the kav (IP Logged)

Salford after cook
17 May, 2018 18:38
Allegedly

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Salford after cook
17 May, 2018 18:42
What does allegedly mean,There is no evidence that Salford are paying mega bucks and I would be very surprised if we are not a more attractive option

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 18:50
Salford have just signed Fleetwood captain Nathan Pond and Macclesfield's Danny Whitehead. I fully expect them to be sniffing around our better players, especially those out of contract.

Macc forum reckons Salford are paying Whitehead £2.5k a week. Who knows how true that is, but either way he'll be getting a very decent wedge.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 18:57
After Wembley I heard Salford had offered cook 600 a week more than us, no evidence of truth in that statement but I assume we would be offering an increase of some sort given we are going to be in league 2

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 19:07
2500 a week with a 25k signing on fee I bekieve

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 19:14
Quote:
the kav
2500 a week with a 25k signing on fee I bekieve

Allegedly according to a poster elsewhere.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 19:27
I hope they have offered him big bucks because, in a way, we can't lose. He's 27 and never yet proved himself in the league. If he chooses to stay non-league for the money, that'll tell us he's lacking either the hunger or confidence to make it - better for us to know now rather than a few months into, say, a new two year deal. And even if Salford with Cookie make it into the league a year later, who's to say they wouldn't then bin him for a League 1 striker? Like they've just binned their titie-winning managers.

Cookie's attitude has always been spot on for us and, for that reason, I'd like to think he'll either stay with us or, if he does move, it'd be to a higher level. One thing's for sure, he won't be going to Wrexham, no matter what any of their fans might wish for!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 19:31 by Aldo'smuzzy.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 19:43
No chance !

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 20:32
Rumour round the club back end of season was the only way he would consider staying was on our promotion which would suggest he fancies himself to play in the FL.

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 20:33
Cookie is 27 and so at his peak. He needs to play league football now.

Salford have the money to dump and replace squad a year down the line if they get promoted to league football at first attempt which is a big if.

MESSAGES->author
Rizla (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 21:13
Walsall I heard.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 21:21
Saw Richie Sutton in Liverpool yesterday, is he signing for any of the 2 big boys over there?

In all seriousness, it'd take a very good offer for him to go back down after just getting out.

If i were him, i'd have a season or half of one to see if he (i've) got what it took in the league and then go from there.

Briantrfc
Briantrfc (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 21:26
Word on the street is that dean is after him for walsall. Cant blame him for jumping up a league. Id be more frustrated if he left us for another league 2 team. Either way he has worked wonders for us so good luck to him.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 21:28
If he doesn't sign for us he will go to a Division 1 side for a lot more money! I doubt he will go to Salford as he is desperate to play League football. It will depend which side is prepared to offer him the most money!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 22:18
I think Cook will take the money. I'd be surprised to see him start with us next season...hope I'm wrong.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 22:20
Would be very very very surprised if he chooses non league over L2

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 22:22
It depends what motivates him - money or ambition .

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 22:35
If he goes will we go for Rowe from Fylde. Decent goal scorers are hard to find and he would fit the bill.

Briantrfc
Briantrfc (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 22:43
If the lad gets offered league 1 tho surely he has to take his chance. I think he will still score 15+ in league 1 and i for one will be keeping a close eye on his progress if he does leave us.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 23:01
Here we go again. Word on street etc.absolutely no formal offers to refer to....

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 23:07
Can I put a stop to this nonsense once and for all ..Cook is going nowhere..He will be playing for us next season..100%..He loves the club and he will be given the financial recognition he deserves..Cook and Nors will both be leading the line for us next season..THE END..

Briantrfc
Briantrfc (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 23:23
Dont hold your breath..... id put all i own on a bet that he wont be playing for us next season

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 23:34
If Cook goes he goes, however League 1 would be more fitting outcome. To go to Salford even for better money would still be a step back, when you're with a club capable of two consecutive promotions and unlike Salford who are bankrolling success, Tranmere are not bankrolling success, so league financial regs wouldn't have the same wing clipping effect as it could for Salford, so I could see Tranmere have a better chance to get out of league 2 than Salford.

