football
Latest News:

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Ben Tollit
16 April, 2018 07:33
Would appear that he is again injured, has been great for us but for only around 3 months in all. 3 kicks, 3 injuries. Possible that he and Wallace should be released in favour of maybe less talented but Ultimatley fit players, one for MM to ponder. Doesn’t matter how good a player is they can’t effect a game from the physio table.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 07:35 by Higgosboots.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Ben Tollit
16 April, 2018 09:13
There isn’t much meat on the lad, looks a twig. No wonder why he breaks all the time.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 09:42
Well judging by the other article he's contracted until the end of next season so we may as well fix him up over the summer and see if we can get a season out of him.

Is support for the lad is starting to wane then?

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 09:55
I still rate him.He was better last season playing on the left wing and cutting inside.But he has been largely ineffective since his return.
Get fit soon Ben.👍

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 09:57
I don't think one comment is tantamount to waning support

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 14:00
He has potential see what happens next season ,I did comment months ago not to expect to much .if it does not work out next season he will have to go ,don’t need another sick note

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 14:17
What a pity. I thought he as very close to getting back to how he was pre injury. Just needed a Woking away couple of goals to spark the fire.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 16:20
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
Well judging by the other article he's contracted until the end of next season so we may as well fix him up over the summer and see if we can get a season out of him.
Is support for the lad is starting to wane then?

No. He's been trying too hard and not doing the things he was doing before because of worrying about getting injured again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 16:22 by Hoots Mon.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 19:37
The scary thing is is sitting in the town paddock i was close to both incidents: the orient lad just nudged him to allow the ball to run out for a goal kick and the shots guy hit him with a solid shot but it was hardly pierce or dicks esque... i get the impression he may be a bit powder puff and get injured too easily .

Give him another season though .

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 19:40
Ben has been on Twitter promising to come back better than ever. Knowing him he will work his socks off in the close season!

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 20:38
Quote:
martyd12
Ben has been on Twitter promising to come back better than ever. Knowing him he will work his socks off in the close season!
+1

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 11:49
His original injury was the sort that can change a career. Tollit's greatest asset has been his pace. A serious injury for this sort of player need only take a little off performance to render a once good player to the level of ordinary.

It needs time to see whether his current form is down to confidence and building fitness or whether it is physiological. At his best he looks special and there is enough time on his contract for the club to come to an informed assessment.

In contrast Wallace is a different situation. He has now had years of looking vulnerable to breakdown. He has spent so little time on the field since returning to the club that it is really difficult to see any grounds for his retention.

MM seems reluctant to use him. Possibly, he feels that he is not yet match fit, possibly he wants to protect him so that he can used in a cameo role in the play offs. All that is mere speculation but on the overall balance sheet there must be a very high chance that he will be released

Fiftyyearsarover

17 April, 2018 16:48
I have said it for 18 months wallace has had it .never going to be back to his best now a compete waste of money ,harsh but true you can’t keep paying someone who might play minutes at the end of a season .he has more done for him than any other in a Tranmere shirt I can think of .time to end it

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 17:27
Totally agree Fifty. The Tollit situation reminds me of a player that you may recall Fifty. In the first two years of his career Ray Davis was a very promising and fast winger tipped for the top but following a similar injury he was never quite the same player although he remained with the club another three years. Of course the difference now in treatment and rehabilitation makes it far more likely that Tollit could make a full recovery

Fiftyyearsarover

17 April, 2018 21:10
Yes Devon I remember Ray Davis really good player .we have had some good wingers .Ken MacDevit LLoyd Iceton .and the best of all Moggsy .my brother and I were talking about Keith and Ray williams .keith was banned for his part in that big betting scandal .they moved to South Africa to start a business ..

Summerlander
Summerlander (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 21:27
You're really showing your age now, Fifty!
Ken McDevitt OMG. You overlooked the best one at that time - Desi Harlock.

