football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

FAO Loyden, Tranmere Fan and anyone else that fancies a pre-match pint
07 May, 2018 15:47
Last year when I came back, Yardleys Cat very kindly sorted me out with my ticket for the match and I met him at Midday at a pub called 'The Arch.' Yardleys drove down on the day of the game and he can park his car very near to The Arch pub. Its very close to the stadium, only a 5 to 10 min walk and its just as close to the stadium as what the the Green Man pub is. The Green Man is on the west side of the stadium and The Arch is on the South West side of the stadium at 324 Harrow Road. ( U can check it out on google maps... ) Anyway, ive arranged with Yardleys to meet up exactly as last year at The Arch pub about Midday, he is driving down again. I will get there about 11:30am. If u fancy it, let me know cheers. We can always go up to the Green Man after a pint or two at the Arch or go to the Green Man after the game.. Last year, I was so gutted and left the stadium immediately after the final whistle, jumped on the tube and trudged back to my digs in Paddington, but this year, win or lose its on the booze in the Green Man after the game, so can always go there after the match, if u have time.. But I will defo be meeting up with Yardleys at the Arch Pub at Midday coz he has my ticket for the game, So try and make it there, it would be great to meet up... If anyone is down in the smoke on Friday night and fancies a pint let me know cheers. Last year, the night before the game I met up with a load of Tranmere lads at a pub near Euston Station, not sure if there are any plans for any of the Tranmere southern supporters to meet up again this year the night before the game.

PS I am pretty sure that Loyden n Tranmere Fan will be down in London about 11am. ( from the ' We're on our way, I'm on my way' thread.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 16:03 by hong kong rover.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: FAO Loyden, Tranmere Fan and anyone else that fancies a pre-match pint
07 May, 2018 16:16
Ok hkr wear a johnny king carnation

MESSAGES->author

07 May, 2018 16:22
Quote:
Loyden1
Ok hkr wear a johnny king carnation

lol, nice one loyden, looking forward to meeting up. I will be easy to spot in my old rovers shirt. goal attack might remember me lol.. if not, I am 6ft 2" not far off 20 stone in weight with a massive beer belly and a missing front tooth. the tarts in HK don't bother with me anymore.the female ones that is. its the edible jam ones that have caused the problems.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 16:27 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

07 May, 2018 16:33
anyway, bollox to the diet, I will start that when I return to HK. got my menu all lined up for when I am in London - loadsa beer, a decent steak, proper fry up, fish n chips, pie n chips n sausage n mash. can get all of those in HK but never as good as the real deal back home, as the old saying goes ' food n beer never really travels.' Certainly will not be missing the lass slurping away on her noodles, that's for f***ing sure lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 16:55 by hong kong rover.

mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

07 May, 2018 21:10
Looks like the Arch is half hotel/half indian restaurant? Green Man had great atmosphere last year but impossible to get served and big queues for the bogs. May give that a miss this year as sobered up while there.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

07 May, 2018 21:13
Quote:
mill park white
Looks like the Arch is half hotel/half indian restaurant? Green Man had great atmosphere last year but impossible to get served and big queues for the bogs. May give that a miss this year as sobered up while there.
the gardens were great cos it was sunny be a nite mare if raining

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

07 May, 2018 21:53
Hey HKR, going down and back in same day on train. Prob go to a few pubs on the way from Euston to Wembley, need to to a bit of research on which ones tho!. Then plan to end up in green man by 1:30 as it was good atmos last year and not sure if any others are as close. Not 100% if we go to Arch, but will message you and let you know plan

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

08 May, 2018 10:41
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
mill park white

forecast is sunny intervals and breezy, no rain. round about 15 degrees centigrade.

MESSAGES->author

08 May, 2018 15:27
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
mill park white

forecast is sunny intervals and breezy, no rain. round about 15 degrees centigrade.

Cheers, that weather sounds ideal to me. Anything to escape the sweat n humidity of HK. Just hoping it wasn't Michael ' I can assure you that a hurricane is not coming to the UK ' Fish, with that forecast. Some years later, Fish was actually awarded an MBE for his services to broadcasting and meteorology. They dish these awards out to virtually anyone nowadays, he was hopelessly wrong with that infamous non-hurricane prediction back in 1987.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

08 May, 2018 19:36
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
mill park white

Cheers, that weather sounds ideal to me. Anything to escape the sweat n humidity of HK. Just hoping it wasn't Michael ' I can assure you that a hurricane is not coming to the UK ' Fish, with that forecast. Some years later, Fish was actually awarded an MBE for his services to broadcasting and meteorology. They dish these awards out to virtually anyone nowadays, he was hopelessly wrong with that infamous non-hurricane prediction back in 1987.
Don't get me started on the awards that are dished out these days HKR . It doesn't get any lower than bestowing a Knighthood on that bloody idiot Nick Clegg !! SERIOUSLY ? Why don't they just cut the@#$%&and sell them in Asda ?! A knighthood for selling all your principles for a ministerial car . T#sser .

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

08 May, 2018 21:32
Whereabouts is this pub The Arch and what is the parking like that is available??

Last year we parked on peoples drives that were rented out so I would be interested to know what the alternatives are like.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

09 May, 2018 00:08
Quote:
Kenny_Crons
Whereabouts is this pub The Arch and what is the parking like that is available??
Last year we parked on peoples drives that were rented out so I would be interested to know what the alternatives are like.

