football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

All those nice things
19 May, 2018 01:32
No more cr*ppy grounds where some of the stands are no bigger than bicycle sheds, no more FA Trophy, no more qualifying for the FA Cup, no more extra waiting for the seasons fixtures to come out and maybe no more of Dai Kwondo, altough in a strange way i think we will miss him. Mind you, it doesnt necessarily mean that it has to be the last of any contact with the Welsh Wombat. We can, at different stages throughout the season, gently remind him of our league status....Back in the FA Cup 1st round proper, back in the EFL League cup, in the Checkatrade Trophy where we could possibly be playing Evertons academy side, that is if the academy sides will still be competing in it. ( something I dont agree with to be honest.) Not having too long to wait for the fixtures to be released and some proper footy grounds for Rovers to play on and the fans to visit...Yessss.

PS and hopefully no more of having to tolerate that insufferable Dean Saunders on BT Sport.

PPS will miss the BT Sport coverage though, dont think there will be so much coverage of us in League 2.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2018 02:33 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: All those nice things
19 May, 2018 07:51
That’s why in a strange way will miss being in the NL ,big fish in a small pond own newspaper ,being on tv ,always being mentioned .now ignominy beckons no tv unless a big cup game , but back where we belong and need to be ,funny old world

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 08:59
I like it that way, no longer the big Wembley away day for everyone in the league.

We can just crack on and sneak up the rankings without anyone causing a fuss.

HKR, you just reminded me of the checkatrade cup, doubt i'll be attending any of those games as it seems to be boycotted by the majority of the other clubs but we'll see how adventurous i feel around the date of any games (and depends on the oppo).

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 15:47
Yeah, I'll miss the National League like a bad case of haemorrhoids; it too was a pain in the ar$e and glad to see the back of it. Would you wish a return of either.... a big fat no!! In keeping with that theme, we'll no longer be the butt of so many jokes.
It's time to apply the Anusol to rid us of the unwanted affliction, absorb our success and our renewed pride, move on, without sentimentality, to bigger and better things (aside from Forest Green's gaudy shirt and freakin' vegan, taste-free, it makes me better than you, insipid, excuse for food; enough to put HKR off pies for life-well that's the diet for you then HKR!). Ah well, looking forward to a feast of football at least!

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 18:19
Holdon. What about all those cheap pints like at Borehamwood, although last visit Bovril would have been a better option.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 18:41
Quote:
Phil65
Yeah, I'll miss the National League like a bad case of haemorrhoids; it too was a pain in the ar$e and glad to see the back of it. Would you wish a return of either.... a big fat no!! In keeping with that theme, we'll no longer be the butt of so many jokes.
It's time to apply the Anusol to rid us of the unwanted affliction, absorb our success and our renewed pride, move on, without sentimentality, to bigger and better things (aside from Forest Green's gaudy shirt and freakin' vegan, taste-free, it makes me better than you, insipid, excuse for food; enough to put HKR off pies for life-well that's the diet for you then HKR!). Ah well, looking forward to a feast of football at least!

I actually enjoyed visiting quite a few of the different grounds[some more than others] but am very glad we won't be doing it next season.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 18:58
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Phil65

I actually enjoyed visiting quite a few of the different grounds[some more than others] but am very glad we won't be doing it next season.

I still find it all a bit fishy this some of this love-in with the National League. Yes, I know what you're angling at, there certainly was a bit of a novelty factor with new venues, but won't miss the stigma of being down there with the "tiddlers", perched on the edge of the abyss; we might have been a big fish in a small pond, but we were floundering at times. However, like a magnificent salmon, we managed to leap powerfully and gracefully in to the deep blue sea of the football league! Saturday was so good, we might not stop carping on about it!
Right, I'm orfe to perch-ase a few cheap pints that 8530kg refers to!

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 19:43
Must say I’ve loved hearing everyone talk about us as a big club, proper club, massive fan base and the first fixture they look for. But sod it we are a real club again, back where we belong.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 20:34
And Oh for some decent referees........

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 20:59
Back in the football league is great but I'm not sure the officials will be much better. They're the ones that were in the conference last season 🙄

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 21:29
Well we can also beat Lincoln home and away next season

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 22:43
Ridehalgh might be filling some the lads in on what to expect.

Now Boundary Park is kind of like this and Gresty Road looks pretty decent and you'll get a kick out of playing against Crawley.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 22:46
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Phil65

I still find it all a bit fishy this some of this love-in with the National League. Yes, I know what you're angling at, there certainly was a bit of a novelty factor with new venues, but won't miss the stigma of being down there with the "tiddlers", perched on the edge of the abyss; we might have been a big fish in a small pond, but we were floundering at times. However, like a magnificent salmon, we managed to leap powerfully and gracefully in to the deep blue sea of the football league! Saturday was so good, we might not stop carping on about it!
Right, I'm orfe to perch-ase a few cheap pints that 8530kg refers to!

I remember the Bristol Rovers fan who came on here and said he loved going to all the small different non league grounds but was glad it was only once. It took us a couple of years longer but I know exactly what he means and fully agree with his sentiments. I think AFAICR that the only grounds I didn't get to at all were Torquay,Woking,North Ferriby,Hartlepool[went there in Div 2] and Maidenhead. I WAS going to Woking but the Saturday game was called off and I couldn't go on the Tuesday

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2018 22:47 by Hoots Mon.

Aldo’s Shimmy
Aldo’s Shimmy (IP Logged)

20 May, 2018 01:50
Chekatrade Trophy, FA Cup 1st round, League Cup, Getting home and watching the goals on sky sports news the same night instead of waiting till Sunday night for BT to show them....GET IN! The chekatrade trophy might wear off after getting beat by Everton’s u21 but anything is better than the FA trophy! Shame we’ve endured for 3 years is over

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

20 May, 2018 07:53
To see the National League paper in Sainsbury's (other outlets available) and know we're not in it.

Mind you never bought one in three years somehow never wanted to perhaps it was my way of blocking the nightmare.

Now I can walk past the papers and see the publication and the thought of Tranmere being in it have gone the nightmare is over.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

20 May, 2018 09:21
Going abroad wearing rovers shirt and spanish or other nationalities asking what league are we in and trying to explain !

MESSAGES->author
Rizla (IP Logged)

20 May, 2018 09:36
Quote:
Loyden1
Going abroad wearing rovers shirt and spanish or other nationalities asking what league are we in and trying to explain !

Ha ha. +1

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

20 May, 2018 14:47
Quote:
Loyden1

lol nice one, trying to explain that to some of the Chinese football loving public here in HK was hard work, but nothing has ever been tougher than trying to elucidate the rules of cricket to my Indonesian lass.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net