football
Latest News:

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

2017 Report & Accounts
07 April, 2018 09:41
For those interested the report and accounts to end June 2017 are now filed online at Companies House. By comparison to last year they make great reading and shows the massive impact that Mark and Nicola have had with their vision.
Football turnover is up over 30% but the increase in commercial income is staggering - up over 200%. Other operating income is up by £2m also (China related?) and as such overall the club was profitable compared with almost a £1m loss last year. The Palios's have also agreed to convert £500k debt partly due to losses incurred at Wirral live into equity which will further reduce the debt burden on the club following Mr Johnson's loans now being fully written off. Yes cash is low but given that the year end is end June that is perhaps not surprising.
Most encouragingly of all the accounts state that if we are promoted we can expect to have a top 1/3 budget next year and even if not promoted to have a competitive budget whilst being around break even.
Given the financial difficulties at so many other clubs I for one am truly grateful that Mark and Nicola came in with their business like approach. Here's hoping we can get promotion and that top 1/3 budget in League 2!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: 2017 Report & Accounts
07 April, 2018 10:18
All great but last season we paid £12,230 in agents fees, Forrest Green spent £175,000. Not a chance we can compete with that spending power.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 12:13
I think Higgo it’s more about getting good players in who want to play for the club every Tranmere game their is someone from the opposition who stands out young fit lads who really want to play football ,have them watched and if any good make an offer poach the best ,as I said before ,do we have a scouting network ?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 12:24
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I think Higgo it’s more about getting good players in who want to play for the club every Tranmere game their is someone from the opposition who stands out young fit lads who really want to play football ,have them watched and if any good make an offer poach the best ,as I said before ,do we have a scouting network ?

It’s a backwards situation, FGR and the likes can spend their way out of NL and unless we pick up bargains we can’t compete financially however in League 2 we are in prime position due to fair play!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 12:57
It may be true of FGR although in the end it was our dreadful on the day performance rather than the balance sheet that handed them promotion..Other tha Flyde this is no obvious sugar daddy giving an advantage to promotion rivals this season.
MP has placed us in a strong position.All the indications are that we are as well placed to challenge as any team.Poor signings last summer where not the consequence of under funding but rather poor decisions It took us almost a quarter of a season to sort that out. Again it is that period rather than budget which explains why we not finish as champions

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 19:55
Alternatively the one recent defeat to Macclesfield could explain the season simply, if the difference ends up at 6 points or less compared to them after 46 games.

As for the spending on agents fees, that doesn't have to mean much, as they are struggling in league 2, whereas by contrast I have no doubts that Tranmere would do better, as I think in comparative terms between that league and NL, were the current crop of players in league 2, Cook and Norwood could have scored 2/3 of what they currently have and Tranmere would not be in the bottom 4.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 23:04
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

It’s a backwards situation, FGR and the likes can spend their way out of NL and unless we pick up bargains we can’t compete financially however in League 2 we are in prime position due to fair play!

Their scouting is so good they are in the bottom four of league two

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net