football
Latest News:

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Bt sport
11 March, 2018 11:18
BT sport have agreed another 3years coverage of the NL .good news for all the clubs

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Bt sport
11 March, 2018 12:24
Let's hope it becomes of only academic interest to us

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 14:24
next live game on bt sport is a battle at the wrong end of the table, barrow v hartlepool a week on wednesday then 3 days later rovers v eastleigh live

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 18:48
Hope the deal includes better fee's to the teams involved.

Currently, they are frankly insulting (I think it's £6,500.00 to the home team and the away team considerably less?).

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 22:37
To be honest it wasn't too far back that clubs at NL / conference level were getting nothing, because they never had anything screened, so any broadcaster knowing they have no obligation to screen anything at that level, can offer clubs the kind of money you stated for a broadcast and then ask themselves the question, if we stop broadcasting NL football and go back to past days, would any NL clubs find getting £0 in broadcast revenues insulting?

Probably not, as they could see themselves getting anything at all as welcomed income and not derisory broadcast fees.

The broadcaster in question could see the renewal, even at a hypothetical "same as before" financing level, as something NL clubs should be grateful for and not disappointed with, lest they be accused of biting the hand that feeds.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 22:46
My whole point is, that as VNL Clubs receive no funding whatsoever the fees could and probably should be more generous.

Compared to Sky, who used to pay 60K to the home team when we were in FL 1, almost 5 years ago.

If BT were not making money out of the whole package of football coverage, we would be cast aside without a second thought.

Vanarama sponsor the league along with Jako but, where does the revenue go and what is the combined overall deal worth?

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 23:29
Wagamama and Marriott staff should be grateful they're in a job and getting a wage too!
Let the fat belly of the greedy conglomerates grow and grow.
It's a dog eat dog world. Chihuahuas against bullmastiffs.
Please sir, I want some more. Dickens turns in his grave.
Progress; just a concept.
TGI (Trite Greedy Infidels); WTF Fridays more appropriate.
BT (Blatant Theft)
Trumptastic!

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 07:22
4000 home and 1000 away I believe. We lose money every home game shown live

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 14:11
Quote:
Phil65
Wagamama and Marriott staff should be grateful they're in a job and getting a wage too!
BT (Blatant Theft)
Trumptastic!

??????

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 16:44
if carragher gets the sack wonder if bt sport would have him lol. would rather anyone at bt sport to replace that insufferable dean saunders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2018 16:46 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 17:40
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
Phil65
BT (Blatant Theft)
Trumptastic!

??????

Lol!! It made sense to me at the time!

The kav is heading in the right direction; we lose revenue for every bum not on a seat. We'd do well to break even.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 13:27
Maybe there's more to it than just the individual games that are televised and how the numbers of paying fans is impacted.
I guess that the league itself will get money from BT that is shared amongst the clubs, and when a match at PP is on TV we can get more cash from other advertisers who get their names shown to a wider audience? And more people will see what a fantastic place PP is and will come to the next match?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net