football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 11:44
Any idea why those moron bottle throwing Boredom Will never go up wood, fans have not been prosecuted or in the media to be banned?

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: The bottle thrower
15 May, 2018 12:38
Thought there was clear I d .shouldn't be hard to find in that crowd..imagine if it was one of us

andyc209
andyc209 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 13:06
nothing in the BW press so far!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 13:42
Something tells me if it was Tranmere fans that did it, it would make the headlines

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 14:06
I was thinking the same. Had we not won would the game have been replayed as our player was concussed and we were forced to make a substitution.
I've not seen a thing on the net regarding this incident, if it was in a prem game the club would have been heavily fined and the fan banned for life, you can see who threw it from the TV coverage.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 18:21
I have it on good authority (from a source at Wembley) that BT had informed security that they had the offender on film.

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 20:55
Yes it was weird that the media didn’t kick up a storm about it to sell copies. There’s been diddlysquat about it. Even the governing body seem unconcerned. Weird.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 21:13
Boreham Wood have a long history of this kind of behaviour going back years. In part following an example of their Chairman. It is no surprise there is little love for them, particularly when they don't share their video footage with other clubs.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 23:05
I was speaking to a coupla cops while waiting for the presentation they said glad we won cos wood were a horrible lot at Sutton the week before. I do hope that incident is followed up.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 23:23
Imagine if it had been the Ebbsfleet goalie that got hit then the match probably would have been abandoned

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 10:22
Danny lloyd of peterborough and coddington of wrexham had bottles thrown at them from our kop. Don't know what goes through people's heads when they do it i really don't, you're getting a big ban if caught not to mention the criminal charges

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 15:57
The ref collected the bottles and gave them to someone ,so it has to go down in his match report very much like the paper planes etc thrown at the Ebbsfeet keeper ,all been reported interesting to see what happens

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 19:21
Just seen a bottle thrower on a video on twitter clear picture and it's a girl !don't know how to share sorry

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 19:31
Quote:
Loyden1
Just seen a bottle thrower on a video on twitter clear picture and it's a girl !don't know how to share sorry

Just copy what is in the address bar and paste on here.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 20:34
Sorry yiggsy lost were I seen it have wait to see if the guy I followed follows me back .I'm hopeless with techno stuff

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 20:39
I don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl or a visiting alien from outer space. Throw the book at her. Life ban if individual is identified and heavy financial penalty to Borehamwood for not controlling their fans.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 23:42
Ban the person for life from all grounds.

I admit at the time though when it was thrown and Norwood picked it up to show the ref, I did wonder if he was going to take a cheeky swig from it, as it still had dregs in it, but he showed his class and didn't.

If the English society was not based on democracy, the perpetrator could be forced to go outside and be pelted with bottles, akin to the stoning's of olden days.

However that is an option the law does not afford the righteous, but if justice prevails the person will be banned for life from football grounds and maybe even a custodial sentence, or at least some community service.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 08:27
It's simply a criminal act. I'm sure we'd all be just as angry if it was one of our own that did it.

Imagine if you threw a bottle at a stranger in the street. You'd definitely be flirting with the possibility of a brief spell behind bars. I understand it was thrown hard enough to cause concussion.

Imagine you did it in the presence of the police, officials, dozens of witnesses, and in front of the TV cameras.

I'm surprised there's no news of arrest. I don't see where the difficulty lies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net