football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Jamie Carragher
12 March, 2018 16:45
Did you see what he did? Terrible! Surely no way back from that to the TV?

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Jamie Carragher
12 March, 2018 16:48
He's going to be on a new TV show . .sitting on bob carrogees knee.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 16:56
Quote:
Loyden1
He's going to be on a new TV show . .sitting on bob carrogees knee.

I dunno that Dog had more class

pez
pez (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 17:02
If I did that to someone at work, I would be sacked on the spot.

Doesn't matter whether he apologised or not, who does this clown think he is?

It's a wonder he's not being sued by the girl's father.

Surely he's got to walk for that?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 17:11
Such a shame, nice bloke, i worked in bootle strand about 15 years ago and a girl asked him to sign a ball.... he agreed, she then asked would he wait while she went to jd and bought a ball..... he agreed and signed every autograph he was asked for patiently .

We all know the anger when tranmere lose a big game and somebody taunts us, we all lose it, i was shouting to a chester supporter who was calling us smackheads at full time ' see you outside mate' as i was leaving the town paddock.... and we drew!!!

Such a shame as he is an intelligent, articulate summeriser but spitting cannot be condoned. Sadly he has to go .

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 17:39
Why did he even open his window?

I hope the police deal with the driver accordingly. Using a phone whilst driving is against the law.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 18:01
Quote:
the kav
Such a shame, nice bloke, i worked in bootle strand about 15 years ago and a girl asked him to sign a ball.... he agreed, she then asked would he wait while she went to jd and bought a ball..... he agreed and signed every autograph he was asked for patiently .
We all know the anger when tranmere lose a big game and somebody taunts us, we all lose it, i was shouting to a chester supporter who was calling us smackheads at full time ' see you outside mate' as i was leaving the town paddock.... and we drew!!!

Such a shame as he is an intelligent, articulate summeriser but spitting cannot be condoned. Sadly he has to go .

He was hardly goaded, it was a bit of light hearted banter, he would be denying it until he was blue in the face if he wasn’t recorded.

mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 18:19
Two complete idiots who can't behave should both get what they deserve. The sack, six points, and, most of all, loss of respect from their children.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 21:05
I watched his Sky interview today and as he had to be was very contrite. I am sure the incident was completely out of character but it has caused great upset to 2 families and may ultimately cost Carragher his job. I understand he was shortly to start 2 weeks leave in any event. I understand Sky do not want to sack him but they may have no choice. They will take the absence to gauge public reaction knowing the type of hostility he might face in the future from taunting fans.

I personally hope he survives. He could possibly still face police action although I doubt he would receive no more than a caution if it got that far.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 21:58
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
the kav

He was hardly goaded, it was a bit of light hearted banter, he would be denying it until he was blue in the face if he wasn’t recorded.

He was ''hardly goaded'' in the bit of the recording that has appeared. I am pretty sure that there is quite a lot more to it than the bit we've seen.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 22:09
Why wasn't he simply concentrating on his driving? Was he driving without due care and attention?
Surely what makes him a professional in his role is that he can treat whatever abuse he may get in an appropriate manner?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 06:49
I am not defending carragher for his actions but of all the people that have publically come out slammimg carragher is non other than that despicable human being, joey' thug' barton. What a bloody nerve from this individual that has run up a catalogue of appalling behaviour in the past, including stubbing out lit cigarettes in teammates faces. Barton has no right whatsoever to have a go at carragher. Who the bloody hell does he think is? Some kind of good samaritan? He is a thug both on and off the pitch and the little scouse t*ss should keep his beak shut.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 07:19
Didn't Barton beat someone up when he was taunted outside Maccies on paradise street?

MESSAGES->author

13 March, 2018 08:43
Quote:
the kav
Didn't Barton beat someone up when he was taunted outside Maccies on paradise street?

He is a horrible individual kav.. I read about a liverpool fan describing barton on one of their fans forums..

