football
Latest News:

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Official released list
17 May, 2018 14:30
Andy Mangan, Jake Kirby, Mitch Duggan, Jack Dunn, Jay McEveley, Elliot Rokka and Drissa Traore are all out of contract this summer and will be allowed to leave the Club.

Wallace invited to train pre-season

Negotiations are ongoing with the remaining players out of contract

Source Tranmererovers website

Re: Official released list
17 May, 2018 14:39
No real suprise with that news.... none have done anything to justify staying longer.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 14:47
Shame about Mangan, writing been on the wall for long time, great man.

Kirby & Duggan last batch home grown talent gone.
These released players should free up some money for wages for new signing.

Waring & Alabi should go too, seen nothing from them to warrant staying. I carnt see that changing soon, Cook & Nords all day, 1st choice, maybe if change tactics another forward might get the nod in the odd game.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 14:51 by trfc-boi.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 15:03
trfc-boi - Totally Agree. Now to watch out for further releases - and arrivals.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 15:11
Can't really argue with that, good luck to all seven lads. Feel sorry for Jake though, think he'd have played a part this season but for his injuries. Hope he gets a decent club and the chance to bounce back.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 15:16
Gutted with Mangan and also gutted that Wallace is even allowed to train just in case he manages to get another contract with us. For me we should just cut all ties with him now.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 15:19
Wallace invited back tho? Another season on the treatment table?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 15:27
Can understand the reservations about Wallace but, until such time as the medics tell him to retire from professional football, he shouldn't be written off completely. Don't see any harm in looking at him again in pre-season.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 15:46
No real surprises here. I also feel sorry for Jake Kirby and I hope he finds another club soon. He has been very unlucky with his injuries and deserves some luck.
At one time I thought McNulty was past it-- and he may be-- but what an addition he could be to help bring on some of the more inexperienced players.
I also felt that Evan Gumbs might go but pleased he has the opportunity to prove himself!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 16:05
Nothing unexpected ,but what is the point of Wallace ,I really really don’t get it ,unless it’s a no play ,no pay .a complete waste of 2years money .and please guys none of the usual if he gets fit .big bonus etc etc .its a joke .i have said it 5times now ,nothing against the lad ,I wish he was back fit but afret 5years it’s not going to happen

17 May, 2018 16:09
If Wallace costs us nothing its a no brainer... He is still young and... if.... he returns to full fitness earns his place in the team. The quality is there.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 16:14
Quote:
Itsalldownhillfromhere
If Wallace costs us nothing its a no brainer... He is still young and... if.... he returns to full fitness earns his place in the team. The quality is there.
correct

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 16:59
Quote:
Itsalldownhillfromhere
He has supposedly returned to full fitness a number of times in his career before being injured again for long periods. This is not a great start to MM's next recruitment/ team building agenda. He is never going to cost us nothing as if we sign him when he is "back to full fitness" we will have to bring in a loan player when he breaks down again so we pay twice! Even if a Pay as You Play we will have to have cover which is an extra wage given the odds on him breaking down again. I agree with 50Years - I also have nothing against him but he should have been let go.
Feel sorry for Jake also.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 17:27
Sorry about Jake.He's had no luck.That Southport thug has really messed him up.Mangan will be missed as a morale booster in the dressing room..I wish them all luck and hope they find new clubs quickly.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 17:28
Happy all of these have gone to free up wage bill.
I’m happy for Mangan as he needs to find an NL side or NL north where he’ll be starting most games. Like Kirby too.

Hampshire White
Hampshire White (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 17:40
No Alibi on the list? Must be cover for Mangan....

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 18:08
Quote:
Tranmere69
Sorry about Jake.He's had no luck.That Southport thug has really messed him up.Mangan will be missed as a morale booster in the dressing room..I wish them all luck and hope they find new clubs quickly.

It wasn't the ''Southport thug'' that messed Jake up-that was Lee Vaughan. Jake broke his leg against Barrow. I wish him [and the others] well.Mangan will definitely be missed big time for morale boosting purposes.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 18:30
No surprises but I see no point in continuing a link with a player who is now a permanent sick note.His impact in the last two seasons has been negligible.To keep a link is to pointless and premised on the maaove IF he was fully fit. Over the last 5 years he has been declared fully fit on a number of occasions.The real issue is can he stay fully fit for a sustained period of time and no medical opinion can give an answer to that question.
I am sur
I was slightly surprised that Gumbs has been retained,He has passed the point of being one for the future and I cannot see him being upto league standard

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 18:33
Looking at the list again does that mean Rokka has been retained? If so that seems an odd decision

Fiftyyearsarover

17 May, 2018 19:07
Mangan was a decent lad but he was paid as a footballer not a comedian .when he did play he was good in short bursts then disappeared

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 20:13
Strangely, I don't think Andy will have trouble finding a new club but, wages might be a different matter.

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 20:24
Quote:
DevonExile
Looking at the list again does that mean Rokka has been retained? If so that seems an odd decision

No, released.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 20:33
Invited to train with suggests he has not been offered a contract but we are allowing him to use the facilities.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 23:19
No real surprises there. None of them featured in our national league side, so had no chance of stepping up a league.

Wallace could be being used as bait for his best mate mr Baxter to come over the water

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 23:24
The released players do not surprise me, although I did feel Traore warranted perhaps a 6 month extension to see if he could have stepped up, as he unlike the others released had had less time to impress.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

PeteTRFC
PeteTRFC (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 08:07
Quote:
Matt34
The released players do not surprise me, although I did feel Traore warranted perhaps a 6 month extension to see if he could have stepped up, as he unlike the others released had had less time to impress.

I think off field antics may have had a hand in the decision

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 13:37
Pretty much as expected. Feel sorry for Kirby. Glad MM and MP seem to be taking a rational attitude towards Wallace's situation - they will know important facts which we don't know. No opinion about Waring as he hardly played.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

11 June, 2018 14:40
Sorry to drag up an old thread but might be of interest to some that Jake Kirby has signed for Stockport. Did well there on loan a few years ago so hopefully a good move for him.

Fiftyyearsarover

11 June, 2018 17:14
I Liked Kirby but to much of a sick note just could not get a run away from injury perhaps his luck might change .Traore .a strange one FGR and here had family problems in France wanted or needed to go home waste of time .needed to be binned .

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

11 June, 2018 20:03
Wish kirby well, it’s about time his career started proper

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 03:18
Quote:
TranmereFan
+1

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 08:17
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
TranmereFan
+1

+2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net