football
Latest News:
 

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 11:44
Any idea why those moron bottle throwing Boredom Will never go up wood, fans have not been prosecuted or in the media to be banned?

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 12:38
Thought there was clear I d .shouldn't be hard to find in that crowd..imagine if it was one of us

 
andyc209
andyc209 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 13:06
nothing in the BW press so far!

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 13:42
Something tells me if it was Tranmere fans that did it, it would make the headlines

 
stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 14:06
I was thinking the same. Had we not won would the game have been replayed as our player was concussed and we were forced to make a substitution.
I've not seen a thing on the net regarding this incident, if it was in a prem game the club would have been heavily fined and the fan banned for life, you can see who threw it from the TV coverage.

 
Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 18:21
I have it on good authority (from a source at Wembley) that BT had informed security that they had the offender on film.

 
nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 20:55
Yes it was weird that the media didn’t kick up a storm about it to sell copies. There’s been diddlysquat about it. Even the governing body seem unconcerned. Weird.

 
Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 21:13
Boreham Wood have a long history of this kind of behaviour going back years. In part following an example of their Chairman. It is no surprise there is little love for them, particularly when they don't share their video footage with other clubs.

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 23:05
I was speaking to a coupla cops while waiting for the presentation they said glad we won cos wood were a horrible lot at Sutton the week before. I do hope that incident is followed up.

 
bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 23:23
Imagine if it had been the Ebbsfleet goalie that got hit then the match probably would have been abandoned

 
MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
16 May, 2018 10:22
Danny lloyd of peterborough and coddington of wrexham had bottles thrown at them from our kop. Don't know what goes through people's heads when they do it i really don't, you're getting a big ban if caught not to mention the criminal charges

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
16 May, 2018 15:57
The ref collected the bottles and gave them to someone ,so it has to go down in his match report very much like the paper planes etc thrown at the Ebbsfeet keeper ,all been reported interesting to see what happens

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
17 May, 2018 19:21
Just seen a bottle thrower on a video on twitter clear picture and it's a girl !don't know how to share sorry

 
Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
17 May, 2018 19:31
Quote:
Loyden1
Just seen a bottle thrower on a video on twitter clear picture and it's a girl !don't know how to share sorry

Just copy what is in the address bar and paste on here.

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
17 May, 2018 20:34
Sorry yiggsy lost were I seen it have wait to see if the guy I followed follows me back .I'm hopeless with techno stuff

 
nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
17 May, 2018 20:39
I don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl or a visiting alien from outer space. Throw the book at her. Life ban if individual is identified and heavy financial penalty to Borehamwood for not controlling their fans.

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
17 May, 2018 23:42
Ban the person for life from all grounds.

I admit at the time though when it was thrown and Norwood picked it up to show the ref, I did wonder if he was going to take a cheeky swig from it, as it still had dregs in it, but he showed his class and didn't.

If the English society was not based on democracy, the perpetrator could be forced to go outside and be pelted with bottles, akin to the stoning's of olden days.

However that is an option the law does not afford the righteous, but if justice prevails the person will be banned for life from football grounds and maybe even a custodial sentence, or at least some community service.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
18 May, 2018 08:27
It's simply a criminal act. I'm sure we'd all be just as angry if it was one of our own that did it.

Imagine if you threw a bottle at a stranger in the street. You'd definitely be flirting with the possibility of a brief spell behind bars. I understand it was thrown hard enough to cause concussion.

Imagine you did it in the presence of the police, officials, dozens of witnesses, and in front of the TV cameras.

I'm surprised there's no news of arrest. I don't see where the difficulty lies.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
02 June, 2018 13:29
any news on this? just seen the incident on the full match you tube clip posted by Ming05.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
02 June, 2018 13:32
Quote:
hong kong rover
any news on this? just seen the incident on the full match you tube clip posted by Ming05.


It seems to have been swept under the carpet as if it had never happened.

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
02 June, 2018 16:47
Crazy isn’t it?? Makes no sense at all! Annoying really! He had to be subbed as well because of it!

 
rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
02 June, 2018 18:04
I agree with the sentiments but highly doubt Gino went off because of that incident.

It was 28mins later when he went off for one thing.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 11:45
It has to be said ,the ref threatened to call the Ebbsfeet game of if our kop did not stop throwing stuff onto the pitch granted it was not bottles but the game had to be stopped and a warning over the tannoy was issued .nothing from that either could have been a hefty fine just saying ,people in glass houses should not throw stones (nor bottles or paper planes )

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 15:36
So much for the Wembley security at the Borehamwood end of the stadium! How was that bottle throwing idiot allowed to get a glass bottle into the stadium? I was carrying a day bag with me at Wembley and as soon as i had entered thru the turnstile i was asked to open my bag by a security official so that he could check its contents. surely there must be clear surveillance footage for an arrest to be made. that borehamwood lunatic should never be allowed to set foot inside any sports stadium ever again.

