football
Latest News:

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

Whither thee HKR?
15 May, 2018 22:10
As you’ll know HKR could be relied on to post a few messages on this forum on a daily basis, even in the off season. Yet after one of the most astonishing triumphs Tranmere has achieved certainly in recent times, we haven’t heard a dicky bird from him. The match was 3 days ago now. This is plain weird and TBH a bit disconcerting. What’s going on?

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: Whither thee HKR?
15 May, 2018 22:14
He was here for it, so I guess too drunk to post, then traveling back?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 22:18
I imagine he's gone awol somewhere near dusseldorf after missing a connecting flight after all the booze consumed!

Certainly made it to Wembley ok as some have spoken to him and i'm fairly certain that i saw him outside the arch before the game going past on the coach.

Hopefully he's just recovering in bed though and all is well...

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 22:21
Large headache most likely

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 22:47
Talking about ' missing people", I am travelling back down south from a day out with the Mrs in Liverpool. She wanted to do all the touristy things so we jumped on the City Explorer bus and the driver commented on my Tranmere hoody I was wearing. Apart from name dropping that his local is the same as Aldo' s and what a great bloke he is he said that one of the regular drivers is a Rovers supporter and hasn't turned up for work since going to Wembley! Now we either have a conspiracy going on and someone is slowly kidnapping the SWA or HKR and the bus driver are one and the same and HKR only thinks he lives in Hong Kong!!!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 22:59
He was there alright. I would think he suffering hangover jet lag upset stomach and upset wife !I'm sure we will hear from him tmrw.I met a guy from San Francisco in wetherspoons who met him in Hong Kong once.and was with him in London Friday nite.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 23:07
I was drinking with HKR after the match at the Green Man. He didn't have access to the Internet over here and was travelling back Monday evening. I can assume he would need time to recover including having to go to work, so I am not surprised if he hasn't made it on line yet. Be assured he is as ecstatic as us all....

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 23:57
Told you ,drunk and out cold locked in a wembley pie shop 😀

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 00:11
Hi all, got back to HK about 18 hours ago.. a bit jet lagged n drying out after knocking back pint after pint after pint of that london IPA ale, lol.. It flows down like water unlike the p*ss in the hostelries of hk..was a fantastic 4 nights/5 days back in london n wembley to see the rovers do it FANTASTIC. Great to meet up with some of the lads from the forum ( yardleys cat, 853OKG, temple road, mill park white ) and loads of other rovers lads too. Went to the pub nr euston on the friday night and met up with some of the TRFC southern supporters n mr n mrs palios turned up so I was able to have a brief chat with mark..was drinking in the green man ( with 853OKG - how was the Pembrokeshire excursion? ) and other pubs around wembley after the match and didnt get back to my hotel in paddington till the very early hours of sunday about 1 am lol.. stuffed my face with fish n chips, pie n mash etc etc. during the trip..
Got a little emotional at the final whistle and my most endearing image of the whole trip was seeing micky flying down the touchline and on to the pitch as soon as the whistle had blown BRILLIANT, right in front of me in block 142. Couldnt believe the sending off and my heart sank when it happened as did seeing that neil hair was to be the ref for the match. Woke up about 11am on the sunday and made my way to a pub in paddington for a roast beef n apple pie n custard sunday lunch. In the pub sitting next to me were a middle aged couple from wrexham ( down in london visiting their son for the weekend ) so I took great joy in telling them about our wembley triumph lol. They were a decent couple though..there were also about a dozen or so spurs fans in the pub having a pre match pint before heading up to wembley to see spurs 5-4 leicester. Got chatting to a couple of them and was telling them all about the events 24 hrs earlier. Made the catastrophic mistake of wearing brand new sports trainers for my trip and as with any new footwear the painful blisters soon appeared, luckily the vast amounts of alcohol numbed the pain a tad lol. Did a little bit of clothes shopping down oxford street n also bought a couple of blues music cds and the entire dvd box set of that classic 70s uk cop show ' the sweeney.' Every episode.lol. will keep me busy for a while watching that..anyway, back to the noise, chaos and heat n humidity of hk groan groan groan and back to work tmrw , even bigger groans lol..but the sheer joy of seeing rovers doing it will take away those hk blues..SWA TRFC.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2018 01:15 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 00:22
Back to the humdrum world of Kitchee SC matches for now.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author

16 May, 2018 00:38
Quote:
Matt34
Back to the humdrum world of Kitchee SC matches for now.

That just about sums it up, matt, lol...

