football
Latest News:

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Lfc v mcfc
04 April, 2018 19:36
Just turned the tv on to see the city bus under what can only be described as attack. I know a lot on here have family members who follow lfc, but in my eyes, yet again scousers seem to be showing their true colours. @#$%& in my eyes, but I’m sure there will be plenty happy to defend. No need what so ever.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Lfc v mcfc
04 April, 2018 23:24
There's a clear difference between passion and abuse. I don't condone it at all as i didn't when a couple of our fans decide to throw bottles onto the pitch but it must be a minority?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

04 April, 2018 23:54
It's always the minority when such instances of social abuse occur like this, but as the media will inevitably make light of it at some point, there is a risk that some peoples view of the facts will become skewed, potentially leading to the belief that such problems occur in a worse way than is actually the case.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 06:03
Would be funny if they banned Liverpool from the competion for it

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 08:23
Quote:
TranmereFan
Would be funny if they banned Liverpool from the competion for it

Just seen the footage on TV ..Horrible to see ..UEFA could punish the club but won’t ..Disgusting..!!

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 10:43
Too big to ban.

There will probably be a fine equivalent to about 2 minutes worth of their global revenue. I'm sure Fenway Sports are quaking in their boots.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 22:29
However sanctioning against the club by say expelling them from the competition is a fruitless endeavour and arguably unjust, as it wouldn't matter if club officials urged restraint to fans, until they were blue in the face, if some wanted to ruck they'd just do it.

How many instances of hooliganism in the past, have prompted some political rhetoric or club rhetoric urging restraint and still the hooliganism goes on.

The reality is this stuff will rear its ugly head once in a while and no football club officials of any kind will be truly able to stamp it out, if the mindless minority are hell bent on doing such things, so what would punishing club officials achieve?

Nothing, except sanction against people who don't incite the violence, or condone it, for actions they are powerless to prevent.

Banning orders will help to stem the problem, but like any social cancer in this world, even the most stringent of measures will never truly eradicate the problem for good, so punishing people who are not responsible isn't necessarily the answer.

I am not sure however what else is apart from investigating who did it and sanctioning against as many of those people as you can.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 00:29
It happens all over Europe Italy Spain Germany France russia u name it trying to upset teams .just listen to Vincent company they all expect it and blank it out

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 12:09
Have a look ok at the video from inside the MCFC coach - and try counting the missile hits that impacted - it's NOT just a 'mindless few' - more like a savage several hundred, the aggression from the mob that are supposed to represent supporters is truly disgusting. It was just a coach taking players to a game, no wonder merseyside police are asking for camera/phone footage to assist in on going investigations. This is NOT football, this action has gone beyond acceptable 'tribal chants' etc, this was just pure unjustified criminal behaviour at it's worst. LFC could well suffer now from this element of 'supporters'. To understand the reaction of fans towards the game I would recommend reading a wonderful book by 'Desmond Morris' entitled 'The Soccer Tribe' published 1981, ISBN 0-224-01935-X. it provides an excellent insight into how we perceive the game by this world renown author on human behaviour (The Naked Ape etc). Let's return the game to a sport where fans behave like adults and not animals, or the 'fans' could well end up behind fences at grounds again if this kind of action is repeated inside football grounds - I hope City fans do not retaliate in the next leg of this game.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 12:23
I'm pretty sure from the view inside the coach that it isn't hundreds of Liverpool fans at all throwing drink - it's obviously just Jamie Carragher spitting once.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 14:36
I heard the last scouser who got excited over 1leg was paul mcartney when he married heather mills.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 14:44
Sad news about the death of Eric Bristow at the premier league darts event at the Liverpool Echo Arena last night.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 21:42
He has become an advertisement for looking after yourself, because his lifestyle habits could well have contributed to his heart attack.

He will be missed as his contribution to sport cannot be undervalued.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net