From wembley station, Wembley Hill Road leads to Harrow Road , and the pub is almost opposite the post office

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

09 May, 2018 17:29
Have a safe journey HKR and try and leave some food for others 😀 same to all the lads on here have a really great time .its going to be a nail biter .SWA

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 May, 2018 18:18
Just read on Twitter HKR load of fans are meeting at “somers town coffee house” from 1730 on the Friday too. Including the Palios. We will be hitting Euston just after 10am on the Sat basically going to random drinking places then head to Green man. Welcome to join at any point.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

09 May, 2018 19:03
What is it like to get a drink in the Green Man on match day? Do they have enough staff and what are prices like?

Was in the Spoons on the High Road last year and got served fairly easily at decent prices for London.

mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

09 May, 2018 19:27
Fantastic atmosphere last year in the Green Man beer garden. Many hundreds of SWA making colossal noise. Long queues at the bar, so we just doubled up each visit. Can't remember prices, but don't recall feeling of being ripped off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2018 19:28 by mill park white.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

09 May, 2018 19:40
£5pint guinness. Some outside bars.loads of staff used to big crowds I but maybe not used to our consumption !

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

09 May, 2018 19:50
Thanks for answers... am with the missus so I'll hang out at the Green Man and send her down to Spoons to get the drinks in and bring them up! (Sm128)

MESSAGES->author

09 May, 2018 23:12
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Have a safe journey HKR and try and leave some food for others 😀 same to all the lads on here have a really great time .its going to be a nail biter .SWA

Lol cheers fifty.

MESSAGES->author

09 May, 2018 23:22
Quote:
TranmereFan
Just read on Twitter HKR load of fans are meeting at “somers town coffee house” from 1730 on the Friday too. Including the Palios. We will be hitting Euston just after 10am on the Sat basically going to random drinking places then head to Green man. Welcome to join at any point.

Thks tranmere fan. The somerstown place nr euston is where we went last year. We all got chucked out last time for making too much noise with all the rovers songs lol.. if the palios are to put in an appearance then we all better be on our best behaviour lol.. once the ale starts flowing though!!!..I am not sure if I will be in the green man before the game but will defo be there after the match...on my way to the airport now..wish I was already in london, hate these long flights..cmon the rovers SWA.

PS will u be in the green man after the game? I will see if I have time to get there for a pint before the match, but I will defo be at the Arch pub first of all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2018 23:37 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

09 May, 2018 23:43
I wonder how many will be flying in from overseas this time? Last year at the somerstown , a lad had flown in from china, another one from vietnam, one came in from the middle east and another lad from USA, and myself. Also heard a rovers fan flew all the way back from Aussie. There must have been others too that we never heard about.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

10 May, 2018 10:58
Eight of us going down to Wembley, on one of the 40+ coaches from Prenton, so unfortunately will not be there early. Be excellent to say 'Hello' in person - perhaps in the 'Fan Zone' area prior to match. In Block 140 Row 27 around the 200 seats. Safe flight and Party On.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

10 May, 2018 15:47
Something for those driving down to play on the road.

Was played before the Ebbsfleet game at the weekend;

[soundcloud.com]

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

11 May, 2018 20:15
Hey HKR, unsure about after, have to see how we are for time as train back about 7. Will see if we can swing to the Arch on the rounds before green man.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

11 May, 2018 20:23
Quote:
hong kong rover
I wonder how many will be flying in from overseas this time? Last year at the somerstown , a lad had flown in from china, another one from vietnam, one came in from the middle east and another lad from USA, and myself. Also heard a rovers fan flew all the way back from Aussie. There must have been others too that we never heard about.
There was a couple from Brisbane at last weeks game and I assume they have stayed on for tomorrow

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

11 May, 2018 22:59
Hkr just seen ur photo with the gang.that shirt must of fitted u some time ha ha goal attack recognised u .we going wetherspoons on wembley high st for a few.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

11 May, 2018 23:16
Quote:
Loyden1
Hkr just seen ur photo with the gang.that shirt must of fitted u some time ha ha goal attack recognised u .we going wetherspoons on wembley high st for a few.

Whereabouts is the photo? Just so I recognise her I'm the pub tomorrow.....

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

11 May, 2018 23:54
Don't know how to put photo on.but look for a giant in a navy blue rovers shirt.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

12 May, 2018 09:34
Going to head to the globe opposite baker street tube. 15 mins from wembley. Hopefully get a beer and some lunch on outside table before the rain comes

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

12 May, 2018 18:05
Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 22:56 by 853OKG.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 11:20
HKR. - Sorry the coach arrived and not enough time to find 'The Green Man' (and a chance to say 'Hello' - So pleased for you and ANYONE else that traveled from overseas, What a Drama, What a Finish to the season, Brilliant day (apart from the rain). Enjoy the Youtube clips - Over Over and again. Safe flight back.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 16:57
Greetings HKR, hope your trip back went smoothly. Really enjoyed chatting with you after the win (had to put that in). With three automatic promotion places you may not need to travel back next year! Although, you never know.... FA cup final perhaps.....

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

13 May, 2018 20:28
Only went to spoons then the stadium HKR, train was delayed on the way in by 40 mins, so had little time in the end. Great trip for you tho! SWA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net