MESSAGES->author

16 May, 2018 00:45
Its not just the sweeney box set that will be keeping me occupied for a while, there are tons n tons of messages on the forum that ive yet to read n peruse since arriving back in hk. I didnt get on to the forum during my time in uk. Loads of wembley stuff on you tube aswell to view plus countless loads of other bits n pieces.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 07:41
There are pictures of him and the Hong Kong fan club on Twitter posted by southern white... hkr is far left back row celebrating... he is alive and kicking as well as tired and emotional it seems

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 08:52
glad to see you made it back in one piece HKR and you met up with some of the forum lads .Love your choice of the Sweeney box set .l still watch them when on tv .you are quite famous by now ,your own fan club .please don’t let fame go to your head stay the same unassuming lad from Birkenhead and never refuse to sign autographs 😀👍

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 14:26
HKR - Have you downloaded the FREE Youtube 'Downloader / Converter' (Greentree) ?. I'm pretty sure you might find A - a whole pile of Rovers stuff, plus B - many old tv series too, out there in Youtube land - hope it's of interest (and could save your pocket as well). Really pleased for you as well, making that trip must have had your fingernails a bit shorter - it even took a couple of days to retrieve the old voice back up here. Upwards and Onwards.... (understand season ticket sales are now passed 3,000 too).

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 16:37
Glad that you are back on the forum. Was wondering if all was well !⚽⚽⚽⚽

MESSAGES->author

17 May, 2018 13:04
Quote:
WWStandsure
HKR - Have you downloaded the FREE Youtube 'Downloader / Converter' (Greentree) ?. I'm pretty sure you might find A - a whole pile of Rovers stuff, plus B - many old tv series too, out there in Youtube land - hope it's of interest (and could save your pocket as well). Really pleased for you as well, making that trip must have had your fingernails a bit shorter - it even took a couple of days to retrieve the old voice back up here. Upwards and Onwards.... (understand season ticket sales are now passed 3,000 too).

thks for that info, WW

MESSAGES->author

17 May, 2018 13:05
Quote:
Tranmere69
Glad that you are back on the forum. Was wondering if all was well !⚽⚽⚽⚽

cheers, all is well thks

MESSAGES->author

17 May, 2018 13:16
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
glad to see you made it back in one piece HKR and you met up with some of the forum lads .Love your choice of the Sweeney box set .l still watch them when on tv .you are quite famous by now ,your own fan club .please don’t let fame go to your head stay the same unassuming lad from Birkenhead and never refuse to sign autographs 😀👍

cheers fifty

MESSAGES->author

17 May, 2018 13:33
Quote:
Loyden1
He was there alright. I would think he suffering hangover jet lag upset stomach and upset wife !I'm sure we will hear from him tmrw.I met a guy from San Francisco in wetherspoons who met him in Hong Kong once.and was with him in London Friday nite.

hi loyden, its interesting u mention the rovers fan from san francisco. ive met him a couple of times in hk now, he actually comes from oxfordshire way but resides in frisco now. I think he is a regular visitor to hk but for what reason(s) he comes here, I don't really know. on the 2 occasions that I have met him, the only topic of conversation has been the rovers and nothing else, lol.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 16:14
Hkr.his name is Pete I remembered him from 40 years ago !originally from Maidenhead as a trainee guard he met the tranmere team in the 60s en route back home from a London game.they gave him autographs etc and he was hooked. Seen us on 75 grounds over the years.I

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net