football
Latest News:

dixie60
dixie60 (IP Logged)

demise of Rothmans Sky Football Yearbook?
21 March, 2018 12:34
I gather this once essential football reference work is biting the dust. Sky don't want to pay the £10,000 pa cost. Can anyone suggest other sources of information to update Tranmere's Complete Record, which goes up to the 08/09 season please?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: demise of Rothmans Sky Football Yearbook?
21 March, 2018 13:16
Sad to hear that about Rothmans, on a par with the Wisden cricket yearly almanac/book. Both of them sporting reference bibles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2018 13:24 by hong kong rover.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

21 March, 2018 13:42
Gone the way of the Grays Sports Almanac!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

21 March, 2018 13:58
Such a modest subsidy when you consider the money sky makes from football and pays to the premier league

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

21 March, 2018 16:22
I can't understand it. I have a full set of both Wisdens and a full set of Rothmans. I know the Wisdens are valuable and perhaps the Rothmans will become so in time!

MESSAGES->author

22 March, 2018 04:21
On the subject of Wisden and cricket, first day of the first test in Auckland started this morning and England first innings 58 all out OMG WTF..bowled out in 20 overs before lunch. Recently annihilated in the ashes series and now this! Serious problems in English test cricket.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/03/2018 09:16 by hong kong rover.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

22 March, 2018 11:13
And they were 25-9 !!!

MESSAGES->author

22 March, 2018 11:18
Quote:
martyd12
And they were 25-9 !!!

Lol one can only laugh at how unbelievably bad that is, martyd12. The equivalent of being 8-0 down after only 15 mins. Thank god I was at work and didnt witness it.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

22 March, 2018 19:11
Quote:
martyd12
And they were 25-9 !!!

At least Craig Overton will be able to tell his kids that he scored well over 50% of the England teams' score whilst batting at number 9!!

MESSAGES->author

29 March, 2018 16:05
Massive furore in Australia and the cricketing world about this ball tampering business in their test match in South Africa.. This made me laugh,, a young South African cricket fan asked Australian spinner Nathan Lyon for his autograph and handed Lyon a pen and a piece of sandpaper to scrawl it down on, lol.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

29 March, 2018 22:41
Were the sanctions imposed on Smith and Bancroft fair. Probably but I have to say that watching Smith in particular made me feel very sorry for him and I hope those 2 come back better and stronger than ever. The less said about the third number of the trio the better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net