Joey barton a pillar of society..No
Joey barton a pillock of society..Yes

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 10:22
This is similar to Angus Deayton when he was on Have I Got News for You. How can Carragher possibly criticise a player for spitting at someone with any credibility after spitting at a 14 year old girl. His reactions relate precisely to something we see on football pitches and pundits are expected to criticise. (This is different to when cricket commentator is convicted of domestic assault, and did return after a suspension given there is nothing in cricket related to his actions.)

The annoying part of the coverage of Carragher is that it's ignored that he has form for this type of thing. He once reacted to the crowd goading him by throwing a coin into the Arsenal fans, which hit a women in the face. This is something the media seem to have forgotten about. That was a one-off reaction which would never be repeated, according to the Guardian story at the time. It might have been 16 years ago, but how many people have 1, yet alone 2, of these stories about them?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/jan/28/newsstory.sport1

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 10:33
Don’t condone what Jamie did it’s a horrible think to do, spitting on someone is hideous,but what I can gather the other guy kept driving alongside shouting abuse ,back off and come again ,if he shouted F-off the guy would have said he swore in front of his daughter who was with this cretin ,Jamie should have ignored him and drove off ,but like most men he won’t put up with abuse and reacted in a disgusting way .but what about the Manc cretin who abused Jamie ,what gives him the right to abuse anyone in this manner and to have his young daughter with him who is no doubt now famous for having the dad who abused a footballer.like many people today this cretin managers to turn things around ,he is now the abused can’t people take responsibility for their own actions .bad choice Jamie .but who does not react in a regetable manner when pushed ,what makes it worse this cretin could have got a decent guy sacked from his job for something he did not start .as for Joey Barton the less said the better just treat him with the contempt he deserves

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 12:02
about 20 percent of football TV coverage is of (male) footballers spitting. Doesn't matter if they have run length pitch or have just run onto the pitch during a substitution.

However, spitting at someone is outrageous. Hopefully he will use his job. The photo footage suggests the window was closed because the spit seems to have spread out as though it has hit the window?

Fiftyyearsarover

13 March, 2018 13:55
Loved that joke Loyden ,Jamie could get a job sitting on bob carregees knee ,could be a cert for the next-spitting Image programme

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 18:12
The family have asked Sky not to sack Carragher; that'll do for me. If they can forgive then who are we to be offended on their behalf. Those without sin cast the first stone.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 19:12
Quote:
Phil65
The family have asked Sky not to sack Carragher; that'll do for me. If they can forgive then who are we to be offended on their behalf. Those without sin cast the first stone.

As I said earlier,''I am pretty sure that there is quite a lot more to it than the bit we've seen.'' I think one or two chickens maybe coming home to roost for Mr Hughes.

Fiftyyearsarover

13 March, 2018 20:08
I think so to hoots ,for a start summons himfor driving whilst on the phone and careless driving .and having started the whole thing is projected as the victim another candidate for the wasn’t me guv brigade .there are to many. People who think celebs are fair game to abuse but don’t like it when they are on the receiving end .if he was so concerned about his daughter he should not have behaved in the way he did to start with

Bolton Rover
Bolton Rover (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 22:49
Like Carragher but it doesn’t seem he was goaded very much and I just can’t understand how anyone would react like that, especially someone paid handsomely to be on TV. I’m starting to think maybe he is an utter dick after all.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 22:57
Quote:
Bolton Rover
Like Carragher but it doesn’t seem he was goaded very much and I just can’t understand how anyone would react like that, especially someone paid handsomely to be on TV. I’m starting to think maybe he is an utter dick after all.

Exactly! Wouldn’t even dream of doing it to say a Wrexham or Chester fan that was goading after a RARE win. And he’s a over paid Football and TV star, that’s supposed to be an example to kids.

Fiftyyearsarover

13 March, 2018 23:02
Like the guy .supposed to be an example to his daughter ,he sure set a good example

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 06:50
If I spat at some one on my way home from work and they reported it, I’d be in trouble. If proven I’m sure I’d be sacked. Why should if be different for him. He paid for his travel and expenses, so he’s still at that point representing sky. Unacceptable full stop.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 09:00
Steven gerrard was getting more abuse then carragher on saturday.... at one point 60000 were singing have you ever seen gerrard win the league....