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 17:23
Quote:
hong kong rover
So much for the Wembley security at the Borehamwood end of the stadium! How was that bottle throwing idiot allowed to get a glass bottle into the stadium? I was carrying a day bag with me at Wembley and as soon as i had entered thru the turnstile i was asked to open my bag by a security official so that he could check its contents. surely there must be clear surveillance footage for an arrest to be made. that borehamwood lunatic should never be allowed to set foot inside any sports stadium ever again.

I’m intrigued as to what you keep in your day bag now.? 😅

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 17:29
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
hong kong rover
So much for the Wembley security at the Borehamwood end of the stadium! How was that bottle throwing idiot allowed to get a glass bottle into the stadium? I was carrying a day bag with me at Wembley and as soon as i had entered thru the turnstile i was asked to open my bag by a security official so that he could check its contents. surely there must be clear surveillance footage for an arrest to be made. that borehamwood lunatic should never be allowed to set foot inside any sports stadium ever again.

I’m intrigued as to what you keep in your day bag now.? 😅

lol, the matchday programme, my spectacles, my camera, 2 packs of ciggies, a newspaper, my TRFC scarf, some pound sterling and some HK dollars, packet of mints and I might have had my passport in there too

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 17:31
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
hong kong rover
So much for the Wembley security at the Borehamwood end of the stadium! How was that bottle throwing idiot allowed to get a glass bottle into the stadium? I was carrying a day bag with me at Wembley and as soon as i had entered thru the turnstile i was asked to open my bag by a security official so that he could check its contents. surely there must be clear surveillance footage for an arrest to be made. that borehamwood lunatic should never be allowed to set foot inside any sports stadium ever again.

I’m intrigued as to what you keep in your day bag now.? 😅

lol, the matchday program
me, my spectacles, my camera, 2 packs of ciggies, a newspaper, my TRFC scarf, some pound sterling and some HK dollars, packet of mints and I might have had my passport in there too

Thanks for that, I feel better now. That’s a well equipped bag you have there. 😃

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 20:09
Waiting for 50 to ask if you kept 3or4 steak and kidney pies in it.!

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 20:38
The person I was with had a bottle of water in his bag that was not found in the ''security'' search.

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 20:42
Quote:
Hoots Mon
The person I was with had a bottle of water in his bag that was not found in the ''security'' search.

Did he spend the rest of the game with a wry smirk upon his face?

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 21:51
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Hoots Mon
The person I was with had a bottle of water in his bag that was not found in the ''security'' search.

Did he spend the rest of the game with a wry smirk upon his face?

No .He drank it

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
07 June, 2018 23:20
I was really tempted Loyden to suggest HKR had pies in his bag ,but realised a bag would not have been big enough ,now if he had gone in with a suitcase ! 😀

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 04:05
I’m thinking it’s been brushed under the carpet as it happened at the national stadium and the FA wouldn’t want any bad publicity about the shocking security?

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 06:12
Quote:
TranmereFan
I’m thinking it’s been brushed under the carpet as it happened at the national stadium and the FA wouldn’t want any bad publicity about the shocking security?

good point tranmere fan..and what makes it even worse is that it wasnt just the one bottle that was thrown. there could be 2 or 3 individuals responsible and they shouldnt be difficult to identify. we live in a world of surveillance nowadays.

 
mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 07:16
There's no conspiracy, lol.

Even if someone was arrested it's hardly going to make the news.

It might in Birkenhead but not in London.

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 08:29
I’m not so sure, as it actually hit a player on the pitch on the head. Don’t matter if it’s london?

 
mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 08:50
yeah its more the idea that the FA have prevented the police from investigating / the press from reporting the event as it would cause them embarrassment that i'm skewering.

we sound like man city or liverpool fans going down the foil hat route. not a good look.

have you read blue moon recently?

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 10:15
Well there is countless newspaper articles at grounds up and down the country of fans throwing bottles, on the pitch, just search goggle. What’s your reasoning that this didn’t make the paper? You sticking with the “cos it’s london” line?

 
mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 10:53
Because they havent arrested anyone?

You have missed the story?

Or maybe the FA have coerced the press and metropolitan police into keeping a minor incident in a non league game out of the national press to prevent a national scandal.

lol.

 
Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 11:03
They might be waiting for 6 months and do a morning raid on the house hopefully before the milkman has left any weapons on the doorstep.

 
dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 11:31
Ref should have put a pair of surgical gloves on to preserve DNA .They will probably end up arresting Neil Hair for the incident (not Ridehalgh)

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
08 June, 2018 11:41
Well going all the way to the PM with this one.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?