football
Latest News:

Jimsteel
Jimsteel (IP Logged)

Congratultaions Macclesfield
14 April, 2018 17:47
I just wanted to congratulate Macclesfield on becoming champions of the national league. They fully deserve the title and have proved they can hold there nerves under pressure. Now just the formality of going down to Eastleigh to get 3 points and have their victory parade. The fat lady is singing

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

Re: Congratultaions Macclesfield
14 April, 2018 17:58
Quote:
Jimsteel
I just wanted to congratulate Macclesfield on becoming champions of the national league. They fully deserve the title and have proved they can hold there nerves under pressure. Now just the formality of going down to Eastleigh to get 3 points and have their victory parade. The fat lady is singing

Jim think you are a bit previous..The Fat lady hasn’t sung.. We win at Dover on Tuesday and they get beat at Eastleigh it’s panic stations for them against the Daggers ..Keep the faith ..#SWA

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 17:58
it is not beyond wit that Macc might get just one more point or that we win all our remains games. Long odds but far from impossible

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 18:02
Definitely not all over.SWA

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 18:09
It looked as though Orient were the better side and certainly had a great chance to snatch it at the end!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 18:13
Quote:
martyd12
It looked as though Orient were the better side and certainly had a great chance to snatch it at the end!

yes, I thought orient were the better side and it was some heroic defensive blocking in the 89th min from the macc defence to prevent orient from getting what could have been a deserved winner. its not maccs title yet.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 18:28
Stranger things have happened, i carnt see them drawing 2 last games & us winning all ours, and us winning the title on goal difference....just keep doing your stuff rovers !! maybe be clearer next wkd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 18:29 by trfc-boi.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 18:30
They haven’t been promoted yet?

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 18:32
It will be theirs if we don't beat Dover on Tuesday.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 18:50
If we beat Dover pressure is massively on them, it’s not done til it’s done, conceivably they could loose the last 2, how often do you see golfers, snooker players, teams get to within one and then fold.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 20:05
If we beat Dover we are assured of a semi place and that leaves us free to take chances in the remaining games in pursuit of maximum points.We Would have no pressure. In contrast Maccs would go into the next game with considerable pressure. Following their win against us they have had no real pressure with a points cushion and Sutton falling away. Ofcourse they would remain favourites but a win on Tuesday could create the kind of anxiety where a team imploded

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 20:26
Macclesfield are not champions yet, and until they are it's still on smiling smiley.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 21:06
Three games ago we knew we had to win seven out of seven. Three down four to go. Yes obviously it's a tough ask but we've risen to the task admirably.

Remember Macc have been unconvincing winners in a quarter of their games this season (either coming back from behind or getting the winner after the 85th minute. If we got our results like they did the negative brigade here would be saying we've blown it.

Keep the pressure on rovers.

Interesting to see if we rest players if we don't win Tuesday or keep the winning formula/ mentality.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 22:08
The fat lady isn't singing, but she has her costume on and has done the vocal warm up exercises. Teams can falter in this position, If the positions were reversed how confident would we be? history tells us not very.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 23:15
At 7 games to go I thought we would win all and Macc draw the last three so as MM philosophy of take each game as it comes we will see
Theirs to lose ours to win in a photo finish especially believable if we beat Dover
I think we must keep going with our best team to whatever end
Macclesfield will only deserve it if they get more points than us although Askey did a great job
The Daggers are still in it and may surprise Macclesfield if they have a chance of play offs on last day

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 13:30
Your mission Jim, if you decide to accept it, is to congratulate Tranmere on winning the championsship due to winning all their outstanding matches and Macclesfield getting no more than 2 points from theirs.

Queue lighting of match and the MO theme.....................(Sm80)

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 14:18
Sshh. If you listen carefully, you can hear the bums squeaking in Macc.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 21:08
That's no way to talk about the locals in that area (Sm7).

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 21:31
We had our chance and threw it away when we played them. Unlikey they will drop points that are needed. So I say well done to them, they deserve it they battled to the end.

16 April, 2018 21:38
I just dont see the point of this post.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 09:14
Neither do I. Are Macc players reading this? Whilst there's a chance we can still push. Is the suggestion that because it's unlikely we can win we shouldn't try?

Tell you what - a win tonight and it won't seem as much of a statistical impossibility.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 09:21
A draw tonight would just about keep us hanging in there, albeit by the thinnest of threads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 09:33 by hong kong rover.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 11:06
Quote:
ming05
We had our chance and threw it away when we played them. Unlikey they will drop points that are needed. So I say well done to them, they deserve it they battled to the end.

it neither unusual for a team, even at the top to lose two successive games and not that uncommon for any team to win the next four in succession.

The unusual thing would be for those events to come together to our advantage

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 11:16
I think that given the start of the season that we had and yet where we find ourselves now, that in itself is enough to worry any other team including Macc.

They're only human after all and if a result doesn't go their way then the nerves may show but if they hold it together then at least we gave them a chase that no-one (even i) thought was possible and why i'm proud of this set of lads this season regardless of where we finish.

Silko
Silko (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 11:28
Nothings being taken for granted over this side of Cheshire just yet

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 12:26
If you want proof of what can happen, look at Sutton recent form

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 16:40
Quote:
steve mungalls Highlights
I just dont see the point of this post.

Reverse psychology; lull them into a false sense of security.
As we approach the final furlong we are strong, like a Red Rum; let's hope they are brittle, sorry Crisp!
It ain't Dover yet!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 17:33
Dover come into this game with more pressure than us. Even a defeat would still leave us with a realistic chance of a semi place. in contrast Dover really must win as they and Wrexham seem to have a mini competition to see which one can row backwards from a play off place

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 23:11
Row row row your team gently down the league,
Miss out on a playoff place, with cramp and mild fatigue.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

21 April, 2018 16:27
Fair play to Macclesfield.

Stitched us up good and proper at PP in the crunch game and held their nerve.

We didn't deserve to go up automatically after that and we haven't.

Roll on the play-offs. Didn't have a good feeling last time against the scumbag FGR; time-wasting cheats who didn't even give us the ball back after we put it out when one of their mob got injured.

We lost Vaughan, Harris and Wallace in the last few games through injury and, if I had put my name forward, I reckon I could have made the subs bench at Wembley last year.

This time we go in there with a fully fit squad, bar Tollit but Cole is more than adequate.

Just hope Clarke and Wallace can make it out of intensive care to make the subs' bench.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net