I would like us to play
Wigan H
Blackburn H
Bury A

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Pre-season fixtures
16 May, 2018 16:04
We'll be playing Bury in the league, beat them the pre-season gone in a behind doors game 2-1 iirc.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 17:04
We always play Lairds +Heswall sometimes Marine could do Chester Southport .then Hopefully Liverpool Wigan with Cook in charge

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 18:54
Pretty sure I read the Liverpool game is already confirmed a few weeks ago

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 19:13
I'd like Wrexham for the atmosphere

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 06:54
Don’t know why, but I’m convinced we are playing Everton this year. Sure someone told me, or i dreamt it.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 07:10
We always do a bit to help the local small fry, so I can see a visit to Wrexham and Chester, and their fans love to see a bit of football league action and helps with their finances seeing a big gate

17 May, 2018 08:05
100% think Liverpool, Lairds, Heswall. Would love to see us play our friends from Eindhoven.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 08:51
How bout a nice trip to larne. I think jeff would like us to go

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 09:39
Quote:
Loyden1
How bout a nice trip to larne. I think jeff would like us to go

I'd be up for that one, wouldnt mind a sunmy afternoon at Southport if not Chester as well.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 09:46
Agree with the above, we will need a 'few more' pre-season fixtures this year as - with hopefully several new faces (predicting / expecting a 'bit of a turn over of players' now), having a bit of playing time together. If we all placed names down 'on who to go / who arrives' - the first list might contain generally the same names - the second a few surprises (plus Ollie Banks...and Monthe hopefully).

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 11:56
Quote:
Higgosboots
We always do a bit to help the local small fry, so I can see a visit to Wrexham and Chester, and their fans love to see a bit of football league action and helps with their finances seeing a big gate
LOL nice one...

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 13:12
Here’s the start....
‭⚽ PRE-SEASON | #TRFC can announce three of our pre-season friendlies for the summer of 2018

@warringtontownfc a) – Tuesday 17 July, 7:30pm
@chorleyfc (a) – Tuesday 24 July, 7:30pm
@rochdale (h) – Saturday 28 July, 3:00pm

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 22:57
Perhaps Tranmere could piggy-back on a bigger teams fixtures. I:E if Everton player a sizeable foreign club for example Ajax at home, why not give Ajax the chance to play Tranmere 2-3 days earlier at Prenton Park, even with a lesser quality of team put out like an under-23 side perhaps. The brand associated with clubs like Ajax, Borussia Monchengladbach, Marseille, Sampdoria etc would get some bums on seats, even if it was just 9 kids and a couple of bench warmers, but it might be possible that like Liverpool, those clubs would play two or three regulars, or at least two to three new signings destined for many games, so they could prep them more in match environments to develop their in-game relationships with existing players.

Tranmere hosted Everton against Celta Vigo a few years ago, but a separate match against such a team would allow for greater revenue yield, when not giving up most of the monies, bar match day revenues, to the home team.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net