football
Latest News:

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Mark and Nicola
13 May, 2018 23:13
Thank you both for bringing this club back from the depths.

It was absolutely fantastic to be able to come up and shake both your hands today outside the club shop.

I watched Mark play back in the 70s and he was class. Didn't see Nicola play but I bet she would have been a scoundrel around the pitch!

You two have brought this club back from the dead.

When I was growing up I used to come to Rovers on a Friday night with my dad and my big brother from the Prenton Estate... up the hill and down the hill. Sucking on the railings in the Cowsheds. We won some and lost some but always flattered to deceive and there was always the call of those other two teams across the Mersey.

I am so proud to come from Birkenhead and support this club and be amongst fellow Birkonians and Wirralians who feel the same. I have lived away from here but now I am back (well not far away) and can't believe how lucky I am to be part of this.

Mark signed my final ticket and I wanted Nicola to sign it as well but she was chatting to another fan at the time.

Thank you both sincerely.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Mark and Nicola
13 May, 2018 23:24
Well said

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

Re: Mark and Nicola
14 May, 2018 15:20
Well said Yiggsy. I feel most fans will echo your comments. Tremendous achievement and one cannot thank Mark and Nicola enough - you two made about twelve thousand fans at Wembley (and many more thousands back home and others further afield too), ECSTATICALLY Happy and Proud to support our home team. All your endeavours have meant so much to so many of us over these past few years. I renewed my season ticket weeks ago (understand the count has passed 3,000 now), as I feel that all the work you have both been involved with is helping to boost the recognition of Wirral. Well Done and Good Luck for the Future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net