football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Dale Jennings
13 April, 2018 11:49
Any news on his whereabouts? Last I heard about him was when he left MK Dons and that is some time ago now.. Is he trying to ressurect his career? Is he a free agent? Is he at another club anywhere? Or is he still a fat slob that has completely blown what could have been a promising career?

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Dale Jennings
13 April, 2018 12:22
Quote:
hong kong rover
Any news on his whereabouts? Last I heard about him was when he left MK Dons and that is some time ago now.. Is he trying to ressurect his career? Is he a free agent? Is he at another club anywhere? Or is he still a fat slob that has completely blown what could have been a promising career?
Sadly,believe it's the latter.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 18:17
Considering he beat Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin (then with Southampton) to the young player of the season in Division 1, it is indeed a sorry story.

Still remember that goal he scored against Plymouth to win the game 1-0, brilliant!!!!

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 20:52
Its a sad waste of talent, from what I read about him his attitude was never the best.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 21:11
He will realise one day what he has thrown away .and regret it

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 22:45
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
He will realise one day what he has thrown away .and regret it

Yes healthy food and forsaken it for junk.

No in all seriousness though that Plymouth game and a goal I think against Bristol Rovers stand out, that latter being one where he ran away from goal did a u-turn than just volleyed it straight back at their goal and scored, if I'm remembering the instance correctly.

However the Plymouth one is the one I think where he kept cutting in and cutting in dragged two centre backs with him and then let it go.

He had had a spell for Barnsley before MK Dons right after leaving Bayern, but it's all gone wrong for him.

He was not injury prone to my knowledge the last few months he was at a club, so reviving his talents would just be a matter of chubbing down, but if any club could realistically do it, it could be Tranmere and if he came back and found that spark of enthusiasm he must have had first time round, even a fitter 90% Dale of old would be a big asset at NL and league 2 level.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Fiftyyearsarover

14 April, 2018 06:41
You know the saying Matt ,you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink

MESSAGES->author

14 April, 2018 09:28
It's a shame it didn't work out for him at Bayern and its even a bigger shame to see a good talent go to waste, but was it a case of him going over there at too young an age? He was only a teenager when he went over there and was it too much for him to handle? It does seem that ever since he has returned to the UK from Germany everything has gone downhill for him, so one does wonder if his time at Munich had a negative impact on him and that's resulted in the way that he is today. but to be brutally honest he failed in Germany, maybe failed is too strong a word, but he certainly wasn't a rip roaring success. The highest level he got to play for was in Bayerns 2nd team which plays in the 3rd tier of the German League. I believe he had a couple of injuries which didn't help him and I also believe there were a few question marks about his training and that he could have been trying harder, so maybe the Bayern people pulled him over about this and told him a few home truths, which could have affected him negatively. Another interesting article I read about Jennings time in Germany was that he didn't understand too much about the culture which vexed a few of the Germans and also many of the German players expect foreign players, that are playing in Germany, to try and learn some of the language or at least make an effort in trying to learn it and Jennings problem was that he couldn't grasp the language at all and because of this many of the players and coaches at Bayern grew tired of him and became impatient with him and as a result of Jennings inability to speak the lingo, the players started to distance themselves from him and he never became one of the lads and never fitted in with the dressing room banter, etc etc. The article also mentioned that the Bayern coaches got tired of having to bark out instructions to him in English. So in a way he became excluded and ostracized, so this must have had some kind of negative impact on him. Only jennings will know himself why his career hasn't worked out and its only himself that can get it back on track, but he is 25 years old now and these last few years would have been critical for his development as a footballer and he has missed out on it. So was it his failings in Germany that have affected him negatively and turned his career sour? or is it Jennings himself? or is it something else? Jennings has stated that he didn't regret his move there and he would recommend it to other young players if they get the chance, but looking back maybe he was just too young and it would have been better for him if he had developed a little bit more as a footballer in the UK before going overseas. Jennings story is a lot different from that of Kevin Keegans and Tony Woodcocks,both of whom had successful stints playing in Germany, they understood the culture, made friends with the natives and learnt the lingo.. Unlike me in HK, ive had no success, there is no culture to learn here, all HK is about is making money, I don't want to be friendly with the locals and the Cantonese language is way beyond me, lol

