football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

2018 Checkatrade Trophy Final
06 April, 2018 15:11
This Sunday , Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City.. Have read that Lincoln have sold over 26,000 tickets, mind you it is their first ever time at Wembley. Not sure if Shrewsbury will have as many as that? One good thing is that the final doesn't involve one of the academy sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 15:15 by hong kong rover.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Re: 2018 Checkatrade Trophy Final
06 April, 2018 18:40
Shrewsbury have sold just over 11,000!

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 20:02
Not surprised Lincoln have sold that many for their first Wembley Final.

They average just under 10,000 per home game and I believe most are season ticket holders. The Shrews Fans probably have their minds on automatic promotion to the Championship but, 11,000 is a bit disappointing.

MESSAGES->author

08 April, 2018 13:13
Where the hell have they dug 26,000 fans up from? A few flying back from HK? lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2018 14:13 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 13:39
We all have so called glory fans. I think the acid test is when things are not going so well. We've maintained an average above 5,000, despite the relatively lean times. I'm guessing Lincoln would be back down to between 3,000-4,000 if they found themselves back in the National League and not league leaders.
My brother-in-law, who's such a big Lincoln supporter, is currently staying on the Wirral visiting family. The first time they ever appear at Wembley and he puts his family first; Lincoln lightweight!! We're going to try to twist his arm to come to the Gateshead game on Tuesday, but we get the feeling his wife won't let him. Not that we'll question his manhood!!

MESSAGES->author

08 April, 2018 15:19
matt rhead showing his true thuggish qualities in the opening 10 mins. he has just been yellow carded when it could have been red for a terrible challenge on shrews keeper, quite a physical start to this game

MESSAGES->author

08 April, 2018 15:23
lincoln 1 up.. lincoln lead at half time, quite a physical encounter so far, shrews haven't really got going yet and that's mainly down to lincoln putting pressure on their midfield. its easy to see what lincolns tactics are,, to draw shrewsbury into an aggressive non footballing battle,, and they are winning it at the moment. rhead a little lucky to still be on the pitch. shrews have had a few chances though

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2018 16:02 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

08 April, 2018 17:02
Lincoln win 1-0. It wasn't the prettiest of finals but fair play to them they beat league 1 opponents and on the day at Wembley they were up for a battle and they did a job on Shrewsbury,, its more than what we done last May vs FGR.

MESSAGES->author

08 April, 2018 17:04
I think that's 4 Wembley visits for the Shrews now and 4 defeats. Mick Mc Carthy to leave Ipswich at the end of the season, the Cowleys to Ipswich???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2018 17:13 by hong kong rover.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 17:34
Modern football summed up: a wembley manderin lecturing waterfall on how to receive the trophy before allowing the team to proceed up the final set of steps to the royal box... red tape at its best.

On management rumours hkr, borehamwood boss is in negotiations with Northampton

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 17:56
Well done to Lincoln ,done a job on Shrewsbury ,roughed them up and then typical Lincoln ,slow down the game ,time wasting ,appeal for everything ,but hey it works no prize for coming second ,they are very hard to beat ,I wish we had their attitude we are tougher than we first came into the NL ,but we have not got the must win mentality that Lincoln have ,they might just get promoted again this season .good luck to them

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

09 April, 2018 10:36
Hi Fiftyyearsarover

Thanks for those comments, as you probably know I'm a Ciy supporter & season ticket holder but also follow Rovers scores and follow all the comments on the Rovers forums which I've been a member on since April 2008.
I really hope one way or another Rovers manage to do it this season, but I think it will be through the play offs.

The Cowleys in the summer are moving their families up from Braintree to live in the Lincoln area to save on travelling, and I think also their parents are also moving up to Lincoln so they are staying at Lincoln for the long haul.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

10 April, 2018 08:51
Thank you jai .well it looks that way ,and why not the brothers grim suit Lincoln and visa versa .with the Last years FA cup money and League money I can see a few more promotions .as they say they have momentum

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

10 April, 2018 19:09
I heard the Cowleys have been linked with Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Scunthorpe and Grimsby... they are just hedging their bets! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2018 19:10 by Yiggsy.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

11 April, 2018 13:12
Ha Ha Nice one Yiggsy (Sm15)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net