football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Massive News!
01 April, 2018 08:06
Had it on good authority last night from a friend (high up in Unilever) and they are investing heavily into us in the summer, and there is going to be a massive rebranding with even a new name put to a Poll - Wirral Whites United. Then obviously shirt sponsors from there washing powders etc.. on the shirts. As they are a global company, there is massive potential for us. We should clean the leagues up, and they see us as a Premier league club!.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Massive News!
01 April, 2018 08:13
Well shirt sponsorship is not going to happen. B&M have another year and also have first refusal after that date. Maybe back of shirt or shorts. I heard a month ago after the Wrexham game that we were very close to a big investment, but it wasn’t Unilever.

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 08:20
If you hadn’t mentioned a name change, this April Fool may have had a bit more substance!
Very good effort though!

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 08:25
Hold me head in shame, I fell for it.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 10:28
Haha! Just had to ! Sorry!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 10:41
Your jokes are all washed up ,the tide has turned for you .best run for your life boy .do you get my dreft 😀👍. Sorry chaps

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 10:49
I quite liked “clean the leagues up” haha

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 11:02
It really was an excellently player April Fool. Best post on the site for ages!!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 13:13
Should of posted as harpic . . Clean round the bend !

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 13:43
Quote:
TranmereFan
Had it on good authority last night from a friend (high up in Unilever) and they are investing heavily into us in the summer, and there is going to be a massive rebranding with even a new name put to a Poll - Wirral Whites United. Then obviously shirt sponsors from there washing powders etc.. on the shirts. As they are a global company, there is massive potential for us. We should clean the leagues up, and they see us as a Premier league club!.

lol, nice one Tranmere Fan..I was thinking about some of the memorable April fools of the past, the classic one back in the 50s ( before I was born ) when the BBC tried to dupe the nation that spaghetti grew on trees.. I remember a couple of local ones too from years ago,, buried treasure under West Kirby beach, the next morning about 30 individuals armed with metal detectors arrived in West Kirby, lol.. and that classic, there is a massive plug at the bottom of the Mersey and they are going to unplug it to drain the river, the following morning, a gathering of 200/300 people at Pier Head, lol.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 19:54
Very difficult to make believable April fools, but I’m glad we had one faller! Hahahahaha

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

01 April, 2018 20:29
Mike Dean has just been confirmed as the ref for the play-off final.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

02 April, 2018 07:06
Could be worse if unilever ownes us... the tranmere tampons or persil prentoners maybe

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

02 April, 2018 12:07
Unilever takeover .Lux like a rumour

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

04 April, 2018 00:11
Knorr... I dont believe that

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

04 April, 2018 22:56
Well if Tranmere supporters get fobbed off by the owners about any potential future investment, some won't appreciate being soft soaped.

As for a hypothetial scenario where Unilever get involved, well your pa might like it and your Marmite too.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net