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 09:50
Sorry but Jamie took the job for Sky TV and the money that goes with it ,alongside that comes responsibility and behaviour and the fact he is old enough to behave. So he has to go give him his P45 in time it will be forgotten and Jamie will reappear some where else in time.

As for the driver should be fined for using his phone whilst driving but again I suppose it would have to be seen by a Police Officer's at the time it took place.

Fiftyyearsarover

14 March, 2018 12:10
Just been announced Jamie suspended for rest of season ,good move ,let things settle down ,I bet he won’t do that again ,get a driver Jamie and tint the back windows

MESSAGES->author

14 March, 2018 13:22
A recent interview with Jamie Carragher..

I - Hi Jamie, thanks for giving up some of your free time for this interview, the questions won't take up too much of your time.

JC - No problem la, fire away!

I - OK, my first question, Where do you presently reside?

JC - Oh! its interesting you should ask me that coz i've recently moved house. I've just purchased a large property at SPITAL on the Wirral.

I - Oh! very nice. Now my next question is one that you may feel uncomfortable with but i feel that it is a question that i really need to put to you and i would hope that you will give me an honest and straightforward answer, Do you suffer from any mental health issues?

JC - Yes, i am sorry to say that i was recently diagnosed with SPIT-personality disorder.

I - I am sorry to hear about that but thank you for your honest answer and i am pleased that we have managed to get that question out of the way, anyway moving on, my next couple of questions are related to your childhood, Did you eat lots of sweets when you were a young lad? and what was your favourite nursery rhyme when growing up?

JC - I have a real sweet tooth. I ate loads of sweets as a young lad and i particularly liked GOBstoppers. My fave nursery rhyme, erm! thats a toughie, erm! i suppose it would have to be, 'Jack SPAT' you know the one i mean , 'Jack Spat would eat no fat, his wife would....'

I - OK , thanks, now my next question, Are you religious?

JC - Yes, I firmly believe that SALIVATION lies within and i would just like to add that i always generously donate to the SALIVATION Army every Christmas.

I - Thats very kind and benevolent of you Jamie, now moving on to my next question, What do you like eating and drinking?

JC - Oh! I love a good hog roast cooked on a SPIT and there is nothing better than washing it down with a nice red wine SPITZER. Its so mouth-watering and always gets me SALIVATING at the mouth.

I - I believe you are very good pals with the boxer Tony Bellew and how do you think his rematch with David Haye will go?

JC - Yes, myself n Tony are good mates and as you know he is a big Evertonian. I will be attending his rematch with Haye and i honestly think it will be a very close fight, possibly going to a SPIT decision.

I - Now staying on the subject of sports, Who is your all time favourite Olympian?

JC - Without doubt that would be the legendary American swimmer Mark SPITZ.

I - Ok thanks for that Jamie, now my next question, Do you like reading and who would be your favourite author?

JC - Yes, I am a real bookworm and i love reading. I really enjoy those novels by Ernest PHLEGMingway.

I - And now on to the subject of the movies and TV, Do you enjoy going to the cinema and which film have u seen recently?

JC - Oh yes, I am a real movie buff. The last movie i saw was the remake of ' I SPIT On Your Grave.' I thoroughly enjoyed it and would strongly recommend it to all.

I - And tv, what is your all time favourite tv show?

JC - Oh, thats an easy one, 'SPITTING Image.' I love the satire and always roar with laughter when its on.

I - Now that your football career is over, you are now involved with broadcasting and punditry, I would like to know if there is anyone in football broadcasting that has helped you along the way?

JC - When i first started out, Alan GREENIE was a big help to me. I owe him a big debt of gratitude.

I - And my final question is one that my son has asked me to ask you, What is your favourite mythical creature?

JC - I dont really have one but if i were forced to give an answer then it would probably be a 'GOBlin.'

I - Well thats it Jamie, thanks so much for your time and i sincerely hope that u are able to keep your job with Sky Sports.

