football
Latest News:

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

Next up: Dagenham and Redbridge (A)
10 March, 2018 10:21
This fixture has a lot of resonance for a lot of (boring) reasons - should be a fixture between two league teams, both sides play football, always tough opponents. Yeah, yeah, yeah. What is of far more significance is the systematic cheating our opponents have been involved in for a very long time. I am obviously referring to the fact that the Daggers are two teams in one which gives them a massive advantage. Cheats.

Anyway, back in reality, this is a tough game actually because they are a decent team so we will have to be on our game to get a victory. Clearly they are not the power they once were but they are on their own patch, so have pride at stake. And a chance to dent our hopes.

Team news is fairly straightforward with Norburn suspended and Hughes/Kirby injured but formation and line ups are far from clear, though Traore appears to be a definite starter in the centre of midfield.

Every game has to taken on its merits now and we should try to not to look to far ahead. That’s impossible though and I will be living every minute of it this afternoon and constantly checking the score in other games.

Let the stress and frustration commence!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Next up: Dagenham and Redbridge (A)
10 March, 2018 10:30
Whites win 1-0

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 12:52
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Whites win 1-0

Super positive post 50!!! And I think you could be right!☺ 0-1

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 13:00
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Whites win 1-0

Super positive post 50!!! And I think you could be right!☺ 0-1

Have you not heard, Dagenham are wearing their new white home kit for the first time today smiling smiley
Still, I'm going for a 1-0 win too, but for the SWA!

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 14:49
Hoping for a good win I have said 2=1 prediction league but hope for more goals from us,
I have macc on my acca so that should give them a loss or draw.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 14:50
Very interesting team sheet.
Monthe starting ahead of Sutton and hold the front page Wallace on the bench!!!!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 14:53
both new signings from FGR are playing and wallace on the bench

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 15:11
macc are 1 down

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 15:25
Aldershot are 4-1 down after 20 minutes!!!!!

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 15:26
danny rowe hat trick in 19 mins

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 15:29
Good news we need to win though

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 15:31
Still says Macclesfield 0 - Barrow 0 on the BBC HKR!

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 15:38
Quote:
sparky100
Still says Macclesfield 0 - Barrow 0 on the BBC HKR!

lol BBC are terribly slow

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 15:38
macc have equalized

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 15:42
Macc scoreline is on vanarama national league website

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 15:42
The ground trembles under fylde's feet at the moment. They've dished out some beatings to the top sides this season and are looking like serious Play-off contenders

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 15:45
Yeah bbc is really slow lol

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 15:52
Fylde 5 shots 1 at half time.. wouldn't like to face fylde in the play offs... liam noble has put notts county one up vs his former employers FGR

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 15:52
Macc are drawing and Sutton 1 up

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 16:06
yesss get in 1 up

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 16:23
Get in there

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 16:26
6 vs 1 now.... whats up with aldershot today

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 16:28
yesss 3 up get in rovers

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 16:29
7 vs 1 now and fylde are down to 10 men

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 16:30
League definitely not over at all, if Fylde are still in with a chance of the Playoffs then we’ve definitely got a chance of top spot.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 16:31
Very true

Hkr are you listening to the match on the radio?

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 16:36
Come on barrow....need to get a goal

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 16:44
Quote:
Shaumbra
Very true
Hkr are you listening to the match on the radio?

yes mate listening on mixlr

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 16:54
HKR, was that you "we want 5"?

Great result!

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 16:57
Quote:
Phil65
HKR, was that you "we want 5"?
Great result!

yes mate I got a mention on the radio lol. I joined the mixlr chat whilst listening to the game

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 16:58
massive dent into aldershots goal diff today

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 17:02
Jobs a good one. Like they said on radio, what a bench. Loving it.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 17:12
On way back from game:

After a sloppy first half , great second half. Everyone played well.

Our FGR duo had good games. Monthe’s physicality stopped a clear Dagenham chance to score in 1st half . Traore very slick in midfield.

Cook and Norwood sharp for goals , incl a one on one goal for Nors !

Man of the match McNulty

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 17:17
A great second half and a reposte to those who think that we can find better than Norwood and Cooke. Surely we must try to retain Cooke

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 17:21
Super result!! And Nors scoring 2 1on1's..Some favourable results but Macclesfield and Sutton are battling fiercely.
Big well done to the MIXL R boys for their coverage..Didn't need my kindle to hear the goals go in here in Majorca.☺

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 17:24
Mellon! Hasn't a Foo Kin clue .... LOL (in the absence of a positive post from you know who). Still a challenge to catch the top two but just have to keep plugging away.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 17:41
Well done superb win .those 2FGR lads could turn out to be just what we need .wallace back on the bench ,all I will say ,well done and good luck .what about Fylde 7,6,5 goals against the top competitors,👻 scary or what

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 17:45
Quote:
hong kong rover

Even bigger one in their confidence hkr

MESSAGES->author

10 March, 2018 17:51
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
hong kong rover

Even bigger one in their confidence hkr

yes mate fully agree

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 20:08
Quote:
jonesy792
On way back from game:
After a sloppy first half , great second half. Everyone played well.

