football
Latest News:

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

Just the best
14 May, 2018 06:34
I can not think of many days that will beat Saturdays feeling of elation on the final whistle jumping for Joy with my son who was near to tears who has TRFC in veins.Then a Wembley hug and photo with the man who stood three feet away from me all game HKR.

Keep the Faith

Durban Super White
Durban Super White (IP Logged)

Re: Just the best
14 May, 2018 09:12
Mate, any chance of putting that photo on the board?

Durban Super White
Durban Super White (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 09:35
Like most of you I have had a long and tortuous existence as a TFRFC fan. I have however never doubted my loyalty and love for the club. I have accepted the taunts of the thousands of plastic Manure, LFC, Arsenal and Chelsea fans, knowing that they just do not have the passion in their hearts. One day things had to turn for the better.

Saturday was that day. I felt sick to the stomach the whole day. I was working through all the bad things that could happen in my mind. Listening to the match commentary was the ultimate torture. My wife and kids hid in other rooms and only came out to hear why I was screaming like a mad man. Never again would I like to have another 112 minutes like that. My heart just wont take it. At the final whistle I was too drained to jump around. I just cried like a baby. My wife knows the story and she comforted me. My kids thought that it was hilarious to see their 48 year old Dad crying. 38 years of emotion came out. I could not wait to see footage of the game and more importantly the Super White Army in full voice. When I saw that I cried again. Unbridled joy.... I tell you. A couple of double whiskys calmed me down a bit and I started to relax. My Mates know my passion for Rovers and the congratulatory calls were a pleasure. After all how many calls of commiseration have there been in the past. Onwards and upwards I say. 3 or 4 decent acquisitions and I think that we can make an impression on League 2. I am thrilled that we are back and that I can stop explaining the National League to people.

My Dad is visiting his sisters in the UK at the moment. My order has been placed and I look forward to him collecting my precious home kit. It will be proudly worn on the streets of Durban. In this far flung outpost there is a rabid Tranmere Rovers fan bragging to anyone who will listen.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 09:52
Quote:
Durban Super White
Like most of you I have had a long and tortuous existence as a TFRFC fan. I have however never doubted my loyalty and love for the club. I have accepted the taunts of the thousands of plastic Manure, LFC, Arsenal and Chelsea fans, knowing that they just do not have the passion in their hearts. One day things had to turn for the better.
Saturday was that day. I felt sick to the stomach the whole day. I was working through all the bad things that could happen in my mind. Listening to the match commentary was the ultimate torture. My wife and kids hid in other rooms and only came out to hear why I was screaming like a mad man. Never again would I like to have another 112 minutes like that. My heart just wont take it. At the final whistle I was too drained to jump around. I just cried like a baby. My wife knows the story and she comforted me. My kids thought that it was hilarious to see their 48 year old Dad crying. 38 years of emotion came out. I could not wait to see footage of the game and more importantly the Super White Army in full voice. When I saw that I cried again. Unbridled joy.... I tell you. A couple of double whiskys calmed me down a bit and I started to relax. My Mates know my passion for Rovers and the congratulatory calls were a pleasure. After all how many calls of commiseration have there been in the past. Onwards and upwards I say. 3 or 4 decent acquisitions and I think that we can make an impression on League 2. I am thrilled that we are back and that I can stop explaining the National League to people.

My Dad is visiting his sisters in the UK at the moment. My order has been placed and I look forward to him collecting my precious home kit. It will be proudly worn on the streets of Durban. In this far flung outpost there is a rabid Tranmere Rovers fan bragging to anyone who will listen.

Great post, I've still got a headache from Saturday, and the voice is struggling, emotionally drained.

shankstheman
shankstheman (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 15:10
There have been some massive turning points in the history of Tranmere Rovers since I started supporting them. For me mainly our appearance in the centenary finals, the defeat of Exeter to stay in the league, beating Bolton in the play off final and beating Boreham Wood on Saturday. All occasions brought me to tears of joy but Saturday I shared these tears of joy with my 2 beloved sons. I often tell them of my many highs as a Tranmere supporter but not too often the lows. On Saturday I was so proud to here both of my sons all the way home wax lyrical of probably their first high as a Tranmere supporter. May they both have many more to come because from the centenary finals things were never the same for a good few years, may this high continue for many a good few years.

'Respect to the team of 2018'

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 15:32
About 12,500 at Wembley felt just like you DSW, At 81 and 95 mins grown men jumping around like kids - BRILLIANT, and I was one of them (@65), no one could write a wonderful drama like that with a perfect 'fairy tale' ending. Think I only slept Saturday night as drained emotion took over, now Monday here and the voice is still hoarse. P.S. that so called ref was one toss bag - NINE mins over at half time (should have been SIX and they wouldn't have scored...), and Five mins at the end, It should have only been ONE). Enjoy it on Youtube (in a couple of days), over and over again... Great Post.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 17:14
Love the post DSW and every one else who is opening their hearts; brilliant stuff and keep them coming. Saturday still brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it. My son's first words travelling back on the coach "Can we pre-order FIFA 19"; he's already bought Monthe who's still on FGR's books!

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 19:59
In nearly 60 years of watching Rovers, I've never experienced scenes like the ones at the end of Saturday's game.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 20:32
Likewise, I have experienced all the highs and lows of of the last68 years but Saturday was different. All the other highs were about gaining something,promotion to the old third division,promotion to the old first, gaining a gaint killing result.
But Saturday was not about gaing but regaining.Regaining that once all too easily taken for granted status of the football league.It was the regaining of our heritage and with it our communal pride and identity.
A final,and I think unique element on Saturday,was that with all the misfortunes on the field it was one of those rare times where it truly felt that the crowd made a difference as players and supporters shared a mutual passion and thirst for success.It was a bond that has almost disappeared from the game at the highest level and it was both emotional and inspiring.The outside world will cynically laugh at that,dismissing it as a game for the minnows.Let them we do not need the affirmation of others to know what it meant .We were there and the old will relish it and the young will be sustained by its memory in years to come

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 20:41 by DevonExile.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 21:02
Quote:
DevonExile
Likewise, I have experienced all the highs and lows of of the last68 years but Saturday was different. All the other highs were about gaining something,promotion to the old third division,promotion to the old first, gaining a gaint killing result.
But Saturday was not about gaing but regaining.Regaining that once all too easily taken for granted status of the football league.It was the regaining of our heritage and with it our communal pride and identity.

Nicely put.
Another factor in all the emotion, a bit different to all the other high-stress, high-stakes matches we've been in over the years, is that defeat would have felt disastrous - probably worse than getting relegated into non-league in the first place. Defeat was simply not an option, it couldn't be allowed to happen, no matter what the footballing gods threw at us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 21:04 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 09:52
Yes truly amazing emotions .the SWA lmmense .Norwood said they all talked on the coach on the way down that there was no way they were going to lose the game .what a contrast from last year .i used to believe going to Wembley and losing did not make a difference if you went back the next year ,but I see now it does ,first time the hype .distractions .in awe .second time around it’s ok ,seen it done it ,let’s focus on the game .i suspect if the wood go back next year they will win it .but the best of all for me is the way the fans have got behind the team and the club in General .its great to see so many women and young kids going to Tranmere .when I first went in 1949 not a women in sight ,not even in the tea van ,r and as we all know once you start going there is no escape .best atmosphere since the halcyon days of Johnny King .and a real big thanks to the Palios’s for stepping in when they did god knows what might have happened if they had not

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net