Fiftyyearsarover

17 April, 2018 22:04
Yes I know .when Mcdevit got the ball and running down the wing people shouted “open the gates “.the inference was he would not be able to stop old does not cut it my first rovers team was Lloyd or Payne Gibson Lamont Kieran Bell Millingto n Mcdevitt Done Bainbridge Atkinson Iceton Harold Bell holds the record for most consecutive games Some were about 455 games .thats about 8/9 years ,will stand for ever I should think

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 08:42
Quote:
DevonExile
His original injury was the sort that can change a career. Tollit's greatest asset has been his pace. A serious injury for this sort of player need only take a little off performance to render a once good player to the level of ordinary.
It needs time to see whether his current form is down to confidence and building fitness or whether it is physiological. At his best he looks special and there is enough time on his contract for the club to come to an informed assessment.

In contrast Wallace is a different situation. He has now had years of looking vulnerable to breakdown. He has spent so little time on the field since returning to the club that it is really difficult to see any grounds for his retention.

MM seems reluctant to use him. Possibly, he feels that he is not yet match fit, possibly he wants to protect him so that he can used in a cameo role in the play offs. All that is mere speculation but on the overall balance sheet there must be a very high chance that he will be released
Agreed on both counts Devon - we would be mad IMO to offer Wallace another contract - Pay as You Play sounds ok in theory but the problem with that is MP/MM won't know our budget as in the unlikely event he stays fit we are overspending as for sure MM would have to keep/ bring in midfield cover who will then sit on the bench for long periods of the season. Incidentally I am assuming Wallace is again injured as otherwise surely he would be on the bench at least?

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 14:15
Tweet from Ben :-

Without the lows, you don’t appreciate the highs...🙌🏻 more bad luck, but they say things come in 3’s. So after this that’s my lot done! Thankfully this injury isn’t a bad one and I’ll be ready in time to get a full pre season in me, ready for the start of next season💪🏻⚽️

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 18:29
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Yes Devon I remember Ray Davis really good player .we have had some good wingers .Ken MacDevit LLoyd Iceton .and the best of all Moggsy .my brother and I were talking about Keith and Ray williams .keith was banned for his part in that big betting scandal .they moved to South Africa to start a business ..
At the away game at Woking I met a couple of Rovers supporters who live next door to Keith Williams so he is back in England.Sadly,they said he is a delightful man but has early stage dementia

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 18:56
Can any seniors place Alan A'Court and Mandy Hill into the hierarchy of TRFC wingers?

They were Gods to me but, then again, I had no comparators at the time!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 22:15
Mandy hill was great .he had a great throw in as well as a great crosser.ended his days in Blackpool taxiing.Alan a court was 10f the ex lpool players we had .very tricky skilful winger.think he went to crewe and managed them

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

19 April, 2018 19:21
Hill was good and he actually came to us from Blackpool where he had been understudy to Stanley Matthews.ACourt was past his best but had a sound season. In contrast Egglington came to us after a long career at Everton and he was superb for us on the left wing.He was the only player that I can recall who matched the penalty taking prowess of Aldridge

Fiftyyearsarover

19 April, 2018 20:08
Don’t forget peter Farrel another ex evertonian defender was rovers captain .Dave Hickson another one ,don’t forget big Ron Yeats I think he was captain at Highbury when we beat aArsenal 1-0 in the League cup I was there that night Thanks Devon very sad about Ray williams like some others I wonder if his illness was caused. By heading the old Leather Casey .mandy hill and A,court well up with really good wingers Johnny Morrisey is my all time favourite maybe not the best but my favourite ,i was lucky to know Lloyd Iceton .when he finished football he worked at the co-op milk depot at Swan hill ,that was my first job when I left school ,a really decent lad was Lloyd .1952/3 rovers v spurs in a cup game Iceton hit the post with the last kick of the game at 1-1 .that was THE spurs side .Alf Ramsey and co ,we got battered in the replay 9-1 .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net