JC - No worries la, be seein' ya.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/03/2018 15:10 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover

14 March, 2018 13:26
Just found out this guy Hughes is welsh and lives in Colwyn Bay ,known for hating scousers already getting death threats and abuse ,also it seems the cops are going to “have a word “ which in plod speak means not going to prosecute him for using a phone whilst driving or for careless driving ,why not you can hear his daughter asking him to stop filming so he cant say he wasn’t. .if that was me at work when I was trucking it would be 6pts and lose my job and heavy fine ,the bigger @#$%& you are the less severe you get treated

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 13:43
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Just found out this guy Hughes is welsh and lives in Colwyn Bay ,known for hating scousers already getting death threats and abuse ,also it seems the cops are going to “have a word “ which in plod speak means not going to prosecute him for using a phone whilst driving or for careless driving ,why not you can hear his daughter asking him to stop filming so he cant say he wasn’t. .if that was me at work when I was trucking it would be 6pts and lose my job and heavy fine ,the bigger @#$%& you are the less severe you get treated

How can they justifiably prosecute anybody else for using a mobile phone whilst driving if they don't prosecute him?

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 17:39
Quote:
hong kong rover
A recent interview with Jamie Carragher..
I - Hi Jamie, thanks for giving up some of your free time for this interview, the questions won't take up too much of your time.

JC - No problem la, fire away!

I - OK, my first question, Where do you presently reside?

JC - Oh! its interesting you should ask me that coz i've recently moved house. I've just purchased a large property at SPITAL on the Wirral.

I - Oh! very nice. Now my next question is one that you may feel uncomfortable with but i feel that it is a question that i really need to put to you and i would hope that you will give me an honest and straightforward answer, Do you suffer from any mental health issues?

JC - Yes, i am sorry to say that i was recently diagnosed with SPIT-personality disorder.

I - I am sorry to hear about that but thank you for your honest answer and i am pleased that we have managed to get that question out of the way, anyway moving on, my next couple of questions are related to your childhood, Did you eat lots of sweets when you were a young lad? and what was your favourite nursery rhyme when growing up?

JC - I have a real sweet tooth. I ate loads of sweets as a young lad and i particularly liked GOBstoppers. My fave nursery rhyme, erm! thats a toughie, erm! i suppose it would have to be, 'Jack SPAT' you know the one i mean , 'Jack Spat would eat no fat, his wife would....'

I - OK , thanks, now my next question, Are you religious?

JC - Yes, I firmly believe that SALIVATION lies within and i would just like to add that i always generously donate to the SALIVATION Army every Christmas.

I - Thats very kind and benevolent of you Jamie, now moving on to my next question, What do you like eating and drinking?

JC - Oh! I love a good hog roast cooked on a SPIT and there is nothing better than washing it down with a nice red wine SPITZER. Its so mouth-watering and always gets me SALIVATING at the mouth.

I - I believe you are very good pals with the boxer Tony Bellew and how do you think his rematch with David Haye will go?

JC - Yes, myself n Tony are good mates and as you know he is a big Evertonian. I will be attending his rematch with Haye and i honestly think it will be a very close fight, possibly going to a SPIT decision.

I - Now staying on the subject of sports, Who is your all time favourite Olympian?

JC - Without doubt that would be the legendary American swimmer Mark SPITZ.

I - Ok thanks for that Jamie, now my next question, Do you like reading and who would be your favourite author?

JC - Yes, I am a real bookworm and i love reading. I really enjoy those novels by Ernest PHLEGMingway.

I - And now on to the subject of the movies and TV, Do you enjoy going to the cinema and which film have u seen recently?

JC - Oh yes, I am a real movie buff. The last movie i saw was the remake of ' I SPIT On Your Grave.' I thoroughly enjoyed it and would strongly recommend it to all.

I - And tv, what is your all time favourite tv show?

JC - Oh, thats an easy one, 'SPITTING Image.' I love the satire and always roar with laughter when its on.

I - Now that your football career is over, you are now involved with broadcasting and punditry, I would like to know if there is anyone in football broadcasting that has helped you along the way?

JC - When i first started out, Alan GREENIE was a big help to me. I owe him a big debt of gratitude.

I - And my final question is one that my son has asked me to ask you, What is your favourite mythical creature?

