football
Latest News:

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Chester boss leaving
01 April, 2018 12:22
The Chester boss is leaving the end of season probably cutting cost as they are now doomed

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Chester boss leaving
01 April, 2018 18:16
His contract was only to the end of the season anyway.

Neil Young their previously boss, who led them to three successive promotions, has returned in an unpaid capacity and probably will take over next season?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 20:34
Neil Young?

I want to live,
I want to give,
I want to manage in the National league.

It's these expressions, I never give.
Keep me managing in the National League,
With us scoring goals.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 22:45
Quote:
Matt34
Neil Young?
I want to live,
I want to give,
I want to manage in the National league.

It's these expressions, I never give.
Keep me managing in the National League,
With us scoring goals.

Was that from Art of Goals ?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

04 April, 2018 13:48
See that Woking have parted company with Anthony Limbrick. Woking had a pretty good start to the season but have slid down the table and looks as if they will now be in a relegation scrap.

MESSAGES->author

04 April, 2018 17:41
It seems as if Chester FC are falling apart,, they are going down guaranteed, Bignot is to leave at the end of the season, Neil Young has stepped down from his advisory role with the club, and the chairman and another board member have also stepped down too. Surely we can't drop points to them on Saturday???

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

04 April, 2018 17:58
Quote:
hong kong rover
Surely we can't drop points to them on Saturday???
I've supported Tranmere long enough to know that this is not a given....

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

04 April, 2018 17:59
Unfortunately none of that matters when their players get one chance to put a dent in the hated Tranmere's promotion hopes.

It's one of 4 games you can guarantee they'll actually want to play.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

04 April, 2018 18:48
If the players go with the right attitude and commitment from minute one, we should win comfortably.

The manner of last season's game and our eventual win through Cookie, should prevent any complacency this time and in fairness Chester had a better team then....just.

Hopefully having more fans than the home team, will make it like a PP game?

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

04 April, 2018 20:05
Letโ€™s be honest. We know we will get beat Saturday, itโ€™s the Tranmere way isnโ€™t it? ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

Fiftyyearsarover

04 April, 2018 22:02
Would not be surprised if we lost it but surely with 2000SWA backing them they should be ok BUT โ€”-

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

04 April, 2018 23:08
The Victor Meldrew supporters have turned out in force ๐Ÿ˜…

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2018 23:10 by 853OKG.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 08:21
Quote:
853OKG
The Victor Meldrew supporters have turned out in force ๐Ÿ˜…
yes they have there building up for the day before playoffs.then the ultimate wembley eve !

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 12:51
At least they haven't got James Alabi to terrorise us this year! erm...(Sm128)

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 12:14
It looks like one of those games where the Chester players will be 'up for it' - to the point someone will end up red carded. Chester have imploded and relegation appears to be a certainty. I expect Rovers to have over half the crowd for this one, and a win at the final whistle too.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 16:43
At times some of our supporters are bingo optimistic but by any measure this is a game that we should win but then we should never have dropped points to them at home. If we cannot win this game then a second or third place really would look like optimism

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 23:51
and dont forget the shocking referee factor like last season.

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

06 April, 2018 23:51

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

08 April, 2018 00:33
Quote:
Viking Tranmere

I think it was about twenty minutes before we got our first free kick. And as for the extremely high tackle that their number 35 only got booked for..........................

MESSAGES->author

12 April, 2018 11:29
Bignot left chester yday. Chester didnt see the point of keeping him till end of season.. on the subject of yday, has anybody seen wolves 2nd goal in their 2-0 win vs derby last night? What a strike! Phenomenal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 11:35 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

12 April, 2018 12:20
It says that chester sacked him. Why sack him? Why not just say it was mutual agreement. Doesnt go down well on his cv that he was sacked. It wasnt his fault chester went down. the club were in a mess before he took over. He was a brave man to take the job on in the first place one would think. Brave or stupid?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

12 April, 2018 19:36
Quote:
hong kong rover
It says that chester sacked him. Why sack him? Why not just say it was mutual agreement. Doesnt go down well on his cv that he was sacked. It wasnt his fault chester went down. the club were in a mess before he took over. He was a brave man to take the job on in the first place one would think. Brave or stupid?

I think he told them a few home truths after last Saturday and they didn't like it. Good luck to him-hope he gets a better job soon.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

12 April, 2018 19:37
Quote:
hong kong rover

*ankers I think, Chester are a load of *ankers. Brave or stupid *ankers, *ankers all the same ๐Ÿ‘

Fiftyyearsarover

13 April, 2018 11:53
I honestly donโ€™t think having the supporters own the club works ,egos come into place some want this some that .you must have a figure head to make decisions for the club and to run it as a business ,it works for a while till serious bills come in and no one qualified to make the big decisions that can make or break a club .and the attendance of only about 750 Tuesday is not going put a dent in any monies owed .its a shame a lot of people worked hard to keep the club afloat .i just hope they can keep going

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net