of Ginnelly.Until the last couple of games the general view of posters seemed to waver to being unconvinced and he was not an auto select.He does provide cover for the uncertainty around Tollit but was no were near as good as Tollit at his best.His best game was the semi but even then I did not notice him getting around the back of defenders but tended to drift inside.
I am not suggesting that he isn't
worth considering but it is too easy to make judgements on just a few recent games

Agree with you Devon. Until the semi game , he would rarely be going past his man down the channels , which is what we want for a winger

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 11:18
He was excellent against Ebbsfleet and played his part until he was substituted in the final.......good luck to him in his future career.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 11:19 by Hoots Mon.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 11:26
Another player off the list, draw a line under this one and move on.

He had potential, and no guarantee that he would have been good enough over the course of the season.

Sure Micky has his targets and with a while to go, I'm sure we'll find some quality.

I would imagine most players are still on holiday so not much movement in the market ATM.

My biggest concern is who is going to replace Cook? and is McNulty staying or leaving? He offers great leadership to the team and although he looks past his best, could hold his own in FL2.

Can't blame Ginnelly going there, it's all about playing at the highest level YouCan to further your career.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 11:45
None of the sour grapes from me....

Fiftyyearsarover

05 June, 2018 13:00
Yes good luck to him,did not let us down in the semi or final

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 13:18
Any player who was involved with what happened a Wembley will surely get a heroes welcome when they return to PP.

One of those events where we were all in it together and I think the players will always have a bond and fondnes for the club and fans also

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 13:19
Thanks for getting us over the line and good luck in League 1. But I always thought he looked like a player who had all of his natural flair coached out of him. Cannot remember him going past his full back and putting a cross on Cookies head once.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net