Imagine if Cook stays, which I'm confident he will and Tranmere end up playing Salford in the FA Cup at Prenton Park, the tannoy could play "You can't always get what you want", by the rolling stones, especially for their fans.

Then tell Cook to walk out last on the pitch to make a point.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 10:01
I would imagine every NL club would want Cook, Nors or any of our players. Micky knows who he wants, he has experience of managing at league 2 whereas most of our players have no experience of playing regularly at a level above NL.
Its Cooks agent that will decide on were he goes next season, I think MM turned him into a better player this season and was right about his work rate, he ran himself into the ground at Wembley, Cook knows that another season with us would mean first team football not warming the bench (Ricky Millar), if he scores 20+ at league 2 level then there would be Championship clubs after him.
For a lot of the players it will be length of contract that would be just as important as salary. I can see us offering most players 2 years but Cook getting 3 and Nors getting a new contract.
I'm not bothered by teams like Salford, Fylde, Boreham Wood, they all come and go, when the owners get bored after staying in NL for a couple of seasons they will move on, its good clubs like Hartlepool, Orient, Wrexham that I would like to see progress, with a little bit of investment they could get out of that @#$%& league.
Cook will be going nowhere unless his agent gets greedy and potentially ruins his career.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 10:35
Heard fowler is on his way and Owen

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 12:46
Quote:
ming05
Heard fowler is on his way and Owen
You left Rooney out.
I think Cook would be silly to leave as he has developed a great partnership with Nors, I think he will stay.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 12:57
Of course we would miss him if he went but don't forget, no player it's bigger than the club. We would manage without him if needs must

pez
pez (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 13:10
Its the usual Summer Gossip.

Good players are always in demand, and Cook and Norwood will have made a few Managers sit up and take notice, especially that Wembley performance.

We want to keep them both, but unfortunately, its down to the players at the end of the day.

Norwood has a year left on gis current deal, so a fee would be required to secure his services.

Cookie will be on quite a few clubs radars and it depends on what motivates him more? The chance to take Tranmere to League One, or an extra grand a week somewhere else?

He seemed to embrace the atmosphere last weekend and I hope he wants to continue the journey.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 14:05
Heard he gone Walsall.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 14:39
Quote:
Loyden1
Heard he gone Walsall.

Where did you hear this?

No good coming out with a massive statement like that unless you tell us where it cam from.

The thread title says Salford City and thats just as credible tbh.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 14:42
He's signed. Been terrible since Wembley

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 15:13
Quote:
Hardly Irons
He's signed. Been terrible since Wembley
sorry pez the lad who txd works at club so I'm only assuming it's right

pez
pez (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 15:21
Dont understand all the cloak & dagger over it tbh.

If hes gone then make it public, not going to change the situation is it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2018 15:38 by pez.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 16:03
Quote:
pez

Possibly no cloak and dagger because nothing has happened. They can't spend excessive time denying all the rumours.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 17:06
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
pez

Possibly no cloak and dagger because nothing has happened. They can't spend excessive time denying all the rumours.

You misunderstood my comments, I meant that if hes gone / going then its a big deal to the supporters and is worthy of a report imho. So why shroud it in secrecy if he has indeed gone?

