football
Latest News:

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

7-1
10 March, 2018 17:35
Seems to have been the score of the day.

Unbeleviable result for Fylde at home to Aldershot, very dangerous if they make the play offs, if not potential champs next year with the mangment team and money they have.

Great result for Gateshead against more modest opposition.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: 7-1
10 March, 2018 18:15
Fylde's three demolitions of Aldershot, Macc and ourselves have occurred at home. Personally think they've been spiking the water (or our lads had been on the pop New Year's Eve!!); failing that the altitude is extremely deceptive!
If they don't make second or third, I don't fancy them as they have been more fallible away from home. We beat them comfortably at PP and on that occasion I don't think they looked any better than the majority of teams who have visited this season.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 05:18
I wonder how Gary Waddock will conduct his post-mortem? lol. Some of AFC Fyldes home results this season so far..

H Tranmere - Won 5-2
H Macclesfield - Won 6-0
H Aldershot - Won 7-1
H Maidenhead - Lost 1-4
H Woking - Lost 1-2
H Leyton Orient - Lost 0-1

Doesn't make much sense really, lol.. Mind u the whole VNL season so far hasn't made a lot of sense!

13 March, 2018 12:15
We need to avoid them if in the play off lottery.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 18:09
Quote:
steve mungalls Highlights
We need to avoid them if in the play off lottery.
They have a lot of cash behind them, wonder if they get in the playoffs if they will go out and buy a load of players to support the push

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 15:36
Quote:
hong kong rover
I wonder how Gary Waddock will conduct his post-mortem? lol. Some of AFC Fyldes home results this season so far..
H Tranmere - Won 5-2
H Macclesfield - Won 6-0
H Aldershot - Won 7-1
H Maidenhead - Lost 1-4
H Woking - Lost 1-2
H Leyton Orient - Lost 0-1

Doesn't make much sense really, lol.. Mind u the whole VNL season so far hasn't made a lot of sense!

Well it mirrors Tranmere teams of the past.....

Wirral Mike
Wirral Mike (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 17:43
Speaking of 7-1s, whilst the Fylde result at the weekend against the Shots understandably got the most attention because of their league positions, Maidenhead also suffered the same fate, at the hands of the Heed - 12th in the table - then they go and get a very decent draw last night away at B'wood, which of course was great for SWA. The only thing you can be sure of in this league is you can't reliably predict anything.

Following HKR's examples above of AFC Fylde's erratic form if I remember rightly when Fylde walloped us lots of posters on here confidently predicted a swift climb to the top for them, along with our demise of course, and then the very next game they were held at home by the mighty Chester....yes of course they can still realistically make the POs but just who is going to drop out to make way for them?

According to BBC the attendance at B'wood last night was 401....really, 401 for a team in the POs? Assuming that's not a misprint SWA should double the crowd this Saturday and hopefully cheer on the boys to another 3 points

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 18:25
Quote:
Wirral Mike
Speaking of 7-1s, whilst the Fylde result at the weekend against the Shots understandably got the most attention because of their league positions, Maidenhead also suffered the same fate, at the hands of the Heed - 12th in the table - then they go and get a very decent draw last night away at B'wood, which of course was great for SWA. The only thing you can be sure of in this league is you can't reliably predict anything.
Following HKR's examples above of AFC Fylde's erratic form if I remember rightly when Fylde walloped us lots of posters on here confidently predicted a swift climb to the top for them, along with our demise of course, and then the very next game they were held at home by the mighty Chester....yes of course they can still realistically make the POs but just who is going to drop out to make way for them?

According to BBC the attendance at B'wood last night was 401....really, 401 for a team in the POs? Assuming that's not a misprint SWA should double the crowd this Saturday and hopefully cheer on the boys to another 3 points

I have it on good authority (my prediction league!!) that Wrexham will drop out for Fylde on the last game of the season. They don't call me Prophetic Phil for nothing.......or was that pathetic??

Wirral Mike
Wirral Mike (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 18:50
Have you told Dai Kwon Do Phil that the Dragons will not make it?

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 18:56
Quote:
Wirral Mike
Have you told Dai Kwon Do Phil that the Dragons will not make it?

I'm working on a suitable communication aid to assist him to understand. Just looking for appropriate pictures.

Wirral Mike
Wirral Mike (IP Logged)

14 March, 2018 18:57
yes I am sure you can pull the wool over his eyes

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

15 March, 2018 10:56
I've never managed to attend every home game in one season but the closest I got was when I only missed one game in the 1975-6 season when we won promotion from Division 4 under the guidance of the great JK and Ronnie Moore's 30+ goals (34 I think).

The game I missed was the one against Torquay ... we won 7-1!! I was gutted. However, I did get to see 6-0 (Workington) and a couple of games where we scored 5. Great memories!!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2018 00:22
I remember a season some years ago when Stevenage could have got promoted to the football league, but their ground didn't meet safety standards and Torquay got a reprieve from the drop.

It didn't save them from it at a later date, but I bet at the time some of their fans were breathing a sigh of relief, but many of the Stevenage fans would have had a right to be gutted.

However they do have league football now, so that's alright for them.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net