football
Latest News:

7/7
05 April, 2018 13:03
Am I alone in still keeping the faith? I honestly think Macc and Sutton will lose a couple before then end of the season. If there was a time to be the deadly submarine then it is now. Maccs fixtures on paper look tough. 7 from 7 we are Champs.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: 7/7
05 April, 2018 13:18
Can't see it me. 14pts off the top at this stage and Macc top of the form table.
As improved as we are we haven't really gained any ground on them.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 15:02
If we were in macc's position half of us would be moaning about how unconvincing we've been winning and how we have no chance of hanging on.

However, my optimism isn't as eternal as it used to be and have to accept that 2nd is the best we can realistically achieve. It would have been so different if they had dropped a few points over Easter.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 15:51
You’re not alone at all...

The way this season has panned out anyone and everyone is taking points off each other. Also, until it’s mathematically impossible then I’ll still back the lads to go as far as they can.

That being said, it does look extremely hard to pull it off due to Macc continually grabbing 1 goal here or there but you have to take your hat off to them for that at the business end of the season.

I’ll not lose faith even if this year turns out not to be a promotion winning year!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 16:10
Once we lost to them at home it was going to need an inplosion in their form.It would now need a massive collapse in form and that is very unlikely.
At this point I would very much settle for second or third.A better outcome than looked possible after out awful early season

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 16:41
Considering all the games that went our way over the weekend, third place is surely an expectation as opposed to an aspiration now.

Three points at Chester should settle a few nerves and put us in control for the remaining games.

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 16:42
Not alone
Keep the Faith

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 16:59
Quote:
steve mungalls Highlights
Am I alone in still keeping the faith? I honestly think Macc and Sutton will lose a couple before then end of the season. If there was a time to be the deadly submarine then it is now. Maccs fixtures on paper look tough. 7 from 7 we are Champs.

Totally thought you meant McNulty and Richie here!

07 April, 2018 18:35
1 down 6 to go

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 19:59
I think we can get 88pts !!
Boreham wood could get a result at Macc on Tuesday, they are more than capable smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2018 20:03 by trfc-boi.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 20:17
If Macc lose 2 & win 2 of their last 4 games so ending with 88pts.

And Rovers win their remaining 6 games 4H & 2A they will win the league on goal difference.

Things are looking up after all.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 23:11
If we had beaten macc at home like we should have it would be in our own hands now

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

07 April, 2018 23:22
Quote:
the kav
If we had beaten macc at home like we should have it would be in our own hands now

I know the season's not decided by one game, but that result seems to get more significant as we approach the final furlong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2018 23:24 by Phil65.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 08:39
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
the kav

I know the season's not decided by one game, but that result seems to get more significant as we approach the final furlong.

Lets hope macc are devon loch

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 10:58
Macclesfield are clearly in a very strong position but their 4 remaining games are:

Home - Leyton Orient and Dagenham
Away - Boreham Wood and Eastleigh.

None of those teams are rubbish and actually they all have a little bit of quality about them. The flip side is that they don’t (apart from BW) have a lot to play for so will the passion of Macclesfields players overcome this??

The conclusion is that nobody can make a truly accurate assessment because we don’t know what will happen, but we can safely say that Macclesfield still need to turn up and pick up points from their remaining games.

If we can beat Gateshead on Tuesday and they at worst only draw against Boreham Wood, pressure will start to be felt at Moss Rose.

At this stage that’s all we can do. And then start praying of course!!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 12:18
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
the kav

Fingers crossed.
You might have to explain that one to our younger viewers; then again, they have the magic of Google(other search engines are available).

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 12:41
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
the kav

Fingers crossed.
You might have to explain that one to our younger viewers; then again, they have the magic of Google(other search engines are available).

Hopefully a Devon Loch or a Jean Van Der Velde, who can remember the Frenchmans dramatic collapse on the final hole at the 1999 British open golf championship at Carnoustie? Golfs greatest ever meltdown. He ended up losing in a 3 way play off. Will Macc be losing in a play off I wonder?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 15:40
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
the kav

Fingers crossed.

They are all probably making vlogs of yesterdays game in their bedrooms to trick me into thinking i might see the goals again when i reality i have to suffer a spotty teenager chanting in an annoyingly high pitched voice whilst videoing himself all overdubbed with annoying dance music... they hardly ever capture the goals normally spinning the phone around just in time to see norwood or cook wheeling away! They then compensate by putting in some pointless midfield action.... you then get a few minutes of them sat in the bedroom stating the obvious about the days action.... but then again it works for most tv pundits.

Yes i remember him hkr trying to play out of the bairn i seem to remember... complete meltdown

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 16:12
All we can do is keep winning butiadmit Solihull could be our toughest game unless we are prepared on the day
Until it is mathematically possible we are the best chance to catch Macc.Their games look like all potential draws

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 16:59
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
the kav

Didn't know they were owned by royalty.No wonder the wages were not paid in January

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 17:07
Sutton doing their level best not to accidentally go up as champions and have to rip their pitch up or, otherwise get relegated to NLS (3 losses in last 4).

I would be quietly confident if we made the play-off final and had Sutton at Wembley; but then again so would any of the play-off teams! winking smiley

As an addenda I hope Solihull and Hartlepool are both safe when we get to play them and distracted by booking their summer holidays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2018 17:09 by Yiggsy.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 17:42
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
the kav

Fingers crossed.

They are all probably making vlogs of yesterdays game in their bedrooms to trick me into thinking i might see the goals again when i reality i have to suffer a spotty teenager chanting in an annoyingly high pitched voice whilst videoing himself all overdubbed with annoying dance music... they hardly ever capture the goals normally spinning the phone around just in time to see norwood or cook wheeling away! They then compensate by putting in some pointless midfield action.... you then get a few minutes of them sat in the bedroom stating the obvious about the days action.... but then again it works for most tv pundits.

Yes i remember him hkr trying to play out of the bairn i seem to remember... complete meltdown

lol you are spot on about these vloggers kav, I couldn't have worded that any better myself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net