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 10:10 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 11:45
Quote:
hong kong rover
It's a shame it didn't work out for him at Bayern and its even a bigger shame to see a good talent go to waste, but was it a case of him going over there at too young an age? He was only a teenager when he went over there and was it too much for him to handle? It does seem that ever since he has returned to the UK from Germany everything has gone downhill for him, so one does wonder if his time at Munich had a negative impact on him and that's resulted in the way that he is today. but to be brutally honest he failed in Germany, maybe failed is too strong a word, but he certainly wasn't a rip roaring success. The highest level he got to play for was in Bayerns 2nd team which plays in the 3rd tier of the German League. I believe he had a couple of injuries
which didn't help him and I also believe there were a few question marks about his training and that he could have been trying harder, so maybe the Bayern people pulled him over about this and told him a few home truths, which could have affected him negatively. Another interesting article I read about Jennings time in Germany was that he didn't understand too much about the culture which vexed a few of the Germans and also many of the German players expect foreign players, that are playing in Germany, to try and learn some of the language or at least make an effort in trying to learn it and Jennings problem was that he couldn't grasp the language at all and because of this many of the players and coaches at Bayern grew tired of him and became impatient with him and as a result of Jennings inability to speak the lingo, the players started to distance themselves from him and he never became one of the lads and never fitted in with the dressing room banter, etc etc. The article also mentioned that the Bayern coaches got tired of having to bark out instructions to him in English. So in a way he became excluded and ostracized, so this must have had some kind of negative impact on him. Only jennings will know himself why his career hasn't worked out and its only himself that can get it back on track, but he is 25 years old now and these last few years would have been critical for his development as a footballer and he has missed out on it. So was it his failings in Germany that have affected him negatively and turned his career sour? or is it Jennings himself? or is it something else? Jennings has stated that he didn't regret his move there and he would recommend it to other young players if they get the chance, but looking back maybe he was just too young and it would have been better for him if he had developed a little bit more as a footballer in the UK before going overseas. Jennings story is a lot different from that of Kevin Keegans and Tony Woodcocks,both of whom had successful stints playing in Germany, they understood the culture, made friends with the natives and learnt the lingo.. Unlike me in HK, ive had no success, there is no culture to learn here, all HK is about is making money, I don't want to be friendly with the locals and the Cantonese language is way beyond me, lol

You’ll never make it into the China first team with that attitude HK! 😂

MESSAGES->author

14 April, 2018 11:52
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
hong kong rover
It's a shame it didn't work out for him at Bayern and its even a bigger shame to see a good talent go to waste, but was it a case of him going over there at too young an age? He was only a teenager when he went over there and was it too much for him to handle? It does seem that ever since he has returned to the UK from Germany everything has gone downhill for him, so one does wonder if his time at Munich had a negative impact on him and that's resulted in the way that he is today. but to be brutally honest he failed in Germany, maybe failed is too strong a word, but he certainly wasn't a rip roaring success. The highest level he got to play for was in Bayerns 2nd team which plays in the 3rd tier of the German League. I believe he had a couple of injuries
which didn't help him and I also believe there were a few question marks about his training and that he could have been trying harder, so maybe the Bayern people pulled him over about this and told him a few home truths, which could have affected him negatively. Another interesting article I read about Jennings time in Germany was that he didn't understand too much about the culture which vexed a few of the Germans and also many of the German players expect foreign players, that are playing in Germany, to try and learn some of the language or at least make an effort in trying to learn it and Jennings problem was that he couldn't grasp the language at all and because of this many of the players and coaches at Bayern grew tired of him and became impatient with him and as a result of Jennings inability to speak the lingo, the players started to distance themselves from him and he never became one of the lads and never fitted in with the dressing room banter, etc etc. The article also mentioned that the Bayern coaches got tired of having to bark out instructions to him in English. So in a way he became excluded and ostracized, so this must have had some kind of negative impact on him. Only jennings will know himself why his career hasn't worked out and its only himself that can get it back on track, but he is 25 years old now and these last few years would have been critical for his development as a footballer and he has missed out on it. So was it his failings in Germany that have affected him negatively and turned his career sour? or is it Jennings himself? or is it something else? Jennings has stated that he didn't regret his move there and he would recommend it to other young players if they get the chance, but looking back maybe he was just too young and it would have been better for him if he had developed a little bit more as a footballer in the UK before going overseas. Jennings story is a lot different from that of Kevin Keegans and Tony Woodcocks,both of whom had successful stints playing in Germany, they understood the culture, made friends with the natives and learnt the lingo.. Unlike me in HK, ive had no success, there is no culture to learn here, all HK is about is making money, I don't want to be friendly with the locals and the Cantonese language is way beyond me, lol

You’ll never make it into the China first team with that attitude HK! 😂

lol

mcateersrightfoot
mcateersrightfoot (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 10:19
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Considering he beat Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin (then with Southampton) to the young player of the season in Division 1, it is indeed a sorry story.
Still remember that goal he scored against Plymouth to win the game 1-0, brilliant!!!!

Was at the Plymouth game (See link) thinking did I really just see that 😲 ...The lad had some exceptional talent, it's sad to think he's lost the love for the beautiful game.

[www.dailymotion.com]

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

01 May, 2018 04:19
Slight thread necro but uncovered this from his move to Bayern.

[www.youtube.com]

Fiftyyearsarover

01 May, 2018 08:44
It’s all Chinese to HKR 😀

Fiftyyearsarover

01 May, 2018 18:30
I have said it before Jennings will regret it one day when it’s to late ,even if He could not settle in Munchen if I had his obvious talent I would have found a U.K. club and moved on .shame

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

01 May, 2018 18:36
Well i hate to speculate without knowing the lad but he did say in that vid that he wouldn't be where he is without his missus.

Maybe they broke up unfortunately and that led down the lazy path that he had set in his final days at Liverfool.

Should get Andy Robinson to test him out for Rock Ferry Social and see if he's still got it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net