football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

John Askey at Shrews
01 June, 2018 12:44
Askey new boss at Shrewsbury. that could hit Macc pretty hard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2018 12:51 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

Re: John Askey at Shrews
01 June, 2018 12:46
was a little concerned that shrews might have been asking for Micky to go back.

MESSAGES->author

01 June, 2018 13:48
and paul tisdale has left Exeter after 11 years in charge of them.

MESSAGES->author

01 June, 2018 13:58
and another Leeds manager bites the dust, its frightening and quite ludicrous at how often the managers change at Elland Road.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

01 June, 2018 20:07
Quote:
hong kong rover
and another Leeds manager bites the dust, its frightening and quite ludicrous at how often the managers change at Elland Road.
Love it still hate them

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

01 June, 2018 20:58
Macc might do ok if they considered a young manager maybe Macca’s friend at Boreham Wood

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

01 June, 2018 21:18
Off the Macc site:-

'''Legend' Nick Bianchi is now working as JA's agent and got him the move. Absolutely disgusting!

[imgur.com]''

So Macc's main sponsor has been accused by a Macc fan of getting Askey his moveeye popping smiley

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 June, 2018 03:39
Quote:
hong kong rover
Given it was rumoured he was close to the sack at Shrews before he came to us that was pretty unlikely. That said I am sure we are now a far more attractive prospect for any Manager if MM did fancy a change and as of yet I haven't seen anything to say he has signed a new contract?

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

02 June, 2018 07:58
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
hong kong rover
Given it was rumoured he was close to the sack at Shrews before he came to us that was pretty unlikely. That said I am sure we are now a far more attractive prospect for any Manager if MM did fancy a change and as of yet I haven't seen anything to say he has signed a new contract?

Was going to ask the same myself. All this talk about players signing, but nothing about the manager

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

02 June, 2018 09:21
Askey did a fine job at Macc and together with his time as a player has given 19 years service and they are now back in the FL.

Whilst it is obviously disappointing for the Macc fans, they should be thanking him and wishing him the best for the future and not whinging about the alleged way in which it came about (and running the risk of doing a Daggers by upsetting one of their main financial supporters).

A factor may have been, the very disappointing reaction by the Macclesfield public last season, I think their average gate over the season was 1800? and at the final game when the trophy was presented less than 4,000?

They may not like it but, the Shrews are a far bigger club in terms of gates, backing and are in FL1 after a truly great but ultimately disappointing season.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

04 June, 2018 13:24
Also off the Macc site:-

Next manager thread

''If *** ***** is correct then the Moss rose is a sinking ship and any manager or player with an ambitious career mind would stay clear.

Having spoken briefly today with someone 'in the know' regarding the BlowerAmar situation they have said it won't be long until the whole story at Mac c unravels. Apparently Askey has not spoken with either since before christmas...what kind of advert is that to a new manager?I would run a mile!people in the inner football world know what's going on there, they know how corrupt and how poorly commercially managed we are...it needs exposing properly. I'm gutted Amar already has my season ticket money for next year!''

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 13:27
My guess is that MM has an affinity with the club.If however he has aspirations to go to a bigger club then rather like Askey this is a good time for a move on the back of success.I cannot imagine that MM s contract has not already been sorted in principle.
With the exception of not having secured a good striker,there is a big enough pool in other positions that time is not such an imperative.
That changes though when a club had to bring in a new manager as it can only slow up player recuitment. Clubs like Macclesfield,Morecombe and Carlisle have more challenges than us in preparing for next season

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 18:03
Jay Saunders,the Maidstone manager ,is apparently odds on to be the new Macc manager.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 15:47
Macc have made 3 signings/or resignings witout a manager

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 16:49
I think that may be more down to if they didn’t then they’d have no-one left.

Lost 2 to VNL already...

MESSAGES->author

19 June, 2018 14:41
Macclesfield have appointed Solihull manager Mark Yates as their new boss and Macc have taken Nathan Blissett on with a 2 year contract. Thought Yates did an excellent job keeping Solihull up. Yates might have another job of trying to keep a club up this season with Macc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2018 14:43 by hong kong rover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net