football
Latest News:

Rovers90
Rovers90 (IP Logged)

League Two
13 May, 2018 12:39
First off, Thank @#$%&. 3 years dealing with the NL, note to the club let’s never ever head back there again!

Anyway let’s look ahead looking at the clubs within League 2 is there any reason why we shouldn’t be aiming for back to back promotions? Obviously have to respect the League and the teams already in there but with MP stating in the past that we would have a budget to compete in League 2. Would anyone be surprised if we actually went on and got ourselves into league 1?

Cheers everyone

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: League Two
13 May, 2018 13:17
If we recruit properly we have an outside chance of playoff’s. But in the main I will look forward to:

games against out traditional old foes like Oldham, Bury, Swindon, Cambridge, Grimsby.
The League Cup
The FA Cup first round
Seeing Tranmere on the scroll bar of Sky Sports on Good Morning Sports Fans

I will hope for:
A Wembley trip next season in the Leyland Daf Cup (I will never leave 1990 in that respect)
An extra 3 games come May

I will be happy with 22nd place, but think we will do much better.

Time for the club and manager to take stock keep the pressure off and plan for the next 5 years. First order of business retain, Cook, Jennings, Norwood, Norburn, Cole, Buxton on extended deals. Offer McNulty a year (got the impression he may retire). Get Tollit properly fit, try to sign Manny.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 13:33
Let us not forget we are also back on Fifa soccer 👍

SeeJayKay
SeeJayKay (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 13:54
When do the fixtures come out?

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 14:23
I'd like to see Zoom back as LB and not unrealistic now, heard a strange rumour yesterday that if we stayed down cook would stay and if we go up he'd leave.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 14:53
Quote:
Hardly Irons
I'd like to see Zoom back as LB and not unrealistic now, heard a strange rumour yesterday that if we stayed down cook would stay and if we go up he'd leave.
Where is Zoom now ? Didn't he leave us for Leicester ? I take it he wasn't part of their Premiership winning squad .

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 15:02
Quote:
Hardly Irons

Other way round

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 15:18
I would not want any old players back.Zoom was yesterday.As Lincoln have shown it is possible to challenge for promotion but they had the bonus of a jackpot cup run. We need to be patient.MP is a builder and I suspect that he recognises that the implications of promotion means as much restructuring as when we were relegated.Teams like Exeter Whcombe and Accrington all demonstrate the you can succeed in Div 2 on low gates.All have done well by building and it is not coincidence that all have had management stability.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 15:28
MP made it clear in recent interview that we should find Div. 2 easier in some respects and the intention is to get successive promotions. Hope so.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 16:34
Quote:
Higgosboots
If we recruit properly we have an outside chance of playoff’s. But in the main I will look forward to:
games against out traditional old foes like Oldham, Bury, Swindon, Cambridge, Grimsby.
The League Cup
The FA Cup first round
Seeing Tranmere on the scroll bar of Sky Sports on Good Morning Sports Fans

I will hope for:
A Wembley trip next season in the Leyland Daf Cup (I will never leave 1990 in that respect)
An extra 3 games come May

I will be happy with 22nd place, but think we will do much better.

Time for the club and manager to take stock keep the pressure off and plan for the next 5 years. First order of business retain, Cook, Jennings, Norwood, Norburn, Cole, Buxton on extended deals. Offer McNulty a year (got the impression he may retire). Get Tollit properly fit, try to sign Manny.

And reports of the games in the papers!!!!

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 17:52
Fixtures out second week of June usually

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 18:21
Part of me will me will miss this league, the fans mostly where a honest bunch who followed proper football unlike certain others supporters of other higher up teams. Was tough and good we got out before having to play teams like salford , but was mostly hard fought honest games taking away the time wasting and hoofing of players.
Enjoy the summer and 4 weeks find out who first game will be , I want macc at home

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 18:36
Yes in a perverse way I will miss the National League for as above reasons and as we won many games in the 3years you get a winning mentality .as the biggest club a lot of attention as well and of course being on tv so was not all bad .its going to be really hard to escape from it’s getting a better standard of football not much different than League 1 I still think it’s a disgrace only one team gets automatic promotion

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 18:40
I changed my mind on that one about 5.00pm yesterday

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 18:54
I've preferred these three years in none league more than any of our league 1 years and that flying visit to league 2.