JC - I dont really have one but if i were forced to give an answer then it would probably be a 'GOBlin.'

I - Well thats it Jamie, thanks so much for your time and i sincerely hope that u are able to keep your job with Sky Sports.

JC - No worries la, be seein' ya.

That's not very hoSPITable; deSPITe that it's very funny HKR. In fact, my sides are SPITting so much I think I might end up in hoSPITal!
Should fanS PITy Jamie?
I think he needs some reSPITe from all this now!

Fiftyyearsarover

14 March, 2018 17:57
Brilliant lads ,Ioved it ,

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

15 March, 2018 13:59
JC's answers are very phlegmatic?

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 March, 2018 22:13
All I can say is good golly

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2018 00:33
HKR actually writes jokes for a greetings card company on an ad "hock" basis and then the company "spits" the profits two ways with him (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Fiftyyearsarover

16 March, 2018 09:38
Jamie moving house ,going to Live in GOBowen

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

16 March, 2018 16:27
I’ve heard he’s retraining as a SPITfire pilot next

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

17 March, 2018 00:43
He's off to Newcastle to watch the toon.. . .spittoon

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

17 March, 2018 08:43
Well, I for one, will be glad when it's all over for him, the cruel jibes end and we hear "We welcome back Jamie Carragher, who'S PITchside to give us the latest".
It'S PATently obvious to me that we need the expulsion of this stream of bile to clear the way for the lad to move forward!

MESSAGES->author

17 March, 2018 10:55
some good ones there chaps, lol.

MESSAGES->author

19 March, 2018 06:53
A funny joke I read the other day from the late great Sir Ken Dodd..

The guy that invented cats eyes simply came across the idea when one night whilst driving, his car headlights shone directly into the eyes of a cat that was standing in the middle of the road. If the cat had been facing the other way, then he would have invented the pencil sharpener.. lol, quality from a true comic great.

I remember reading an article in Bobby Charltons book about Kenn Dodd. The England world cup team went to see Ken Dodd live on stage. The Northern players liked him, the Southern ones didn't.. Fkn typical of Southern t*ssers.

The very first time I went into a theatre was as a young lad to see Ken Dodd in pantomime at the Liverpool Empire.

Fiftyyearsarover

19 March, 2018 18:07
You sure got your moneys worth with Ken Dodd went to see him in Southport ,it was nearly 1am when we escaped .l used to go with a girl who’s claim to fame was she was one of the diddy men ,first time I slept with her she looked very disappointed and said I see you was a diddyman to .what did she mean by that ,I never worked with ken Dodd 🤔

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

20 March, 2018 11:33
Should of used your tickling stick50

Fiftyyearsarover

20 March, 2018 12:31
Well it was -5 Loyden ,more like a tickling twig 😡

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

20 March, 2018 17:15
Is it okay to ask "Has Jamie been saved by Ant McPartlin?".

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

21 March, 2018 00:36
Is it okay? This is total Tranmere not The Last Leg (Sm6)

I doubt Jamie has, because Ant McPartlin's incident was not that similar. Had he spat at someone and been found out, then maybe it would, but his circumstances are not the same.

Put it another way; if a b£llend of a dictator in North Korea decided to test another nuke in the Pacific, would your attention be averted for several days from the unpleasant truth that America has a b£llend of a different kind in charge?

Probably not, because you might think I wonder how the Yankee b£llend will respond to the Asian B£llend's nuke test?

I feel Ant McPartlin is not Jamie Carragher's unexpected white knight, but more so just another reasonably popular famous person, who's behaviour has garnered attention for the wrong reason(s), but had he spat, as outlined before, then maybe Carragher would be sleeping a little easier tonight, perhaps thinking they'll be vilifying that McPartlin guy for the next week, which will give me time to keep my head down and start some kind of trust building exercise with the disaffected in British society right now.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

21 March, 2018 15:34
Guess he now knows what a carragher assassination is

MESSAGES->author

21 March, 2018 15:35
Quote:
853OKG
Guess he now knows what a carragher assassination is

lol nice one

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net