football
Latest News:

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Grand National TV Fiasco
14 April, 2018 18:06
First of all congratulations to the team for their well deserved win today! I believe we will now finish 2nd!

All we needed to round off a great day was to be able to watch the spectacle that is the Grand National. The scoreboard promised that al the lounges would show the TV coverage. I was concerned that when I got to the Gold Lounge at 1.30 that 2 of the 3 TVs were not working and therefore not showing the Macclesfield match. Not to worry. Nearly 5 hours to sort out any problems! One might ask why the TVs weren't checked during the week instead of leaving it till the day of the match.

of course as Hoots Mon predicted in another thread ( I think it was you Hoots!!) none of the TVs showed the race leaving a lot of very disgruntled people upset that they could not see one of the most important sporting events of the year!

It seems that the club is unable to organise what is going on in the lounges. There are complaints about poor service in the Platinum Lounge and not enough seats with tables in the Gold Lounge so that people were having to eat their meals on their Knees.

Poor show Rovers. Please get your act together. We may enough money for our season tickets yet we are treated very much like cattle!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Grand National TV Fiasco
14 April, 2018 18:34
Exactly why I left the tent, the TV went off 10 mins before the race! ????

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 19:15
Not good you would think MP would sort this shambles out ,it’s been going on for a while .people would want to see the national and have a beer or 2 it’s all money in the pot and god forbid looking after the people who matter ,the supporters

Owainsleftglove
Owainsleftglove (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 19:22
Tweet Nicola

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 19:39
Very predictable knowing the poor track record in the Bunny Bell lounge and the unhelpfulness of the bar staff. As soon as I saw that the TV was off in the Bunny Bell,I went over to the pub next door where I saw the race even if it was difficult to hear the commentary due to the noise made by those sat at the table nearest to the TV.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 20:05
Not going to bother with the Birch Tree again.

Yes, they had the National on but they had 3 people behind the bar after the game when they must have known there would be a few more people coming in to watch the race and try to give them some money for fizzy water.

The bar staff don't have any idea, or even care about whi is next and who has been waiting the longest.

One of them was serving an empty space... yes, I know I should have gone there but after patiently waiting for 15 minutes I was at the other end of the bar.

The manageress just served whoever was in front of her regardless of anyone to either side and when I politely suggested I was rightly next, having missed my turn several times, she just had a go at me saying she was busy.

Before that, the person next to me, who was before me, had already given up after being queue jumped many times.

Don't bother with the Birch Tree. They are useless.

Ended up just watching the race, working out who was running from the colours on the Racing Post scorecard as the sound was turned down.

Regarding the TRFC bars, I saw the message on the noticeboard that they would have the race on in "ALL OF THEIR BARS". Obviously hey didn't but got many beers sold just for the prospect but that was under false presences.

Complete joke the lot of them.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 20:53
Quote:
Yiggsy
Yes, they had the National on but they had 3 people behind the bar after the game when they must have known there would be a few more people coming in to watch the race and try to give them some money for fizzy water.

The bar staff don't have any idea, or even care about whi is next and who has been waiting the longest.

One of them was serving an empty space... yes, I know I should have gone there but after patiently waiting for 15 minutes I was at the other end of the bar.

The manageress just served whoever was in front of her regardless of anyone to either side and when I politely suggested I was rightly next, having missed my turn several times, she just had a go at me saying she was busy.

Before that, the person next to me, who was before me, had already given up after being queue jumped many times.

Ended up just watching the race, working out who was running from the colours on the Racing Post scorecard as the sound was turned down.

Regarding the TRFC bars, I saw the message on the noticeboard that they would have the race on in "ALL OF THEIR BARS". Obviously hey didn't but got many beers sold just for the prospect but that was under false presences.

The sound in the Birch Tree wasn't turned down. It was those at the table nearest the TV who decided to be very noisy during the race. They burst into applause as the winner was being led in[one of them had been yelling 'Tiger' through the latter part of the race], but she was just trying to be funny and the clapping was for the minutes applause before the Liverpool v Bournemouth game

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 21:08
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Yiggsy

The sound in the Birch Tree wasn't turned down. It was those at the table nearest the TV who decided to be very noisy during the race. They burst into applause as the winner was being led in[one of them had been yelling 'Tiger' through the latter part of the race], but she was just trying to be funny and the clapping was for the minutes applause before the Liverpool v Bournemouth game

Seemed to be a lot of tiger backers in the Birch, didn’t realise I got 2nd for a while as couldn’t hear the sound

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 23:36
Crap pub@#$%&staff@#$%&food . . But as sum1 posted before what's going wrong in our lounges by the way the tent tv feed comes off them.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 10:35
I had a feeling this would happen and didnt take the risk being a woodchurch boy. I left the ground as mangan was racing clear watching that scramble from the perimiter fence.

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 17:03
I went bunny bell and that went off. I then went the tent and that was off. I went to my car and watched it in my car so I could hear it. It got a first and fourth and three points what a day.

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net