Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: I Don't Believe It Match OFF
30 March, 2018 13:23
Half1 .just as our fans arrived

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 13:26
Has there been a cloudburst or continuous rain? Very late decision for travelling supporters. Glad I wasn't going and sorry for those who went.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 13:30
Quote:
hong kong rover
What time was it called off?

What I saw or heard on the Dover O/S that the match ref looked at the pitch at 1.00 pm and it was fine, between then(1.00 pm) and 2.00 pm it started to rain heavy so at some point after one o'clock he decided to call it off because the forecast was for more heavy rain, even so it seemed late calling it off. Don't even think the period at One was even a pitch inspection as such just a general look at the surface.

It's a conspiracy they don't like us, it means a long journey on some Tuesday night in April.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/03/2018 13:31 by BELMONT.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 14:10
Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
hong kong rover
What time was it called off?

What I saw or heard on the Dover O/S that the match ref looked at the pitch at 1.00 pm and it was fine, between then(1.00 pm) and 2.00 pm it started to rain heavy so at some point after one o'clock he decided to call it off because the forecast was for more heavy rain, even so it seemed late calling it off. Don't even think the period at One was even a pitch inspection as such just a general look at the surface.

It's a conspiracy they don't like us, it means a long journey on some Tuesday night in April.

It the British Airways method of cancelling flights at LHR because the weather [for the next few hours]is forecast to be bad rather than waiting to see if it actually IS bad

omd white
OMD WHITE (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 15:36
Maidenhead v Sutton just been abandoned Sutton were 3.2 up

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 17:07
Quote:
OMD WHITE
Maidenhead v Sutton just been abandoned Sutton were 3.2 up

Thats bad for Sutton fans, but looks like Macc have the title in their sights they are not slipping up, we need to finish second or third.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 17:42
Well think Macclesfield have got title they did what we couldn't do win must win game's.

We failed at the start of the season add to that complete failure against Macclesfield at home the other month sealed our fate as not being good enough to take this league.

All the talk of how good our squad is laid out in front of us in tatters sadly we now go into the lottery of the play off knock out even if we manage to win through to the Wembley final do we have the backbone to stand up to the opposition especially if they get in our face.

What ever happens we need a clear out next season player's like McNulty have to go,we need to rebuild early and be ready from day one of the new season we can not wait till October and have another August/September like this season.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 18:58
Yes good win for Macc they played well second half and deserved the win ,that’s them champions and well deserved .they keep going and and win the must win games unlike us ,I stand by my prediction and say we will finish 5th ,you know Wrexham have drawn 11games out of the last16 if they had won more they might have got top spot . Not to much damage done to us today

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 20:58
Belmont...!! If it wasn’t for McNulty we wouldn’t still be in the hunt ..We would be mid table at best ..!! He has been consistently our most consistent player ..A leader ..For sure we haven’t achieved promotion yet but we haven’t been relegated..Get a grip man ..!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 30/03/2018 21:05 by Johnos Hackers.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 21:24
Quote:
Johnos Hackers
Belmont..more like Bellend ..!! If it wasn’t for McNulty we wouldn’t still be in the hunt ..We would be mid table at best ..!! He has been consistently our most consistent player ..A leader ..For sure we haven’t achieved promotion yet but we haven’t been relegated..Get s grip man ..!!!

McNulty is too slow has a habit of giving ball's away and has been at fault of failing in the penalty area,He is at best a good non league C/B.

But something has to change if we are to get out of this league and McNulty is no Goodison it may be hard by on him but a fourth season is looming up in this league.

Hopefully we can regroup and make the play off final and win it and if we do I personally don't want McNulty in league football he's not good enough along with others in the team.

I suppose it's everyone's choice in what you see on the pitch but after 60+year's of watching C/B's in a Tranmere shirt McNulty would not be anywhere near the top of the list.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 22:19
Regardless of what league we are in next season, I only want the following players from our current crop to be with us:

Clarke
Buxton
Tollitt
Jennings
Norburn
Norwood
Cook

I like, and fully support any player playing for rovers, but frankly most are not up to the required standard.

I also still hope we get to Wembley and win, but I’m not exactly confident.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 23:03
Quote:
BELMONT
McNulty is too slow has a habit of giving ball's away and has been at fault of failing in the penalty area,He is at best a good non league C/B.

When he was signed he was at best a centre back good enough to help a club with a bigger fan base than Tranmere get into the top ten of a league higher up than the one Tranmere are in.

He may not be perfect just like any player is, but right now for the money Tranmere can spend, plus the experience and the many results where Tranmere have conceded 0-1 goals, he is about as good as it gets and I have a hunch many other NL teams would consider him up to their standards and some league 2 sides would too.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 23:13
Quote:
mini_andy
Regardless of what league we are in next season, I only want the following players from our current crop to be with us:
Clarke
Buxton
Tollitt
Jennings
Norburn
Norwood
Cook

I like, and fully support any player playing for rovers, but frankly most are not up to the required standard.

I also still hope we get to Wembley and win, but I’m not exactly confident.
Davies, Sutton,Harris !!!
I think Tollitt was excellent but his injuries may have had a detrimental effect on his form of late. He is ,currently, not the player he was but I really hope it's just rustiness rather than the loss of confidence some players experience after a serious injury.
Shuker was never the same after his injury.
Hopefully he'll score a hat trick on Monday and prove me wrong!☺

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 23:36
[quote Johnos Hackers]Belmont...!! If it wasn’t for McNulty we wouldn’t still be in the hunt ..We would be mid table at best ..!! He has been consistently our most consistent player ..A leader ..For sure we haven’t achieved promotion yet but we haven’t been relegated..Get a grip.Belmont says we gona finish 8th if he is right I gona watch chester nxt season.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

30 March, 2018 23:42
[quote Loyden1][quote Johnos Hackers]Belmont...!! If it wasn’t for McNulty we wouldn’t still be in the hunt ..We would be mid table at best ..!! He has been consistently our most consistent player ..A leader ..For sure we haven’t achieved promotion yet but we haven’t been relegated..Get a grip.Belmont says we gona finish 8th if he is right I gona watch chester nxt season.[/quote]

what? in the league below? lol

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

31 March, 2018 08:03
Harris would be hard to replace.We have no contracted player who can cover the same role

Fiftyyearsarover

31 March, 2018 10:02
Ok Macnulty coming to the end but what he lacks in speed reads the game well ,also he is the captain not just in name like Jennings was .but on the field ,like a foghorn sometimes just what is needed he is ok for the NL

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

31 March, 2018 10:45
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Ok Macnulty coming to the end but what he lacks in speed reads the game well ,also he is the captain not just in name like Jennings was .but on the field ,like a foghorn sometimes just what is needed he is ok for the NL

He has a job lined up as a Sumo wrestler when he retires from Tranmere....

Fiftyyearsarover

31 March, 2018 11:00
No.he has lost the job ,he has an unfair advantage on the others 😀

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

05 April, 2018 21:35
Weather forecast for Saturday is heavy rain from about 10am. Surely we can't have another game postponed!! Not sure what state Chester's pitch is in. At least we haven't far to travel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net