If not then yes, youre totally correct, it is just a rumour and not worthy of a comment by the club.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 17:23
Quote:
pez

He has gone, his contract expires in however many days along with however many others, they’ve published the released list i.e players who will not be offered new deals their contracts have not been cancelled. As Cookie is not not the “released” list we must have/will offer a new deal along with whichever other clubs offer him terms. He will surely take the most money/longest deal as I would do in his shoes.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 19:49
But does that mean he has gone.If he is listening to offers then surely it depends what we are also prepared to offer.
I cannot believe that with such a good player we will at this early stage have given him just one take it leave it offer

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 19:56
Quote:
DevonExile
But does that mean he has gone.If he is listening to offers then surely it depends what we are also prepared to offer.
I cannot believe that with such a good player we will at this early stage have given him just one take it leave it offer

Of course, I was just pointing out that as of June whatever he is no longer a Rovers player unless he signs a new deal so in terms of caginess from the club their is none, he’s out of contract and free to look anywhere.

19 May, 2018 09:41
So if this is true then lets hear some suggestions for a replacement.... Danny Rowe from Fylde?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 12:01
Quote:
Itsalldownhillfromhere
So if this is true then lets hear some suggestions for a replacement.... Danny Rowe from Fylde?

Rowe is under contract at Fylde and moneybags Fylde do not need to sell.

We may have a chance in the January window if he turns down a new deal from Fylde? But I would imagine he is very much part of Challinors plans.

Cant see us offering silly money for anyone unfortunately and unless they are free agents we probably wont sign them.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 13:17
Quote:
Itsalldownhillfromhere

Another thread is debating suitable replacements and Rowe has been mentioned several times amongst a number of names suggested. Personally I would want a proven L2 or even L1 striker to replace Cookie...

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 14:07
Common sense suggests that would cost money and almost certainly more than it would cost to retain Cook.Interesting that in recent seasons Exeter have brought in young strikers without a prior record and it has worked well for them bringing in several million pound and now they have an asset in Stockley

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

20 May, 2018 00:13
A good strategy if it is worked well, as bigger clubs castoffs must have a natural starting level and for some players that will be league 1 and 2.

Tranmere having the development side for players aged 16+ should, when utilised properly, be a way of accessing such players and making them first team ready within 1-4 years, age depending, but inevitably there will be players whose backgrounds suggest much promise, but who flatter to deceive, because no Liverpool, Everton, United or city castoff, has the divine right to be seen as league quality at an initial stage in their career, or indeed at any time if they are not and the cosy bosom of such clubs, does not guarantee those clubs develop potential so great the worst case scenario would be to sell a 19 year old to the championship for £500,000, otherwise Liverpool could potentially have an academy so great, they could field a Premier league team with 6-7 former academy players every week and most if not all of the bench sitters being from the same origin.

I would expect Tranmere in league 2 now, to be able to entice a slightly higher number of Premier league and Championship castoffs aged 18-21, who could be potentially ready for that first league 2 game as part of a starting 11, because less of those types of players would have reservations about going to Tranmere, compared to last season, knowing the soon to be trendy new training setup and biggish ground were a smokescreen of sorts, for the fact it would be NL football they'd have been playing when used in league matches.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 15:07
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
I hope they have offered him big bucks because, in a way, we can't lose. He's 27 and never yet proved himself in the league. If he chooses to stay non-league for the money, that'll tell us he's lacking either the hunger or confidence to make it - better for us to know now rather than a few months into, say, a new two year deal. And even if Salford with Cookie make it into the league a year later, who's to say they wouldn't then bin him for a League 1 striker? Like they've just binned their titie-winning managers.
Cookie's attitude has always been spot on for us and, for that reason, I'd like to think he'll either stay with us or, if he does move, it'd be to a higher level. One thing's for sure, he won't be going to Wrexham, no matter what any of their fans might wish for!

cook to wrexham (Sm22)

21 May, 2018 18:05
Is any of this serious speculation, or is everyone bored and seeing who can make up the most troubling rumours?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 23:06
Cook's going abroad. Apparently some guy called Griezmann is leaving his club and they're looking for a player who has scored 20+ goals this season.

Cook on a free for £100,000 a week?

So there's a rumour you can bet your bottom dollar on not to be remotely credible.

Now who needs that Transfer Rumours site anyway. Total Tranmere will give you more of the same, but with a bit more class about it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net