Our FGR duo had good games. Monthe’s physicality stopped a clear Dagenham chance to score in 1st half . Traore very slick in midfield.

Cook and Norwood sharp for goals , incl a one on one goal for Nors !

Man of the match McNulty

Agree with all this. Both new players looked good. Great to see Wallace get 10 minutes and make a strong tackle which suggests no lack of confidence. Another brief outing for Tollitt who will also improve with more match time. Strikers very good today - Dagenham defence poor and tended to freeze, but that takes nothing away from Cook and Norwood -if they'd taken chances like this more often, we might be top or thereabouts. Very positive feeling for 3rd spot now, though doubt we'll catch Macclesfield or Sutton.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 21:11
Connor was brilliant today

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

10 March, 2018 22:42
Quote:
kennyspint
Connor was brilliant today
apart from the mistake early on that gifted them a great chance he played very well and the break down the goal line for the first goal was excellent. The first 10-15 minutes were very scrappy, Macc and Monthe took a while to settle. From 30 minutes on the whole seem appeared to click and the second half was a very dominant performance. The finishing today was first class, when Norwood burst through for his first, I will admit I was expecting to see him blast it at the keepers legs again, but he sold him a dream and lifted it cleanly over him. Drissa looks a class act, he can certainly pick a pass, and along with Harris ran the midfield. Its difficult to pick a man of the match because no one had a bad game.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 01:12
Liam was excellent too.But agree all played well today including Ritchie when he came on

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 15:05
A superb result and the Cook, Norwood partnership in evidence again and sentiments echoed that trying to find a better front two for next season, if the club were still in the NL would be very hard, but obviously if Tranmere and hopefully they will go up, then one of them would be likely to get sidelined, unless there was a switch to a 3 man attack most weeks.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 21:43
Just got back. Had a bit of something to do in London so took advantage and went to the game.

I have never been so transfixed and emotional as when we did the SWA chant for about 5 minutes towards the end of that game. Such a communal experience and led by our own wonderful girl who kept it going and really made it a surreal experience that I will never forget. There were tears in my eyes. That was brilliant. Thank you SWA.

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 12:09
Faultless debut from Traore.
Not convinced by Monthe. I sense a car crash waiting to happen. Sutton is better imo and I do not understand the logic of giving Monthe a game just because he is left footed. Although in fairness he got better the longer the game went on.
Jennings Norwood and Cooke give us great quality in the final third so even though we weren't great at times in the first half, you always sensed there were goals in the game. For the umpteenth time this season their Keeper gets POM. Made two greats saves in the second half to deny Nors and Rides.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 23:22
Quote:
roger mellie
Faultless debut from Traore.
Not convinced by Monthe. I sense a car crash waiting to happen. Sutton is better imo and I do not understand the logic of giving Monthe a game just because he is left footed. Although in fairness he got better the longer the game went on.
Jennings Norwood and Cooke give us great quality in the final third so even though we weren't great at times in the first half, you always sensed there were goals in the game. For the umpteenth time this season their Keeper gets POM. Made two greats saves in the second half to deny Nors and Rides.
It did take a little while for Macc and Monthe to sort themselves out, the logic of Monthe over Sutton, can't say I understand it either, but as they say in Micky w trust. I seen both Monthe's games and he has impressed me in both. Not sure how their keeper was given POM having picked the ball out of his net 4 times...

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 06:24
Having watched the highlighlights, it really was a game of 2 halves.

They missed 2 absolute sitters in the first half, one was easier to score then miss.

Still we took our chances well in the second half, so deserved the 3 points

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 12:10
Quote:
mini_andy
They missed 2 absolute sitters in the first half, one was easier to score then miss.

Isn't it a bit like Tranmere versus Macclesfield? If Tranmere had taken chances in first half, it may have been a different outcome in terms of conceding goals. A lot of it is about luck on the day.

Although the commentator reckoning it was Messi passing to Messi who finished sublimely tells a story!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2018 12:11 by 853OKG.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

13 March, 2018 21:02
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
mini_andy

Isn't it a bit like Tranmere versus Macclesfield? If Tranmere had taken chances in first half, it may have been a different outcome in terms of conceding goals. A lot of it is about luck on the day.

Although the commentator reckoning it was Messi passing to Messi who finished sublimely tells a story!

Yep. If we had scored "sitters" like we should have done against Chester, Wrexham, Dover, Sutton at home, Boreham Wood, Macclesfield etc. we would be sitting pretty. Dagenham missed sitters but we have probably created and missed more "sitters" than most teams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net