football
Latest News:

GRTourist
GRTourist (IP Logged)

Match Report and Photos from Promotion Final
13 May, 2018 00:56
Hi all,

Apologies for the intrusion, I was at Wembley as a photographer together, and have put together this match report/match photos combo. Hopefully some of you find it interesting.

Congratulations on a fantastic season and well deserved win today - best of luck in the Football League.

Match Report

Regards,

GRTourist

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Re: Match Report and Photos from Promotion Final
13 May, 2018 07:46
Nice one.Thanks for the details.

For most of us it was a blur of emotion. Despair after Rides got sent off... Joy when Cookie nodded home,, and then unremitting tension to see if we could hold on with 10 and then the slough of despondency when they scored in the 10th minute of injury time at the end of the first half.

Then all I remember is Nors leaping like a salmon and the ball nestling in the corner of the net... I don't normally hug 16 stone bearded blokes who I don't know but this one was a Rovers fan and he was there in front of me and we couldn't help it with the shared emotion.

What a day, what a day, what a day... thankfully I didn't get his mobile number so we can't resume the relationship but right there, right then, we had a moment!! winking smiley

panichat
panichat (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 07:51
Thanks, I really enjoyed reading that. An excellent report.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 08:06
A nice write up. However PLEASE NOTE we are not scousers we are from Birkenhead. 👍☀️

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 08:30
You can keep your two Cathedrals,
You can keep your Pier Head,
We're not scousers, We're from Birkenhead,
Tranmere, Tranmere,
We're the famous Tranmere Rovers
And we come from Birkenhead

GRTourist
GRTourist (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 09:14
Duly noted and amended! Apologies for painting too broad with the Scouse brush!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 09:16
Quote:
Yiggsy
For most of us it was a blur of emotion. Despair after Rides got sent off... Joy when Cookie nodded home,, and then unremitting tension to see if we could hold on with 10 and then the slough of despondency when they scored in the 10th minute of injury time at the end of the first half.

Then all I remember is Nors leaping like a salmon and the ball nestling in the corner of the net... I don't normally hug 16 stone bearded blokes who I don't know but this one was a Rovers fan and he was there in front of me and we couldn't help it with the shared emotion.

What a day, what a day, what a day... thankfully I didn't get his mobile number so we can't resume the relationship but right there, right then, we had a moment!! winking smiley

Highten emotions can make us do strange things in any given moment, and what a day that was yesterday, talk about emotional rollercoaster from start to finish, but as long as you didnt wake up with a sore @#$%& this morning your fine Yiggsy (Sm151)

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

nlrover
nlrover (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 09:27
Yiggsy I think I may be the 'bearded bloke' haha.
I was with my 2 kids, block 134 row 10 behind the goal.
Funny if it was.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 13:50
Quote:
nlrover
Yiggsy I think I may be the 'bearded bloke' haha.
I was with my 2 kids, block 134 row 10 behind the goal.
Funny if it was.

LOL... We were on the back row of the lower tier behind the goal just to the right (133 or 134 as we never found our proper seats).

Might have been you but other 16 stone bearded blokes were available!!! ;D

GRTourist
GRTourist (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 21:11
Here's a full photo album from the match. You may be able to see yourself in here:

[flic.kr]

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 21:59
Quality photos 👍

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 22:22
Superb photos lad. A lot of the emotion captured. Great job but it seems that you were at the wrong end for the second half! Thanks

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 23:04
Quote:
Yiggsy

Don't worry Yiggsy, I'd suggest that anyone who didn't hug a stranger when Nors scored, or at the final whistle, should be apologetic, it was going on everywhere! My only concern now is that. we won't experience such a high again; here's hoping I'm wrong on that one!
Back on subject, enjoyed the report and reliving the experience. I'm absolutely shattered, but I'm sure the adrenaline rush I still have will get me up and through work tomorrow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net