football
Latest News:

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Is it me? - Part 2 MM Aldershot press conference
13 April, 2018 00:40
Following on from the first Is it me? thread when the "injury" to Clarke still remains undiagnosed weeks later the pre Aldershot press conference took this to a whole new level.
Question - are there any injuries after Tuesday?
Answer - Yes there are.
Follow on question surely would have been how serious and who is definitely not available and who if anyone is coming back into contention after injury but no nothing of the sort... just moved on to talk about players who were on the bench on Tuesday.
I appreciate MM may want not to give Aldershot too much of a heads up as to his likely team and strategy and the journos need to work with the club but surely something better than these trite soundbites should be forthcoming. After all surely an answer of x player may not be fit would be better at muddying the waters than saying nothing...or is it just me?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Is it me? - Part 2 MM Aldershot press conference
13 April, 2018 01:08
Seems like it's more of a who asked or in this case doesn't ask the follow up question than MM's fault.

They're all on Twitter/Facebook and do ask anyone if they have any sensible questions to drop them in so they can ask. Maybe it's been a slow week or they just don't feel the need to ask/ forgot.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 10:45
Tomorrow may define our season, think Micky will just be wanting to avoid the dreaded L against playoff rivals.

velico
velico (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 15:59
Quote:
Higgosboots
Tomorrow may define our season, think Micky will just be wanting to avoid the dreaded L against playoff rivals.
sorry, just don't see a win in our next two games.

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 16:06
MM changed the system for the play off first leg game and it worked a treat. Hope he changes it again for Saturday. We are just too open 4-4-2 and slow defensively, against the better teams like Aldershot and Macc.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 19:12
I am sure it was Eddie Clark with a trainer before the Gateshead game, doing a workout before the team came out and there didn't appear to be anything wrong?

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 21:55
The question clearly annoyed MM somewhat hence his rather short and less than informative reply. Clearly he didn't want to give anything away.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 April, 2018 23:38
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
I am sure it was Eddie Clark with a trainer before the Gateshead game, doing a workout before the team came out and there didn't appear to be anything wrong?

He had a trainer, I'd say there was something wrong with that. What did he have on his other foot, a slipper, a brogue, a wellie boot, nothing?

Sorry couldn't resist that (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Jack of all Trades

14 April, 2018 10:50
Ha Ha!!!!!

Seriously, it is common before games for players not in the squad to be put through a workout and he certainly looked fine to me.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

14 April, 2018 11:23
Looking fine and being match ready are two different things.

Jack of all Trades

14 April, 2018 11:43
Eddie has been out of the team and squad for some considerable time and it is unlikely he will feature again this season, unless Rides is injured.

Mitch Duggan was working out with him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net