It's been nice being the big fish... however...had yesterday not gone our way I'm not sure how many more years the fans could take.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 18:55
I think Zoom is still at Crewe, he lives on Wirral still

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 19:44
Quote:
trfc-boi

Checked his wiki and he was released last week. I'm not the usual rose tinted glasses person but he was absolute class and was too good for us to keep hold of when we dropped.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 21:24
Agreed we've had some good times in the national league but yes so glad to get back to the football league

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 23:33
Quote:
kennyspint
Agreed we've had some good times in the national league but yes so glad to get back to the football league

I will miss sub zero snow bound grounds with teams "funded" by Arsenal. And cheap beer in nearby pubs.

Oh hang on.

4ever_Yardley
4ever_Yardley (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 23:47
Living in the south east there have been lots of away games for me during our exile and far fewer next season. I'm not complaining! It's been 'interesting' to say the least. Changing ends at half time at Welling will be an abiding memory.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 13:15
I will remember the many grounds where the opposition supporters were genuinely friendly yet totally enthusiastic about their team.I hope the positive influence of that will stay with out supporters for ad Saturday showed total passion does not need hostility towards opponents.
I will miss the high profile coverage of BT where the balance between hig clubs and smaller fry is far better than Sky and its perpetuation of false values.
Like others I will miss the very high ratio of wins over the last three years we threw into contrast the seasons of struggle as we de lined long before the league trapped door opened.

I will miss scouring the Non League Paper with its well balanced and inclusive reporting.

I will not miss having to.look in the small print of so many national papers to find our score.I will enjoy a free pass to the FA cup first round.
But most of all I will enjoy the ending of that feeling that we had lost dispossessed of our heritage.
Most of all I shall continue to enjoy the new dawn that started when MP took over the club and which was endorsed on Sarurday.We may struggle at times next year but whilst MP is there we will continue to travel in the right direction and that matters far more than day to day results_ No club thrives on the absence of hope

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 13:48 by DevonExile.

14 May, 2018 13:25
Looking forward to my son and my prematch tradition of guessing how many away coaches they would bring, rather than for the last three seasons, how many away fans there were going to be.. I was closest for the Gateshead match. My guess 25 , 20 actual!!

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 18:10
Quote:
DevonExile
I will remember the many grounds where the opposition supporters were genuinely friendly yet totally enthusiastic about their team.I hope the positive influence of that will stay with out supporters for ad Saturday showed total passion does not need hostility towards opponents.
I will miss the high profile coverage of BT where the balance between hig clubs and smaller fry is far better than Sky and its perpetuation of false values.
Like others I will miss the very high ratio of wins over the last three years we threw into contrast the seasons of struggle as we de lined long before the league trapped door opened.

I will miss scouring the Non League Paper with its
well balanced and inclusive reporting.

I will not miss having to.look in the small print of so many national papers to find our score.I will enjoy a free pass to the FA cup first round.
But most of all I will enjoy the ending of that feeling that we had lost dispossessed of our heritage.
Most of all I shall continue to enjoy the new dawn that started when MP took over the club and which was endorsed on Sarurday.We may struggle at times next year but whilst MP is there we will continue to travel in the right direction and that matters far more than day to day results_ No club thrives on the absence of hope

I cannot disagree with any of that. I did enjoy grounds where you could 'change ends' as well. And just being able to have a civilised conversation with supporters of opponents. And being one of the few to see Alabi score a handful of goals in one match, even if it was preseason

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 20:27
It'll feel weird seeing Brabin back in a dugout at Prenton Park next season when Port Vale visit us. Sure he'll get a few comments from the Paddock!

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 21:14
Don't want any old has beens back here. That was part of the problem of why we lost our league place... stick to the plan

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 09:46
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
trfc-boi

Checked his wiki and he was released last week. I'm not the usual rose tinted glasses person but he was absolute class and was too good for us to keep hold of when we dropped.

Zoom was great when he was here, but if he's still good enough, why did Crewe release him?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

16 May, 2018 06:40
No more has beens thanks no more players who were here when were @#$%&, no promising lads from the NL onwards and upwards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net