football
Latest News:

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

Tranmere vs Borehamwood Team News
09 May, 2018 10:53
On Roversrearguard it says that buxton maybe a doubt for this saturday, fingers crossed he will be ok, if not then Jay Harris or Manny Monthe will replace him.
Josh Ginnelly should be okay as he went off with cramp, although there were some concerns he was holding his hamstring when he came off.
Connor Jennings is also in contention again after spending the last few days training.
He did a light session with the rest of the squad on Friday and it is hoped he will be able to step-up and regain fitness levels to at least make the bench on Saturday.
it also say "Rovers appear to have decent strength heading in to the National League’s showpiece event. Ben Tollitt is a long-term absentee, though James Wallace is fit and available again should he be needed."

as for Boreham Wood

Wood’s star trio all face doubts over their fitness coming in to this one. Striker Morgan Ferrier had been in fine form since joining from Dagenham earlier this season, however, he has missed the last couple of games through injury.

Boreham Wood manager Luke Garrard suggested the player may be able to be available in the squad this Saturday even if he required an injection to get through the game.

Portuguese winder Bruno Andrade is also a huge threat, though he was withdrawn late on in the semi-final with Sutton on Sunday. Angelo Balanta was pretty much in the same boat, with each player appearing to have hamstring injuries.

Balanta’s looked the worst, however, Garrard said after the game that both players had merely been suffering with cramp and would be fine for the Play-Off Final.

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmere vs Borehamwood Team News
09 May, 2018 12:50
It certainly looked like cramp rather than something serious as both their players joined in the post match celebration.
For us Wallace would be a last resort or a late sub as he is far from match sharp and untested in terms of breaking down.Harris for all his foibles is a better bet but I hope it is in midfield rather than full back.Buxton from dead all situations is so useful and his physical presence is a bonus

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

10 May, 2018 18:00
Source from [www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk]

Team News
Jamie Turley, Morgan Ferrier and Kane Smith all missed the tie against Sutton United on Thursday, but Luke Garrard expects to have two of the three available, following a week of preparation.
Form Guide
Boreham Wood continued their incredible season, by defeating Sutton United 3-2 away last Saturday, in the play-off semi-final.
The victory will take the Wood to Wembley for the first time in their 70-year history, where they could win promotion to the Football League.

From the Dugout – Luke Garrard
“The players are echoing what my thoughts are; it is a promotion final game, that just so happens to be at Wembley.
“I keep saying it, but we are 90 minutes, 120 minutes, a penalty shootout, away from the Football League. That is my aim and that is my focus and my emotions are in check.
“I have done a lot of work – not any more than I normally would – and I have watched three or four of their games and spoken to a few managers about where they feel their threats are.
“They have got strength in depth across the board and they are a big team; they are a massive team at this level and they have ambitions to get back into the league and quite rightly, because their fan base suggests they are a league side.
“But, we possess a threat and we have got great quality. I went through where we feel they are going to cause us problems, and where we need to nullify them, but I finished with 95 clips of what we have done this season in terms of how we cause teams problems.
“Yeah, we are doing our homework on Tranmere, but I can imagine that they are fearful of Morgan Ferrier, Michael Folivi, Bruno Andrade and Angelo Balanta, to name just a few offensively.
“I have got to be honest, our following is unbelievable and when they start singing, I think that they out sing anyone in the National League.
“To do that is a very proud moment, but, we are not finished and I do not want to live on that.
“We had an aim to get out of this league and at the minute we are on track. We go there on Saturday with the focus and the mentality to put that into plan.”

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

10 May, 2018 19:37
Presumably there isn't a financial fair play in NL? It seems very odd that a team with 500 people or so a week support level can afford to exist.... Much as I admire their achievement thus far

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

10 May, 2018 20:21
Think arsenal subsidise them somehow

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

11 May, 2018 07:09
“I have got to be honest, our following is unbelievable and when they start singing, I think that they out sing anyone in the National League.”

Is he having a laugh? On Saturday their will be around 10k rovers supporters and 1500-2k (guess) of them. Wembley will look deserted, their will be no atmosphere. But numbers suggest that they won’t be out singing us.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

11 May, 2018 07:23
I see we had sold 8300 as of yesterday. It would be very interesting to know what the woods sales are. Don’t care if there is only 10k of us and 1k of then. The excitement will take over and we will create our own atmosphere. Can’t wait, but know when the whistle blows the nerves will take over from the excitement. Unless we are 3 up after 10 minuets, I’m not sure how much I’m going to enjoy the game itself.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

11 May, 2018 09:05
There wer 18800 people at Wembley last year covering both sets of supporters and the Company Freebee Brigade.

Warning Rain now forecast from 14:00 for whole game! Take your anoraks.

Sorry HKR, BBC website had wrong 7 day forecast for wembley. This could turn the game into a bit of a lottery

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

12 May, 2018 18:16

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

12 May, 2018 18:24
James Norwood = LEGEND

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net