football
Latest News:

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

James Norwood - Clinical Finisher!!
13 March, 2018 05:18
I had to watch the Daggers highlights again just now as I thought I might have been dreaming first time round seeing how Norwood scored his goals....
Credit where credit is due as there have been loads of comments on here and even from the Wirral Radio lads on Saturday but Norwood's finishing for both his goals was top drawer... clinical and very very skilful.
I was interested to hear Wallace in his post match interview saying that MM had had a right good go at Norwood in the last few days - wonder what that was all about but fantastic play on Saturday irrespective.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: James Norwood - Clinical Finisher!!
13 March, 2018 07:05
Yes some great goals n quality finishing from norwood n cook. I watched the goals on the latest vanarama national league highlights show. Saw the 7 goals that fylde put past aldershot on a well muddy pitch. Surprised to see that quite a few shots fans had made the long journey up to see the game. Must have been a horrible trip back for them after that annihilation lol.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 07:20
Aldershot are as brittle as cold chocolate Chester put 8 past them 2 years ago

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 10:43
It all boils down to the day ,as we all know the top 10 sides especially in the NL can beat each other .the one who limps into 7th spot could find form and win it .with the playoffs it’s about who performs on the day .you could have 12 wins on the trot to the final ,but if you don’t perform on that day it’s all been in vain

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 10:55
As I have been a critic along with many others about his misses .i was made up with those two goals Saturday first class finishing ,but I have learnt he is more about goal scoring the work he gets through is phenomenal .he and Cook on a good day must be a nightmare to keep in check.its just a pity it took MM so long to play them together

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 11:18
His all round play was excellent. From his running off the ball, to his hold up play and link up play with Cooke and Jennings. Top player.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 16:52
I've had reservations about our strikers, especially Norwood, but they were excellent on Saturday. They really played together and, even when things didn't come off, it was always clear what they were trying to do. If - and, unfortunately, it must be an if - they carry on like that, they may well be the best strike force in this league. However, the question will always remain : why did take so long? And a further question is whether they (and the rest of the team) can do it against the top sides and in big games? I know others will disagree, but I also thought that Wallace coming back could prove the decisive factor if we are to go up.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 18:42
As a pairing they are the equal of any combination in this division and at times they have suffered from fans thinking that strikers put every opportunity away.
Cooke was badly messed about either side of the end of last season and the start of this but his return in a Rovers shirt and at Barrow has been excellent.

It is ironic that both pre date MM and what a contrast they form with Alabi who has not only been unimpressive here but also at Dover.

I really hope that MM gives a priority to retaining Cooke. I remember Cox saying he was the kind of player that needs a managers arm over his shoulder to bring the best out of him. There was a time when he may well have had grounds for thinking that the manage rdid not rate him. Hopefully that is no longer the case and he can be encouraged to stay

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 19:12
It would depend on the financial deal he is offered.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 23:02
Also who is offering it.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 13:32
It could be said that MM had his approach spot on as the pairing was not working when they did play together, partly because there are 9 other players to consider. The front two are as good as the service they get in general, e.g. Connor Jennings setting up first goal. The first Norwood goal was more of an individual effort. the team in general is playing with confidence and setting up chances. And as for taking so long to pair them, in first three months they played as a pair in a significant number of games. At least three where they didn't was because either were unavailable. A few others they ended up as the pair via substitutes - MM was trying out Alabi. So the facts don't fit the assertion that MM wasn't playing them together early on. They just weren't functioning as they are now, and that is as much because of the other 9 players as them. I looked at the selection for every game for the first three months when results were a bit iffy to say the least.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 18:43
Just one thing baffles me about this homage to Norwood;
where is Hoots!!
I know, he's sat in his best reclining chair (you know, the one reserved for special occasions), his framed Norwood picture on his lap, wearing his smartest smoking jacket, with a big fat Havana cigar and a large glass of the finest single malt, munching on a bowl of his favourite Doritos (the proper ones, not the Aldi wannabes; this is an extra special occasion and worth the extra wedge!), a wry grin on his face (that's lasted so long his face is hurting), saying "I told you so. The boy done good!".
Hoots heaven!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net